• 51 comments

194GVan

Premium
United States
Gainesville VA
retrohoon
ratr0
Drift Photo Competitions
Wallpapers by "LogicWavelength" and "somebody". LogicWavelength's are the ones that look like Boogiemans, and show all entries. Somebody's show the 15 entries into the poll. Thanks for helping to get us up to date guys.

PREVIOUS ENTRY REQUIREMENTS LIST - By jmx2222

Week 18 Entry Open
Week 17 Poll Open
Week 17 Entry Done
Week 16 Poll Done Winner - blotto3000
Week 16 Entry Done
Week 15 Poll Done Winner - JMURDER367
Week 15 Entry Done
Week 14 Poll Done Winner - buggymaster
Week 14 Entry Done
Week 13 Poll Done Winner - quati
Week 13 Entry Done
Week 12 Poll Done Winner - volcom_stone29
Week 12 Entry Done
Week 11 Poll Done Winner - jmx2222
Week 11 Entry Done
Week 10 Poll Done Winner - Famine
Week 10 Entry Done
Week 9 Poll Done Winner - JMURDER367
Week 9 Entry Done

|-PREVIOUS WEEKS-|
WEEKS 1-8

Drift Photo Competition Rules Discussion

Good idea 194GVan. That will make it easier in the long run. And no, I'm not a mod.:cool:

Just a suggestion for the poles:

You guys should show the thumbnails so that everyone doesnt have to go threw each link to look at the pictures!

TTRPM
Just a suggestion for the poles:

You guys should show the thumbnails so that everyone doesnt have to go threw each link to look at the pictures!

yep, that will happen for week 2. for week 1 entry youll see only a handful of people used thumbnails, the rest posted fullscreen images so linking was the only way to level the playing field so to speak.

and yea, i think u should put a thumbnail of the pic of the winner of each week next to the week :D

Week 2 Winner >>>> <<<<< :) jst so more ppl will try and win :)

VIPERGTSR01
What a rip off, promised 30 then cut it to 15 :indiff:

15 is better, Infact. 5 would be great. But when there are less, then it's MUCH easier to judge. I mean, the one with 50some pics was ridiculous. I wasn't going to look through all 50 of those pics. This way it's cut and dry. To the point we could do more then one a week if needed. 💡

I agree, elimination is fine (say start with 30 then drop that to 10 the to 5 etc from the opinion of a panel of Judges) then make a poll with say the top 5 pics that the Judges choose. But I dont think its fair one person ruling out over half of the pics because of his opinion then let people vote for whats left.

Plus some warning would have been nice instead of changing the rules half way though.

there was plenty of discussion in the days before the changes were made. I gave it some time so we could hopefully have input from anyone involved in the competitions. Everyone has no problem entering the contests, but only 1 person was actually taking the time to help me come up with ideas of what to do. I wanted input from everyone, that would have been great, but it seemed like no one cared enough to say anything.

There was discussion about having the panel of judges help choose the top pictures. With the pace we are trying to run the contests (1 poll and 1 entry thread running every week), having the judges choose would take some time, due to having to wait for the judges to view the photos, waiting for their PM's, etc... The reason it was decided to do it this way was because not only is it much quicker, but also it is not the same person on a week to week basis choosing the pictures. So although its only 1 persons choice every week, there is a sort of rotation going on based on the previous winners.

The way i see it...
Drift Video Competition - Needs Judges for judging, drift angle, skill, racing line taken, etc...
Drift Photo Competition - They are just photos. Easily taken, easily shared, easily judged. Always a competition open, always a poll open. We are just trying to make it as easy as possible, and with a different person choosing the top 15 every week, everyones going to have their opinions but only for 1 week at a time.

For the record I made it a point not to enter my photo in the top 15, because I was trying to do this in the most fair manner as possible.

Although I understand why it is this way, I still dont like it much.

How will this one man eliminator Judge be selected each week? The winner of the previous weeks comp?

I hope the same people dont win each week then.

Its all detailed in the first post up above, and also there is more discussion in the Week 1 poll. Im not going to require that anyone not pick their own picture for the contest, but leave that up to them. It would be fair that they didnt to give someone else a chance to choose the limitations and final entry photos.

From the now closed thread,

194GVan
VIPERGTSR01, thanks for your assistance in posting the thumbnail. I think im going to make a link directly to your post in future threads so people can reference it to post their pictures.

No problems :).

How do we know that the photo doesnt come from a "loop just after"? Or a shake, rattle and roll corner exit...sorry to be negative just wanted to know?

thedeester1
How do we know that the photo doesnt come from a "loop just after"? Or a shake, rattle and roll corner exit...sorry to be negative just wanted to know?

We've been through this before. It's not judge the skill or quality of the drift. But the photo itself. The creativity of it. It doesn't matter if the drift ended in a spin or out in the grass/sand. What matters in this competition is how cool is the picture. That's all.

well, we do it this way because we dont want people to be biased, say they have a grudge against someone and they wont vote for them under any circumstances, or they have a really good friend they always vote for...even that isnt really a flawless system as they can just go look at the entry thread anyways. even after I post the poll I usually only remember who took only 2 or 3 of the pictures.

the person that chooses the photos at the end of each entry sends me a PM with the names of the people each week. I HAVE to do it this way because i have to take the links from each thumbnail in order to repost it in the poll.

s2000lover
lol, getting better now boogie, adding the white lines look alot better :)

nice one :D

bt i was also thinking if u should add the Gt logo on, and the week #? :dunce: just an idea :)

something like this??

week 4

week 5 unbelievable . . 40 Entrys . . !!

week 6

week 7

edit: added s2000lover's picture to week 6 . . . (shame on me . . :ouch: )

u left out my picture :(

anyways, ive jst been looking through all the polls, and ive noticed nearly the top 5 are always the winners :S isit because some ppl cant be bothered to scroll down and jst click the top ones or what? :S

Latest Posts

Back