2014 United Sports Car Championship

• Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
Petit Le Lake (got this one from Twitter). That's the paddock now

BzB4RSFIcAIdv7R.jpg:large

The commentators were totally oblivious to what was happening live on the screen there. They didn't even realise the #9 Corvette had hit the #07 Lola until about a minute after everybody else had seen it.

Abit behind I know but I'm watching the race from COTA (because I refused to watch the castrated coverage on Fox) and I'd like to respond to some posts regarding the first lap incident:

Yacoman = Sato/Kobiyashi/Maldanado/Hamlin of TUSCC ........

I don't know, looks like Ricky cut in front of him at the last minute.. The Taylors know they have a championship on the line and they know Yacaman is aggressive, so why would they go toe to toe with him in the first corner?

lol, I don't want to race with you.....

Not even gonna get into a debate about 'if' Yacoman was wrong, if u don't see that then.....yikes!!!

After looking at it myself, It was Rojas that instigated that. Hadn't he sqeezed Yacaman from the inside, Yacaman wouldn't have darted to the right and clobbered Ricky. Was a chain reaction cause by Rojas. Not quite sure gurizzi was even looking at the same race since you could clearly see from the onboard Yacaman was occupied with Rojas.

Edit: Just saw the second incident involving the 90 car and what a jackass move. Just straight up turns Yacaman, no excuse there. I realize those two have had history together, but to do that without provocation is just unacceptable.

Last edited:
I made it. We're all setup in the main spectator lot between turns 5 and 6, against the fence.
image.jpg

So the Delta Wing is P5 for the start. IMO it just looks weird.
Good luck to them and the Mazdas on at least a good finish.

Best of luck to Bomarito and Valiante towards the points battles.

Weather looks good so have a great time to all you in Georgia.

Oh, and say hello to the girls.

momo more 1200.jpg

been watching, forgot to post the link lol, does anyone know if the IMSA feed will be up when they move to Fox Sports 2? I don't get FS2 yet... Comcast said we would get it by October and still no FS2, if the IMSA feed goes down when they move to FS2 anyone willing to post an online stream for me? Thanks! By the way, GO Corvette Racing and Ganassi! even though Ganassi is out of the title hunt...

been watching, forgot to post the link lol, does anyone know if the IMSA feed will be up when they move to Fox Sports 2? I don't get FS2 yet... Comcast said we would get it by October and still no FS2, if the IMSA feed goes down when they move to FS2 anyone willing to post an online stream for me? Thanks! By the way, GO Corvette Racing and Ganassi! even though Ganassi is out of the title hunt...
On Fox Sports 2 at 3PM 👍 (Link) http://www.imsa.com/races/lone-star...jDTTP3UtR1wl7VP7ok9n68y0tWSVEulR-caAvuI8P8HAQ

Pumpelly spinning.... and getting back going..

Might have been related to the door problem. I tuned in just in time to see them swap out the driver's side door, and Pumpelly telling the correspondent that he'd been holding the door closed.

And now a three-car crash on pit lane. (smh) Vette, Porsche, and Ferrari.

Oy. In-car shows that the Vette and the #911 drivers were both looking at their mirrors and their belts and missed that pit-out was closed and the Ferrari was stopped waiting.

Looked like a chain reaction. Major damage to some of the cars in points.

:eek: Pitlane, The on-baords show it all... from the Porsche and Corvette, look away for half a second and you have a big mess.

edit: commentator summed it up - that's what happens when you text and drive!

Looks like the driver in the Ferrari was the only one that saw the flag, but the other guys looked off for a second before hitting the car in front.

Back