≣PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup 6 - Congrats to Champion Spurgy 777!Finished 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,103 comments
Travis (carracer) is in Group 1 so you technically finished 3rd. ;)

I will thank Tim for holding you up, though. I was just awful in the last sector and mediocre through Bit curve, so I had trouble running low 47s.

Was going to hold you up too, but spent too much time driving in my mirrors and ****ed up my turn in @ t1 and you blew past. Then I caved under doodles 5 laps of relentless pressure. I suck in the Kumho Kurve + Bit Kurve left right section, started pushing it harder and harder through there until got a bad bit of the outside kerbing between the two. Looped it around, watched 3 cars go by and by then I'd blown 15+ seconds with only 2 laps to catch up. I ran two 47.5's to close it out but I would have needed another lap to get back in the real points. Could have been 4th + 2nd .... but ended up 4th + 6th.

Really fun racing though, so I'm pleased. It's great racing with everyone of such high caliber that we were going nose-to-tail into hard braking zones then 3-wide through several corners without every worrying that some was going to do any punting. Hell, doodle and I went side by side through the chicane without even risking our wing mirrors. Great races. 👍

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/myhome/gallery

If you can, export the replay, then using the PS3 copy the file to a USB drive, then .zip it up (or .rar). After that attach the file to a post here or upload the file to a file hosting site, or email it to me (I will PM you my email address in this case).

It's not important but if you can do it, it would be great!

Ok, it says that the file is too big to attach here. PM me your email and I'll send you the zip file.

Last edited:
Some photos from the first race:

Nürburgring GP_D.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_1.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_2.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_3.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_4.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_5.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_6.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_7.jpg

:lol: There's no way you can email a file that big. This is what dropbox is for.

Although fyi I do allow big attachments on the pure forum... anything under 100MB works fine. I've attached other FMSC races there with no issue.

@R1600Turbo about the drop rounds, when you said we drop our worst two race results, did you mean we dropped our worst round?

It's programmed to drop your worst "round" ... that way you can take a week off.

Hopefully that's how it's supposed to be, else I'll have to reprogram it to drop your worst two "heats". ;)

It's programmed to drop your worst "round" ... that way you can take a week off.

Hopefully that's how it's supposed to be, else I'll have to reprogram it to drop your worst two "heats". ;)
That's how I had originally planned it, dropping two heats. But when I saw it drop the worst round I figured that's how it had to be and didn't say anything.

That's how I had originally planned it, dropping two heats. But when I saw it drop the worst round I figured that's how it had to be and didn't say anything.

I can make it do whatever you want. Just seemed odd to drop individual heats with the reverse grid so I went with the standard "worst weekend".

My car hauler is already in Monterey since I wasn't able to make the trip to Germany. I plan on hitting the track tonight and pounding out about a hundred laps or so if anyone cares to join.

Ok this week will definately be the week I don't make it. Kinda sucks with it being the finale and all but I got other plans. Guess I'll see you guys next season.

On another note, about Saturday night. Now part of my issue in heat 2 was due to me sucking as a driver but the tap from whoever it was next to me didn't help the situation, so an apology would have been appreciated after the race. I'll have to look at the replay again to see who it was because I forgot but that tap killed my concentration and caused me to brake way to late sending my flying into the wall and ruining what might have been a pretty decent race.

A clip of the epicness that unfolded last weekend.

I can just imagine Tim in fourth hoping that you guys would have taken each other out. Nice racing.

In other news, Rich and I ran some laps last night at Laguna and clocked best laps of 42.4 & 42.3, respectively. We were both running sectors to put us at 42 flats but couldn't string a solid lap together. I am sure 41s are possible for some of the faster dudes.

Gosh, that small tap in T1 on the last lap looks worse than I thought it was. :scared:

On a side note I totally spaced posting the results last night. :lol: Will do that tonight...

Results/Points posted except for a few things:

1) SLC_VR6 will need to be moved from Group 2 to Group 1 so I can put him in the results.
2) Will have to post Group 1 fast laps tomorrow night.
3) Group 2, Race 2 split times had to be calculated manually since carracer crashed the party and since he won that race the split times were off. Hopefully they are correct. :P

Did a few laps post-update.

Biggest noticeable change is the tire color; it's more like GT5 where the rubber starts a darker shade of blue when cold. Could just be me but it takes a lot longer to heat up the tires as well. I also had to ditch my old setup for it became far more loosey goosey. Finally, the dirt is not that forgiving anymore, especially that lovely patch at Rahal. I had been able to skim the edges before but now it's not worth the risk.

Ran a 42.5 although I can't run 42s right off the bat anymore.

Did a few laps post-update.

Biggest noticeable change is the tire color; it's more like GT5 where the rubber starts a darker shade of blue when cold. Could just be me but it takes a lot longer to heat up the tires as well. I also had to ditch my old setup for it became far more loosey goosey. Finally, the dirt is not that forgiving anymore, especially that lovely patch at Rahal. I had been able to skim the edges before but now it's not worth the risk.

Ran a 42.5 although I can't run 42s right off the bat anymore.
Did PD throw in the tire temp bug in 1.04? Laguna was the worst track for that.

Latest Posts

Back