2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,470 views
Much as I want to see Flying Lizards win that race, I don't agree with that penalty. Even if there was contact (which is questionable), that was a racing incident more than anything.
 
There was no contact at the Kink but ther was a lot of it at the bus stop a few laps beofore.
The penalty though was not on that one, but rather on the last lap incident.

He didn't cause avoidable contact, he avoided the contact. Oh well.
 
That's a BS penalty wow.
 
Wow this is stupid, I think the first bump by Ferrari was worth more of a call than what the call actually went to. If this is how the series will be regulated I rather not watch it.
 
Disagree. I think Level 5 Ferrari did run up but didn't hit the FLM Audi. Shouldn't be a penalty. Then again, L5 would have won anyways.
If it wasn't for the caution the Lizards would have won, Winkelhock was 2 seconds a lap faster, only 8 seconds behind with 25 minutes to go. I agree it shouldn't be a penalty, that's no way to lose/win a race.
 
Please review that penalty...
 
The penalty though was not on that one, but rather on the last lap incident.

He didn't cause avoidable contact, he avoided the contact. Oh well.

Announcers said it was confirmed that the penalty was for the incident at the bus stop.
 
Announcers said it was confirmed that the penalty was for the incident at the bus stop.
Oh, makes sense
EDIT - No it doesn't, this is a farce, we need some clarification on the results.
 
This is a joke, first they throw a fake yellow to force crap like this for the cameras and when it actually happens they come up with some BS call!
Trust me I wanted to see the Lizards take it, I was screaming for them but this is BS!
 
Stupid penalty for the Level 5 Ferrari. There was no contact through there, the Lizards Audi just went off from the outside. Hopefully the race officials will see it and take off the penalty.

Side Note: Congrats to the #91 SRT Viper for 3rd in GTLM! 👍
 
Announcers said it was confirmed that the penalty was for the incident at the bus stop.
In that case then the driver of the L5 just threw away a victory by making it closer than it needed to be.
 
The Audi nearly pitted the Ferrari coming out of the horseshoe, and the Ferrari gets a penalty for avoiding avoidable contact
 
Holy **** what a bunch of ******* tools running that race. Aside from the heaps of unnecessary cautions, alarmingly lacodazical safety crew and absolutely ridiculous penalties, it was a good race and I look forward to the rest of the season. I also can't remember the last time i watched a 24 hou race where an Amateur ferrari didn't screw up a pro's race...
 
Forcing a driver off track is the same as avoidable contact in my eyes...
 
The right car wins despite joke yellows, but the Level 5 Ferrari can't be penalised for anything. That was a fair move and no contact was made.
 
The Audi nearly pitted the Ferrari coming out of the horseshoe, and the Ferrari gets a penalty for avoiding avoidable contact
Penalize both of them? And the Ferrari who caused contact to Hand?
 
The Ferrari didn't hold its inner line and forced Winkelhock to go off-track, you can see that in the camera filming from the front. If that's penalty worthy is a different question though.
 
Holy **** what a bunch of ******* tools running that race. Aside from the heaps of unnecessary cautions, alarmingly lacodazical safety crew and absolutely ridiculous penalties, it was a good race and I look forward to the rest of the season. I also can't remember the last time i watched a 24 hou race where an Amateur ferrari didn't screw up a pro's race...
What about the LeMans 24 where the Audi went airborne a couple of years ago?
 
Wow this is stupid, I think the first bump by Ferrari was worth more of a call than what the call actually went to. If this is how the series will be regulated I rather not watch it.
I think the racing has great potential, but yeah I hate the idea of supporting such horrible officiting.
 
Forcing a driver off track is the same as avoidable contact in my eyes...
Even when there's ZERO contact?

Either way, he had the only line through that corner. Winkelhock made a gutsy move and it didn't work for him.
 
Having seen the replays now, stupid penalty. The race control is quickly becoming a joke. First that 🤬 Yellow, then a terrible penalty call. Why bother watching a series where the race control decides who wins?
 
:facepalm: Not a good call...
But the Audi wins so :)
 
If the penalty is for the chicane contact, then I totally agree as that was an unnecessary move. If it was for the kink. that is completely undeserved. As much as I hate Level 5, there was no contact there so the penalty is unnecessary.
 
My alert box is up to 10 just from posts in this thread lol.
 
Back