2014 United Sports Car Championship

• Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
well and that's that better them over the other A car if not red .. i know my post makes no sense . just don't wanna get flame for spoiling the race :( still sad to see that Red couldn't finish the job like the 2000 team could

Fun times were had at the race. Hoorah to the winners, sorry to the losers. I finally got to see the DeltaWing race in person.

There was a little more organization on the spectator side when it was ALMS. For example, getting there early and having the parking look like a maze due to tents placed next to cars not parked in orderly rows and having the parking guy tell me to just park wherever and they'll organize rows later. At one point the lot entrance was actually blocked by cars. Last year I was early enough to have a choice, but I was given explicit instructions in how I was supposed to park. I also don't recall if food was being run as fundraisers. It always was for ALMS. This year I saw a bunch of brand name food stands. Club Patron hasn't changed though, so I can always count on an overpriced, but tasty, drink.

One of the women working the Corvette booth stopped me to read my shirt (quote that's in my sig) and showed an unusually intense interest in it, continuing to talk to me until another girl there came up and said something to her. I've been married nine years so I have no recent experience to know if she was flirting or was just really interested in discussing sociopolitical philosophy. All I know is that my friend got mad because his Indianapolis Colts shirt only drew attention from old men.

I thought so too at first but after looking through the past results, its correct. There has definately never been an overall American winner until now.

Here goes.

SRT won the GTLM Manufacturer championship.
The 93 SRT won the Team Championship.
Kuno Wittmer won GTLM Driver championship.

912 GTLM Porsche won the NAEC Team and Manufacturer Championships, plus driver championships as well.
The 17 Porsche won the GTLM race.

So SRT won GTLM, and Porsche won NAEC, in respect to the articles.

Thank you 01GTP for Clearing that up for me :). Unless you understand the way this series works its kinda confusing.:crazy:

I actually got it after watching the 24h of Daytona on youtube.
After Sebring, i knew my favourites, and that's how this became my favourite CHampionship.
I find the GTE class of WEC is a bit boring because it only features the Audi R8, the Porsche 911RSR and the V8 AMR.

After Sebring, i knew my favourites, and that's how this became my favourite CHampionship.
I find the GTE class of WEC is a bit boring because it only features the Audi R8, the Porsche 911RSR and the V8 AMR.

You sure you aren't mistaking that with the GTC class in the ELMS? I don't recall there being an Audi R8 in GTE, only in classes allowing GT3 spec cars.

You sure you aren't mistaking that with the GTC class in the ELMS? I don't recall there being an Audi R8 in GTE, only in classes allowing GT3 spec cars.

WEC GTE has Aston, Porsche, Ferrari...
GTLM of TUSC (aka GTE) only has Porsche, Ferrari, Viper, Corvette... No Audis...

Either the Vipers will all be privateer cars from this point on or there will be no Vipers. But still- they win the championship and then scrap the team. What was the point in that?

They want to focus more on Dodge.

That doesn't really make any sense, but that was the same excuse they pulled when they backed out of NASCAR 2 years ago.

They want to focus more on Dodge.

That doesn't really make any sense, but that was the same excuse they pulled when they backed out of NASCAR 2 years ago.

Not to get into it, but I recall the reason they left nascar was because no major teams wanted to use their engine/bodies. Penske wanted more and 2 cars wasn't enough.

This makes me think that GM would leave Corvette Racing at the TUSCC since its main competition from last year won't be coming back. I'd like to see a WEC Corvette entry full time (as long as it is actually competitive), but it would make sense to either leave the cars Stateside or have Pratt&Miller expand Corvette Racing's operations.

Corvette Racing never left even when GT1 had basically no competitors so I doubt they would, especially since they still have the likes of Porsche and Ferrari to contend with.

Their announcement on Facebook:

"Chrysler Group LLC announced today that it is discontinuing the factory-backed SRT Motorsports racing program in IMSA with the conclusion of the 2014 season. This is solely based on an internal business decision to redirect focus to the Dodge brand’s high-performance vehicle lineup. The discontinuation affects the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Dodge Viper SRT GTS-R GTLM-class teams."

What the hell was i thinking lol!
I meant Ferrari 458.

The R8 is running in TUSCC (GTD class)

Their announcement on Facebook:

"Chrysler Group LLC announced today that it is discontinuing the factory-backed SRT Motorsports racing program in IMSA with the conclusion of the 2014 season. This is solely based on an internal business decision to redirect focus to the Dodge brand’s high-performance vehicle lineup. The discontinuation affects the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Dodge Viper SRT GTS-R GTLM-class teams."
"We don't want to go racing anymore because we want more 700+hp road cars instead."

:rolleyes:

Something about it just seems silly. Drop support completely for their high-performance sports car that just won them a championship to focus on.... high-performance cars...

Seriously? What the hell? They win a championship and then just quit like that?
That's what happens when you don't sell any street cars. Just more proof that auto companies use racing as marketing rather than developing car technology

Latest Posts

Back