1.18 CONFIRMED GTACADEMY begins April 21st!

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 427 comments

Are you happy with the update?

• Yes

Votes: 105 61.4%
  • No

Votes: 66 38.6%

• Total voters
Is it good for racing in general if drivers educate themselves by exploiting simulators? Sounds like there is a gap between the virtual and the real somewhere.

That is if you're delusional enough to be unable to tell fantasy apart from reality.

In that case, you are also cheating as you are playing the same game and getting a time advantage due to driving with the actual physics...
i'm not abusing of the game physics but there are ppl what do it, the only thing i trying to explain is that is no fair for the rest of people that does not over-rev the engine for get the best time

i'm not abusing of the game physics but there are ppl what do it, the only thing i trying to explain is that is no fair for the rest of people that does not over-rev the engine for get the best time

No, you may not be abusing the game physics, but you do have the same opportunity as others to do so. Therefore, it is not cheating. Just because you chose not to use that technique, a technique that is available to everyone, does not mean its cheating. I really don't think you know the definition of cheating.

if you can get a time advantage doing a abuse of the actual physics then should be penalized.
do not you think so? I think it is quite logical what I say
I understand your frustration, I really do. No one really wants a simulator to allow you to do things in the game that are totally unrealistic in life to gain an advantage, but in any competition, people are going to exploit any flaws in the game physics to gain an advantage, especially when such a huge prize is up for grabs.

Who is at "fault" in this is obviously PD. They designed the game so that engine and drivetrain damage is not part of the package. If you want to blame anyone, blame them for the game design, not the players who are operating within the physics given to them.

What is your point within the context?
Exploiting the game's physics does not mean that they will do the same in real racing, these people are trained beyond the videogame. So in a way there is a gap between the virtual and real world. Although I admit the delusional aspect was unnecessary.

Last edited:
To be fair, isn't that what you do AS a competitor? Exploiting what is before you to the fullest while staying within the rules? Hell, the very world of motorsport is to a degree absolutely wrought with exploitation.

As a newbie, can someone explain what the problem/bug is, and why it is considered as a cheat and unrealistic?
Thanks in advance.

As a newbie, can someone explain what the problem/bug is, and why it is considered as a cheat and unrealistic?
Thanks in advance.

From what I gather, the physics in GT work in a way where the engine and drivetrain work in a peculiar matter. This in turn allowed someone to exploit the engine braking to make a gain in some corners. One person (or several) feel that its cheating because its basically exploiting the quirkiness of the game's physics while other people participating are not.

Exploiting the game's physics does not mean that they will do the same in real racing, these people are trained beyond the videogame. So in a way there is a gap between the virtual and real world. Although I admit the delusional aspect was unnecessary.

Of course they won't, sounds quite impossible too. Sure, the real life training will always make a positive contribution to selection. However, being among the best sim exploiters doesn't necessarily translate to being among the best sim racing drivers. Thereby, the gap between virtual and real that may not be good for racing in general.

Of course they won't, sounds quite impossible too. Sure, the real life training will always make a positive contribution to selection. However, being among the best sim exploiters doesn't necessarily translate to being among the best sim racing drivers. Thereby, the gap between virtual and real that may not be good for racing in general.
Well, being the best sim racer doesn't give you the ticket into a real GT-R GT3 either. The game is just the first step of the staircase.

Well, being the best sim racer doesn't give you the ticket into a real GT-R GT3 either. The game is just the first step of the staircase.

But I think we can all agree that this first step should help us find the best sim racers, right? It would be the sensible precondition before anyone gets a real chance to pilot a GT3 for a living.

But I think we can all agree that this first step should help us find the best sim racers, right? It would be the sensible precondition before anyone gets a real chance to pilot a GT3 car for a living.
Sure why not?

GT Academy has just begun however, and there are still 3 machines to use in time trial. They're probably not as affected by the engine braking assist as much as the GT-R Nismo.

From what I gather, the physics in GT work in a way where the engine and drivetrain work in a peculiar matter. This in turn allowed someone to exploit the engine braking to make a gain in some corners. One person (or several) feel that its cheating because its basically exploiting the quirkiness of the game's physics while other people participating are not.

Hmm ... lot of people who know the trick to drive fast. I often realize how can they take corner at those speed. Not only in GT but any racing game. Also driving fast in a game does not necessarily mean the player is that good in real life.

My tv advertises GT Academy in show. My expression is what you expected.

Also, they mention the winner goes to UK, not Abu Dhabi.

I'd honestly never thought of engine braking on the limiter like that,
have done it inadvertently in real life, picking 2nd instead of 4th in an unfamiliar 6speed car.

I can the advantage in an AWD car as it'll keep "drive" at the front wheels when hard on the brakes to prevent locking the wheels,

off to GTA to test to see if i can get a Gold time... :D

Who confirmed the next round is a race car?

Considering both the car in this round and the YOUTUBE GT-R were found in the update (Sporting GT Academy 2015 Plates), its been fairly safe to say that the next round onwards is race car oriented.

I've never bothered with driving any of the GTR's much, and I hate the new Silverstone layout,
Give us the late 90's track.. :D

but anyway, after a bunch of laps getting annoyed with this car, you simply cannot drive it like a race car and be fast.
and by "race car" I mean, brake, turn, gear, accelerate.
I was managing only high 2:11's

Found the video guide in the other thread
And immediately down do a 2:10 flat, and getting faster every lap

I guess you can't get in and drive like you normally should/ would.
you have to get in and do whatever is fast for the car,
As shown below, hard hit of the brakes initially to shift the weight with a downshift at the same time to give you engine braking, trail-brake through and get on the loud pedal early,
the car loves to power oversteer to even if you're running wide mid-corner, give it the berries and it comes around
completely counter-intuitive to driving an AWD car, but hey, it's fast.

There's 3 GT Academy plated cars. There's a 33% chance the next round could be the Nismo GT-R again...

I'm very confident the next car is gonna be the Youtube GT-R. The way they've been showing off the GTR LM in GT Academy promos (which leaves open the opportunity for a update to include it) AND the fact that the Zytek is one of those cars with the GT Academy plate on it, I feel its safe to rule out the Nismo GT-R being used again.

Latest Posts

Back