“Porsche Esports Challenge USA by Gran Turismo” Event

C_Raccoon23

Local Trash Panda 🦝
Premium
United States
USA
TPC_Raccooon23
CRaccoon23

A four round Porsche championship exclusively for North America. First race begins tomorrow.

Last edited:
Seriously? This is huge. I've been asking GT on Twitter for quite some time, where's the "Porsche Love" if you will for a while, as we normally only see sponsored bias or heavy JDM favored bias which is all understandable to a degree. Again, this is very welcomed news and an exciting update.

Love the concept, I'm only likely to win if everyone the top split goes on vacation through September and half the people in the 2nd split are under a rock! LOL. That said, how bad is that Porsche VGT? OOOoooofffff. I now know what its like to drive one of those front end only lifted 1/2 trucks around a racing circuit with no brakes.

My goodness, bad...very very bad.

Last edited:
Esports? Yep. But I think PD now sees GT as a marketing tool for automakers. Who will I guess pay PD/Sony handsomely to use such a wonderful tool. Porsche will be putting up the prize monies and flights. Players are just the punters having the marketing chucked at them, ie we are the product being sold to the automakers, and we’re paying for the privilege.

GT7 isn’t a great game, but PD isn’t stupid, it knows how to make money.

Last edited:
Hopefully there will be a way to see the time trial leaderboards online. It would suck to go all the way to one or more of the dealerships only to find out once you are there that you are nowhere near fast enough to qualify.

basically anyone below 1:43 in round 1 qualifying used well riding in several of the turn at Trail Mountain.
I tried to do it and got like 45 seconds in penalties, I guess Ill be happy with my high 1:44.

This is great and all but where is the UK Porsche competitions, could do with a Porsche endoresment and some wonga in my back pocket :D

Love the concept, I'm only likely to win if everyone the top split goes on vacation through September and half the people in the 2nd split are under a rock! LOL. That said, how bad is that Porsche VGT? OOOoooofffff. I now know what its like to drive one of those front end only lifted 1/2 trucks around a racing circuit with no brakes.

My goodness, bad...very very bad.
They're just continuing the trend from GTS of giving EVs wooden brakes for some reason. It's barely over 3,000 lbs - it shouldn't be stopping like James the Red Engine before he had his brake upgrade...
basically anyone below 1:43 in round 1 qualifying used well riding in several of the turn at Trail Mountain.
I tried to do it and got like 45 seconds in penalties, I guess Ill be happy with my high 1:44.
I'm 99.99% sure they issued a hot fix for the wall riding at some point this morning. Last night/early this morning, when I was practicing, I bounced off (not rode) the wall at various points when I overdid a corner, but didn't get a penalty. Today, I got a penalty if I so much as aggressively looked at a wall...

Last edited:
They're just continuing the trend from GTS of giving EVs wooden brakes for some reason. It's barely over 3,000 lbs - it shouldn't be stopping like James the Red Engine before he had his brake upgrade...

I'm 99.99% sure they issued a hot fix for the wall riding at some point this morning. Last night/early this morning, when I was practicing, I bounced off (not rode) the wall at various points when I overdid a corner, but didn't get a penalty. Today, I got a penalty if I so much as aggressively looked at a wall...

The James' wooden brakes on fire episode...
Glad to see we have men of culture on GTPlanet.

Couldn't stop getting stupid wall collision penalties in the SAME EXACT SPOT in all 3 attempts. Started 8th, finished 20th in Slot 1 (yes there's 20-car grids for this one). I'd been running 15th but since I'd already thrown away a respectable result due to my own stupidity, I decided to play ping-pong on the start/finish straight just to see how many penalties I could rack up before I finished. 21s was the answer.

Slot 2 was the only one where I didn't drive like a complete 🤬 🤬 moron (only gave myself a couple penalties this time), but it was still a worthless effort since I got thrown into Top Split and started 17th and finished 13th.

Final slot rolled around and this time my stupidity started in qualifying in a depleted Top Split, but I miraculously started 9th (even though it should've been 6th without my repeated stupidity). I somehow surpassed my complete idiocy from the first slot and got even more penalties this time (I think - I lost count after my 4th wall collision penalty in the same spot). Again, miraculously I finished where I started in 9th in spite of my best efforts to throw it away. Had I managed to not be a complete 🤬🤬 just this once, I could've had a potential 5th. Instead I ended the night with 192 points, which unfortunately will probably end up counting as 1 of my 2 scores, because I know I'll be even more useless at the next combo, and the one after that is another race with an EV barge (the Taycan), leaving only the final round as one I could possibly have a decent result in (but that one is Group C, so I know I'll likely piss away a great result there too in spite of actually enjoying those cars).

Last edited:
Porsche eSports Challenge USA
Round 1 - Trial Mountain
Porsche VGT - 1x Tire, 1x Fuel, RH Only

Slot 1 - I think my time spent racing friends with silly race combos finally paid dividends. The Porshce VGT 100% qualifies as silly. True story, I drove my 1997 Jeep Wrangler with a 4" lift and 35s to the grocery store after widdling my time into the 1:43s in the VGT and thought...Ahhhhhhhh a proper handling car. THis is supposed to be a Porsche! AWD at that. No turn in, no brakes, and gobbs of torque. There is very little room for error. So, I did what I would do when we raced some terrible car on Monday, I just gave up on driving enjoyment, swallowed my pill, and became mechanical. Uncompromised braking and driving line. Question then becomes, how do you race?

Lobby opened up and it was filled with a ton of unfamiliar names. There were only three I recognized, @GTWolverine and I.Accord plus an infamous trouble maker. During qualifying I put a nice gap between me and the guy in front so I could concentrate on my lines and not worry about catching or being caught. I think the guy behind me thought slipstream worked in qualy, so he was little close for my comfort. But, it ended well as I dropped in a 1:43.6xx. Good for p5. Unfortunatley it seems there were two wall riders in P1 and P2. A 1:40 flat for p1 and a low 1:42 for p2. It quickly became apparent that was the case as they fell back in the grid. One of the two wall riders held me up quite a bit and likely cost me a better finish. He didn't have close to the race pace but was just fast enough to be a thorn in my side. Although, there was plenty of blame I could put on the guy in the mirror.

With some very close touchy racing, I managed somehow to land on the podium. Even with the penatly for going wide on turn 4 and tapping the rocks and a huge braking error on lap 4, I managed to work myself from 5th to 4th to 8th to 3rd. Quite hectic for a 2nd split race, which was testament to how difficult this car was to drive. You didn't want to stray from your lines and braking points too much and you hoped your competitor made an error. Even when the did, these cars accelerate so quickly, it was hard to get by someone who did.

Banked 271 points which puts me tied in 16th with @Mistah_MCA !! Very good company to be in! I'm going to have to have a miracle to get into the top 12.

who on a wheel actually like this car(1995 Carrera RS) in BoP? I think controller steering speed needs nerfed or steering wheel users should be allowed to use the steering adapter.

The last race didn't start, costing me any chance of making top split.

Now I'm livestreaming so there is live proof of the game being unfinished.

It didn't mess up for me the last race but it is still inexcusable how many times it messed up for various players over the three races. I have an idea that I didn't really want to reveal until next year that could at least do something that once I have time to record with my voice in it I will make a video on.

Last edited:
Porsche eSports Challene USA
Round 2 - Laguna Seca
'95 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
12 Laps of Hell

Slot 1
- I did get to my knees and say a little prayer to 8 week old baby Jesus that I would survive all 12 laps. I prayed for my competitors as well. If you checked the BOP there was no sway bar on this monster. Which meant weight transfer was large and in charge. We'd all need devine intervention to survive this race.

After botching qualifying badly, I started p18 in top split. My chance of moving up from 16 in the overall rankings was, at best, unlikely. After waiting on the tarmac for almost a minute, the tree FINALLY lit up and we were off. Mayhem cannot describe the start. I don't know if people forgot to use TC on the start or if was a few false starters mucking up the grid, but there were cars flying everywhere. I went from p18 to ~p6 BEFORE turn 1. Unfortunately, I had to go off track after getting hit and while avoiding another racer sideways in the middle of the road. GT7 penalty system of course ignored the mayhem and gave me a 1/2 second. Well, it was lap one so I went from p6 to ~p10. Then a stupid error by yours truly put me into the rear of @OutlawQuadrnt almost murdering him at the top of the corkscrew. Luckily he was able to hold on to the car. I fell back to p18 and found myself in a race with @Mistah_MCA When we came out of the pits I noticed I was now on the wrong tire (H) and he was on the right one (M). So, it wasn't much of a race and I let him slide down the inside as soon as an opportunity presented itself. Finished p16, 135 points. I decided to go again.

Slot 2 - I had a much better qualifying and found myself starting in p12 behind @Mistah_MCA . The names in front are those constently scattered accross the top 20 in time trials. So, I knew I had to have a great race to get a good result. Unfortuantely, right behind me was a known trouble maker. I caught Mistah sleeping at the light and pulled on him and p9 towards T1. As we went into the turn, the trouble maker sent it up the inside of Mistah pushing him into me causing me to go very wide and losing two or 3 spots in T1. But, that would be OK, as Karma would find him a few laps later. I decide to run a fuel race and went 5 hard saving fuel then jumped out on the mediums for 7 more. I was able to get the undercut on Mistah and Zen on lap 7 and just squeeze by on T3. The end of the race had Zen running me down and me running down p10. We both came up just short as I finished p11, running out of fuel a few feet before I crossed the line. 195 points. All I was going to do this night. I had enough of that car.

Went into slot two and think i ended up in a reasonably fast room with A+ Driver's.
Could only manage to qualify 11th but the internet connectivity was the worst ive ever seen.
Only 18 took to qualify and on the start grid more disconnected and ended up 8th.
After watching Mistah's stream for slot 1 i decided on starting on the hard tire and fuel save.
After making a pass on the start and another player DC'ing i ended up in 5th.
I managed to stay super consistent, never ran off of track or made contact with anyone . Pitted lap 7 .
After passing a spinner i somehow pulled off a 3rd place finish for 210 points.

Attachments

• 20220731_153403.jpg
    20220731_153403.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Me trying the time trial for the Taycan at Watkins Glen: I'm ranked 125th in the world, I've never been this high on a leaderboard.
Me seeing there are 150 total people on the leader board.
Me again: never mind!

Back