1.18 CONFIRMED GTACADEMY begins April 21st!

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 427 comments

Are you happy with the update?

• Yes

Votes: 105 61.4%
  • No

Votes: 66 38.6%

• Total voters
To be fair, isn't that what you do AS a competitor? Exploiting what is before you to the fullest while staying within the rules? Hell, the very world of motorsport is to a degree absolutely wrought with exploitation.

Exactly. Anyone who thinks the aliens are cheating by doing whatever it takes to get around the track fastest within the rules should go ahead and see if they can match the alien's times by using the same exploits. "Exploiting" the limits of physics - whether real or simulated - is what all great drivers do.

Rubbish.

Even I'm down around the mid 1:08's now, but can't put together a full clean lap to post a legit time.
I still don;t quite have the braking as late as I should, and with the bad DFGT pedals can't feel the modulation for trail braking as good as I would like.

But there's still corners I'm coming out of too slow, and I always end up with one corner a lap I push too deep and ruin the lap running wide.
There's easily a flat 1:08 in my skills when I get the time to get in the groove for long enough.

675067.jpg

Just do these for fun. They're not very accurate for representing how fast you are in real life. Most these guys dont make it to be a winner, even if they are in the top rankings on seasonal time trials and GT-A. Thats good, and a lot are good in the real world. But what everyone should remember is that this is only one avenue to get on the 'racing scene'. Just because you arent quick on gt6 dont mean youre not quick. I know a few guys who race that are very good but cant hang on gt6. It seems like people's spirits are down because they cant get 2:04's in the GTR. If you could actually do a 2:04 in a GTR nismo at Silverstone, youd be a hero irl. Thats near LM GTE pace, in a street car. Not very realistic! Thats why I personally just go for gold and be satisfied. No reason to get up in arms over some video game competition, like I said, especially so as its not very representative.

Finger's crossed that its the Youtube GT-R. I really do want Nissan's Red Batmobile.

Round 2 is at Brands Hatch GP using the GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN.

Great news, love the track and one I use frequently for testing and tuning...should be fun depending on how they have the car handling this time. Getting ready to give it a go now.

Round 2 is at Brands Hatch GP using the GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN.

20150505_020314-jpg.360346

Round 1: GT-R NISMO (GT Academy 2015)*
Round 2: GT-R NISMO GT3 GT Academy Team RJN (GT Academy 2015)*
Round 3: Z11SN Greaves Motorsport (GT Academy 2015)
Round 4: Nismo GTR-LM

Just was I was guessing (and hoping) would happen.

Attachments

• 20150505_020314.jpg
    20150505_020314.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 238
Great news, love the track and one I use frequently for testing and tuning...should be fun depending on how they have the car handling this time. Getting ready to give it a go now.
It feels to me they've made it oversteer alot more. A nice challenge, keeps you on your toes. Gold time is an easy, 1.28.000.

I got a 1.26.738 first time out with a DS3. That's it for me for this round. (I'm ineligible for GT Academy, hence the lack of effort. :lol: )

Latest Posts

Back