2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,430 views
Having a bias is the last thing you should have when "officiating" a race....

That's why I'm not officiating the race, if I was OAK Racing would've had all their tyres swapped for Michelins.
 
Considering the cars were both running on 34 lap old tires and not conserving like prior stints because it was the final stint, I'd say the tires were probably going away quite a bit. You can tell the cars are both shaking under brake zone, and understeer out of the corner...not sure what you're expecting.
The Audi wouldn't even have left the kink on track if grip was the issue, but it did, until the Ferrari went wide.
Motors TV (GER) commentators agree with me too.
 
Looking at the replay of cars going through that same corner and then at the replay of that Ferrari, that looks abit like Windelhock got forced off. I still can't judge it that well from the second camera angle they had.

Considering the cars were both running on 34 lap old tires and not conserving like prior stints because it was the final stint, I'd say the tires were probably going away quite a bit. You can tell the cars are both shaking under brake zone, and understeer out of the corner...not sure what you're expecting.

Except the Audi didn't have nearly as much traction problems as the Ferrari while it was catching it. Only reason it had problems going into that lap because of the damage in the right rear caused by the Ferrari in the chicane.
 
Jav
Do any of you have any idea of how a car behaves on that corner? Every GT-D car tracks out on that corner unless they're driving like a granny. I was there for the Roar and was there for the race and they all tracked out the same way every single lap. It was an honorable push by Marcus, but it was only gonna end up that way.
Summed up well 👍
 
Jav
Do any of you blaming the Ferrari have any idea of how a car behaves on that corner? Every GT-D car tracks out on that corner unless they're driving like a granny. I was there for the Roar and was there for the race and they all tracked out the same way every single lap. It was an honorable push by Marcus, but it was only gonna end up that way.

This, obviously some of you don't know what the hell your on about and sorry if Lizards couldn't have won without the BS call.
 
Looking at the replay of cars going through that same corner and then at the replay of that Ferrari, that does look like Windelhock got forced off.



Except the Audi didn't have nearly as much traction problems as the Ferrari while it was catching it. Only reason it had problems going into that lap because of the damage in the right rear caused by the Ferrari in the chicane.

That I agree with and may note of it in my prior post, but regardless that should have been the call for penalty. You can't officiate as they just did. Call it at the right time instead of covering your ass because you didn't.
 
Winkelcock is a moron. Guidi should have won. IMSA = I Must Serve Audi.

Ferrari vs. Audi at the real Le Mans should be interesting...
 
He didn't go all wide? And if it's what I think you're referring to both drivers had oversteer out of the corner.

Normally I would agree but in this case I really think the R8 was far enough to make it through and the Ferrari was carrying too much speed through the corner.

Have you ever studied a car going round a corner before? They don't hug one tight line like a slot car.

Don't act like that, no need for that here. As said above, the Ferrari was carrying too much speed through the corner. It's not the first time today 2 cars going through a corner at the same time and it sure isn't the last time. I think this is not normal and it should be penalized to stop this from happening in the future.

If there is room to enter a corner with two cars than there MUST be enough room to exit a corner. And that's not by giving more power!
 
I'd love to see the people arguing for the Audi actually make a move like that in a real race. Put it this way - I doubt you would live very long if you continually made moves like that.
 
Shocker they think Audi was wronged...
Now don't pull that stupid nationality card please.
Again, I'm not saying the penalty itself was right, but I can understand the decision and anyway, the Ferrari rammed Winkelhock before, so I'd call that justified.


I'd love to see the people arguing for the Audi actually make a move like that in a real race. Put it this way - I doubt you would live very long if you continually made moves like that.
Get off your high horse.
 
@Carlos we can start a pot to gather the necessary monetary funds to get your eyes fixed if you need it that bad.
 
Ferrari vs. Audi at the real Le Mans should be interesting...

How will a couple of gentlemen teams having an incident in a minor sportscar race affect a race with totally different teams racing in totally different classes?
 
Both drivers thought they had the kink, they both kept there foot in, and the one on the outside on the exit left the track. This isn't exactly an uncommon situation in racing. If the penalty was for that... hmmm, racing incident.
 
Notice the Ferrari gave a slight tap of the brake right when he was apexing to give the Audi some room..
 
@Carlos we can start a pot to gather the necessary monetary funds to get your eyes fixed if you need it that bad.

So when you're out of normal answers you act like a little boy? Come on man, just discuss this thing out and don't throw cheap things at me.
 
How will a couple of gentlemen teams having an incident in a minor sportscar race will affect a race with totally different teams racing in totally different classes?

24hours of Daytona is a minor sportcar race, could have fooled me.
 
This thread:
70c4fb6805b52dad86a91fcf3b34558e.png
 
Looking at the replay of cars going through that same corner and then at the replay of that Ferrari, that looks abit like Windelhock got forced off. I still can't judge it that well from the second camera angle they had.
Yes, but you're missing the fact that in this particular case the Ferrari had a smaller radius due to the Audi being on the outside at corner entry, of course the line will look different!
 
Well done to all the Neesaans, Marzders, and Ordies that competed, and to the Zee Fours too :D I love American commentary :D Anyways, good race, I always enjoy the Daytona 24 hour, fisrt time in a while I've not been cheering for a car at the front, but it's fun nevertheless.

for the record...as an American...

- if you go to a Nissan dealer...or talk to a Nissan North America employee, or a commercial paid for by Nissan North America...that is how THEY pronounce the company's name..

- today was the first time ive ever heard Audi pronounced that way...

- did someone actually pronounce Mazda with an R??

- in America that is how we pronounce the letter Z...and it actually dates back to Old English IIRC
 
How will a couple of gentlemen teams having an incident in a minor sportscar race affect a race with totally different teams racing in totally different classes?

Because one drove and Audi, and the other drove a Ferrari.
 
So when you're out of normal answers you act like a little boy? Come on man, just discuss this thing out and don't throw cheap things at me.

I did discuss it and analyzed it if you're not willing to be objective then too bad. I agree the first incident was all Ferrari's fault and should have given room, but you'd be a hypocrite to say both incidents were Ferrari's fault. And it isn't cheap it's me telling you in a condescending manner that you might want to reassess what you watched.
 
If there is room to enter a corner with two cars than there MUST be enough room to exit a corner. And that's not by giving more power!
But there isn't enough room to go side by side unless you are literally going 5mph. Going round the outside around any sweeper is dangerous, let alone when you think that going banzai will make the car on the inside disappear and your car moving onto the racing line.
 
Back