≣PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup 6 - Congrats to Champion Spurgy 777!Finished 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,103 comments
Softened the springs based on what I learned in the Group 1 races. That helped me earn an easy P1 but I was too sluggish the first few laps, opening the door for doodle. Started pushing and the average lap times went down to mid 42s. Thought that would be good enough to pull away but nope, that little green machine was still dominating my rear view. I held, somehow, for my maiden GT6 series win. :dopey:

Then I forgot to save the replay. :dunce:

Not sure what happened to Jason but he got pole for the second race. Had no chance to reach him but I did close the gap to less than two seconds. The weird part was that like with the Group 1 race, track felt less grippy second time around.

Alright, thanks to everyone that showed up for the last race and stuck with us through the season. Nothing I hate more than people that sign up and commit to a racing series then bail without saying a word.

Congrats to Spurgy for winning the Group 1 Championship and doodlemonoply for winning the Group 2 Championship. Unfortunately it looks like the overall championship for the two rooms combined came down to a tie between those two drivers. We had decided at the beginning of the season that if there were any ties we would break by average finish. So, if someone could check my math on this it would be appreciated:

Spurgy = 6 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 / by 10 = 2.5 average finish.

doodle = 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 / by 10 = 1.7 average finish.

I just want to make sure that those zero's don't actually help with that average number. Nobody ever said I was good at math in school. :dopey:

Edit: I think those zeros do help, so since Race 1 was Spurgy's lowest scoring round should I drop that from his total? That would put him at 1.8 average finish. :scared:

-----------------------------------

As for my season finale, started out bad by spinning in qualifying, but managed to pull out a good enough lap to start 3rd. Unfortunately that didn't last long as I hit the dirt at the exit of turn 6 and my car was really unstable to start with so I promptly put it into the tires. I didn't really help myself by doing it again 2 laps later in the same exact 🤬 spot. Managed to catch and pass Mule to get myself out of last place and didn't really feel like risking that spot so I just took it easy the rest of the race.

Race 2 I obviously started up front (P2) on reverse grid behind Mule and tried my best to find a way around without hitting him. Was able to get around cleanly towards the end of lap 1 but by then the fast guys in the back had already started moving forward. I managed to hang onto the lead for a while until carracer got past me (still in first though, he didn't count :P) and spent way too much time watching my rear view for outlaw so I kept making mistakes. Finally decided to just keep my finger off the button and concentrate one what was ahead of me. Thankfully carracer made a mistake on the last corner coming to the white flag so I snuck by and took the victory ahead of a hard charging outlaw. As nice as it was to win, it didn't really make up for the horror show in the first race. And my car, which was perfect at Nurburgring GP/D, was all over the place at Laguna. Since I don't know how to tune, I just left it.

Now, as far as the next season goes, we will be taking a break to run something else for about 6 weeks, then we'll get started on FMSC7 which will be the MX-5 Touring Car's. 👍

Last edited:
if you drop the worst two (the zero's go away since they're DNRs):

Spurgy = 6 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 / by 8 = 1.75 average finish.
doodle = 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 / by 8 = 2.125 average finish.

or you drop the worst "event" since doodle took a week off:

Spurgy = (6 + 1) + (1 + 5) + (1 + 2) + (2 + 2) + (2 + 3) / by 8 = 2.25 average finish.
doodle = (3 + 1) + (2 + 1) + (0 + 0) + (2 + 3) + (2 + 3) / by 8 = 2.125 average finish.

or you just ignore the zero's (which is what I would do):

Spurge also did have 2 poles to doodle's zero.
There is also always the snowball fight option.

if you drop the worst two (the zero's go away since they're DNRs):

Spurgy = 6 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 / by 8 = 1.75 average finish.

or you drop the worst "event" since doodle took a week off:

Spurgy = (6 + 1) + (1 + 5) + (1 + 2) + (2 + 2) + (2 + 3) / by 8 = 2.25 average finish.
doodle = (3 + 1) + (2 + 1) + (0 + 0) + (2 + 3) + (2 + 3) / by 8 = 2.125 average finish.

or you just ignore the zero's (which is what I would do):

There is also always the snowball fight option.
It can only be the first or second option. The rules specify dropped races and the third choice does not do that for Spurgy.

It can only be the first or second option. The rules specify dropped races and the third choice does not do that for Spurgy.

There's no dropped races on doodle's 3rd... he didn't race at all that week. So an average of all the races he did compete in is only 8.

Most karting leauges I've been in seem to always drop the worst event, rather than worst heats. Of course I perfer the 2nd option, but hey! I'm fine with either way.

There's no dropped races on doodle's 3rd... he didn't race at all that week. So an average of all the races he did compete in is only 8.
That makes the most sense to me. If there are no objections, then we'll go with that.

Or sudden death. One race, two drivers, three laps. :P

So with drop rounds we're tied on points, and with drop races, like we were supposed to be doing, I win by 8 points. I also had more wins, more 2nds and more poles (which pretty much always decide ties), but I lose because I turned up to all the races? :grumpy:

EDIT: Didn't want this post to sound so grumpy, but you get the idea :)

Last edited:
So with drop rounds we're tied on points, and with drop races, like we were supposed to be doing, I win by 8 points. I also had more wins, more 2nds and more poles (which pretty much always decide ties), but I lose because I turned up to all the races? :grumpy:

EDIT: Didn't want this post to sound so grumpy, but you get the idea :)

I do agree with you... It's a hard call.
*BUT* Your worst weeks were 1 and 2 so if you didn't come either of those weeks you'd still have a worse average finish.

Spurgy = (6 + 1) + (1 + 5) + (1 + 2) + (2 + 2) + (2 + 3) / by 8 = 2.250 average finish.
Spurgy = (6 + 1) + (1 + 5) + (1 + 2) + (2 + 2) + (2 + 3) / by 8 = 2.375 average finish.

Also, dropping either one of your worst weekends takes out one of your wins making you both even on wins.
You do have two poles though, which is exactly why you're losing on the averages. Without those two bonus points doodle wins on raw score since he has no poles.

The way I drop rounds I also drop the race score but not the bonus points, so if we treated your first round like you just didn't show up you'd also lose on score since one of your pole bonuses would fall off.

Here's the data:

upload_2014-2-2_12-51-35.png

Maybe we should do a grudge match? Two men enter, one man leave.

Thanks, again, for putting this all together. Congrats to whoever is eventually considered the overall champion. That's why I hate split divisions.

So what are we racing over the next 6 weeks? Rockets? Lol.

Thanks, again, for putting this all together. Congrats to whoever is eventually considered the overall champion. That's why I hate split divisions.

So what are we racing over the next 6 weeks? Rockets? Lol.
I'm not doing anything for at least a few weeks because I need as much time as I can get on the weekends to work on my car. Once it's on the road I have something I am throwing together which I hope will be popular. :)

Sorry I missed the last event. I had someone over and racing wasn't in the cards. But I love the series and hope to make the next one.

The way I drop rounds I also drop the race score but not the bonus points, so if we treated your first round like you just didn't show up you'd also lose on score since one of your pole bonuses would fall off.
If we go with dropping race weekends, Spurgy's Silverstone would be dropped off because sans the bonus point for pole, he earned 31 points compared with 32 points for Laguna.
@Dr_Watson Did some quick maths, and if you don't drop bonus points, shouldn't I have 137 points?

2 bonus points + 20 + 12 + 20 + 17 + 17 + 17 + 17 + 15
I will certify that this is correct.

@Dr_Watson Did some quick maths, and if you don't drop bonus points, shouldn't I have 137 points?

2 bonus points + 20 + 12 + 20 + 17 + 17 + 17 + 17 + 15

Hmm... I'll have to fix that. That bonus point is mysteriously getting dropped. Coding in the multi division multi heat stuff must have injected a small bug in the standings calculation.

Yeah you should be +1 on doodle. So no need for a tie break. Congrats.

Wait what?

If we go with dropping race weekends, Spurgy's Silverstone would be dropped off because sans the bonus point for pole, he earned 31 points compared with 32 points for Laguna

So we aren't dropping Spurgy's Silverstone?

Back