2014 NASCAR Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jahgee
  • 9,025 comments
  • 389,755 views
Via Nate Ryan's twitter...

Br0CCSdIUAACDmA.jpg
 
If they do in fact race, there won't be a Montoya to kill the Air Titans :dopey:
 
There are 43 other cars that could do it, but Air Titans won't be on the track at the same time as the cars will.
 
Goodwood gets a mention :D

EDIT: Wise has a Chevy bow tie on his outfit but drives a Ford?
 
Last edited:
Josh Wise segment. The underfunded, low budget teams don't normally get this treatment.

Even if some of us don't like the doge meme, it's the best thing that's happened to Phil Parsons Racing...

EDIT: Wise has a Chevy bow tie on his outfit but drives a Ford?
They aren't contracted to a particular manufacturer so it's not an issue having conflicts like that.

And... TNT is showing last year's Coke Zero 400.
 
Last edited:
Can't wait for all the congratulatory posts about Jimmie Johnson winning his 2nd straight Coke Zero 400 :lol:
 
Yet they don't have the power to change Jeff Gordon's awful luck.
 
Hard luck about Kasey Kahne
 
11am Eastern race start tomorrow... if the weather is good.
 
I guess that I'll get to watch the race after all. I was expecting to get on Facebook and find out that way, but since it got rained out, I didn't miss a thing.
 
We should do a wet race at Daytona in GT6
I'm guessing you didn't see that Nationwide practice session a few days ago?
 
Am I the only one who can't wait for next sunday?
 
I'm guessing you didn't see that Nationwide practice session a few days ago?
I did, but GT6 doesn't simulate hydroplaning at all, so it's possible to run (slowly) at 100% surface water with no real issues other than wheel spin and understeer
 
I don't mean to be rude or offensive, but why was everyone but one referred to by last name? :dopey:
2 reasons:
-calling a woman by her first name is more classy, I think, than just typing "Patrick".

-there's this article I read that I think about whenever she has a bad race, gets lapped, wrecks someone, etc... saying if she had been born David Patrick, (s)he'd been out of the sports for being not competitive enough, or, at the very least (because she may be one of the top 43 NASCAR drivers) not in a top ride*.
If/when I type "Patrick", I instantly think of David... lol

*Justin Allgaier, a rookie, is very close to her in points in a single car team, a RCR satellite (H-Scott Motorsports), basically the 15th or 20th Hendrick car.
Regan Smith, Bayne, Elliott Sadler, Montoya, Reutimann won Sprint Cup race(s) and don't have (full-time) rides. Danica's best finish is 6th...

Learned one thing from this race...

Two cars pushing each other, separated from the field and way back in the 30s... get penalized
Cars pushing others to the lead.. perfectly fine to do.
The broadcasters explained well, it's the sustained push from these 2 cars that were trying to catch the pack that was penalized.
No way NASCAR can penalize Sieg for pushing in the last 1/4 mile after that finish!

Morgan Shepard will attempt to qualify for next week's race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in the #33.
if it's the same car/crew chief, he's likely to qualify, Stremme/Scott/Hill/Kennedy/B.Labonte have made 17 of 18 races in the #33, and there's no news about Yeley (#44) and Blaney (#77) yet so it might again be a short field.
It's Shepherd, btw...

We should do a wet race at Daytona in GT6
it feels like it's been raining in the turns already since 1.09

Goodwood gets a mention :D

EDIT: Wise has a Chevy bow tie on his outfit but drives a Ford?
#98 switched to Chevrolet this season: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...ise-new-team-2014-phil-parsons-racing-98.html

They only run Ford on the RP tracks. All their SS/ST/RC bodies are Chevy, only the RP body is a Ford.
source? I'm seeing #98 Josh Wise Chevrolet Curb Records / Lee Brice on jayski, nascar.com, see link above.
 
As if sponsorship influences who gets rides... (sarcasm)
 
Oh neat, once again I'm being quoted and corrected for something I didn't get wrong... :rolleyes:
Shepherd, not Shepard, is likely to qualify, not just attempt, GT Pauresche (if Shepard=Shepherd, then Porsche=Pauresche, right? :rolleyes: )...
And for once, the broadcasters explained well, sustained is the key word.
If you don't want to get quoted, don't post (wrong stuff), Idk?
 
Back