2015 GTP Endurance Series: General Discussion

Discussion in 'GTP Sportscar Series Archive' started by AJ, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcolm Tucker

Malcolm Tucker

:ouch: The joke went right over my head :dunce::lol:

2. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail

Just a note of thanks to AJ for persevering and creating what is now an official GTP series. It took alot of time and energy and I for one have enjoyed being part of events this year that were the proving ground for next year's full series.

On another related subject I am the manager of the Disabled American Racing Team [DART] . We are seeking qualified drivers who are:
    100 % legally disabled ( Civilian)....
    Or
    50% or > Military Disability
    Or
    55 years of age or older (if we take Senior Drivers the Team Name will be DISABLED ANTIQUE RACING TEAM.

Preferably drivers will have a Bronze Classificaton or be a member in good standing of an existing sanctioning body such as SNAIL, WRS, FGTA,ETC.

I have applied for a Franchise in GT Cup, and/or TCN-1

If qualifed please PM me. Would prefer either SNAIL or WRS competitors.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    RuddRacer, PASM, TNR_Oreca and 3 others like this.
  3. Gian

Gian

I'm up if someone needs a driver.
    Regards,

Gian

Harsk100 likes this.
  4. AJ

AJ Premium

Just to clarify this for any non Americans who probably won't be familiar with this term and may find it insencitive or offensive;

It refers to those who are eligible to receive a monthly payment from the US government equal to 50% or 100% of their salary, due to the severity of their disability.

5. swiftsmith

swiftsmith

Swift Autosport is currently looking for drivers to run for us this season. If intrested please PM with questions.

6. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail

That is correct. For example I am 100% disabled as a result of combat injuries in Southeast Asia. Those with injuries that result in their being unable to or only partially earn a living are usually rated by a percentage of their original pay at time of separation (its actually insanely and needlessly complicated).

The point of the team is to demonstrate to the others racing and those watching that just because we are disabled it does not mean that we can't drive. A good example of this would be Alex Zanardi....as a mater of a fact he is the Poster Child for disabled racers around the world. He is really Gutsy.:bowdown:

Also I have amended the 55 year old category to be 55 years old AND a military veteran (of any nation). This is more in line with the original intent.

7. HP

HP Premium

You're an inspiration @Nail-27, I think I speak for most of us when I say that it will be a pleasure to take to the track with you :)

8. viperlemondemon

viperlemondemon

I am interested in a steward position and/or safety car driver

9. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail

I don't think I'm allowed to "Like" your words..maybe if there was an "appreciate" button ...that would work...consider it pushed. Thanks for the support...hope to see all of you on the grid next year.

10. Turbo_snail

Turbo_snail

What have you done to me GTP, I try and stay of the PlayStation and this happens! :lol: anyway, all I'm looking for in terms of drives is a possible spot at Bathurst in a GT3 car. I will have to fire up the PS3 to see if I'm still worthy of driving :lol: but I should be able to say if I'm good to go by the mid point of January at the latest. :tup:

11. attnirvana

attnirvana

My team and I are interested to take part in the Endurance Series. But before to apply for a franchise, We want to solve a dude: Where can we find Franchise Application Form mentioned in Sporting Regulations 2.1.b ?
    Thank you

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  12. TeamEdge702

TeamEdge702

Its very cool to see how
    Popular this has gotten, competition is gunna be awsome, cant wait.

swiftsmith likes this.
  13. AJ

AJ Premium

Send me a PM entitled GTP ES Franchise Application.

attnirvana likes this.
  14. Harsk100

Harsk100

AJ, why don't you extend the deadline? Is because I'm planning to field 2-3 cars from each class for my team.

15. Fallen_log

Fallen_log

With only a field of twelve and how popular this is, you would be lucky to get 1 car on track in a race, let alone each class.

16. dgriffin28

dgriffin28

You will be lucky to field one car. We are wanting to do the same thing but AJ says we probably won't get more than one franchise.

17. HP

HP Premium

Absolutely. GHH has put up the hand for multiple franchises but it looks highly unlikely but that's ok. The more popular this is the better for the competition!

I will say this though: those seeking to franchise must understand, as AJ has stated, that you must race every race involving your class. Last minute withdraws or simply not showing up will, I suspect, see the franchise being allocated to another team.

Big commitment here but with good management, a good driver roster and excellent sportsmanship teams will thrive in this season and many more :tup:

Edit: @AJ, this thread has little general discussion content with most being recruitment/sign up related. Is it worth making this one solely a recruitment thread and opening up another for general discussion?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    skyline1683, PASM, SK8RBOI and 6 others like this.
  18. str98

str98

if any teams are still recruiting message me on psn (str98) or on this. very eiger to drive in the series looking to drive in the GT3 class

19. PASM

PASM Moderator

I have a question regarding taking part in the GTPlanet Endurance Series. Will it be possible to enter a Team for one single race? For example, a team that is dedicated to run as a local team, but only can commit to one event?

Also, there are two articles 2.1.b, the above one should be 2.1.a I believe ;)

20. TNR_KING_FILO

TNR_KING_FILO

Hello everyone, our second team "Burning Desire" is looking for up to 2 enthusiastic and dedicated drivers to compete with us full time. Our class choice is as follows:
    - GTCup
    - TCN-1
    - LMP2

If the situations turns out this is very successful we will be holding driver biased events throughout the holidays where we will test your driver skills, adaptability and how you handle endurance related situations. Only the most improved and most race ready candidates will make it through.

Please either comment here or send me a private massage, thank you and I hope to be racing with you in the future.

All our race preparation will be hosted through the "Top Notch Racing Team" Club found through by searching the Club ID: 100 1116 via the Community feature.

21. Harsk100

Harsk100

Sorry TNR, but I have registered on my own team. Thanks for invite anyway :)

TNR_KING_FILO likes this.
  22. andrew1990

andrew1990

I'm interested :)

TNR_KING_FILO likes this.
  23. rcb929

rcb929

Tbh, with 50+ teams registered already, I don't think you'll be able to have a second team

24. TNR_KING_FILO

TNR_KING_FILO

Hence qualifying is important then :)

25. rcb929

rcb929

I don't think there will be teams being cut from qualifying. I think they will randomly select teams to race for each weekend. AJ, you'll have to correct me on that.

26. HP

HP Premium

The way I read it is that if there are 12 (edit, this number is wrong lol, it's 6 if 2 classes in the race or 4 if there's 3) franchises per class then that's it, no more as a franchise must race every race so if there's 12 there's no room for any more.

Entry can be up to the discretion of Race promoters I believe so those established teams (from races this year that AJ has run) might be in a good position IF they conducted themselves appropriately. AJ would need to confirm that.

rcb929 likes this.
  27. rcb929

rcb929

Hmm..... Seems legit :lol:

28. HP

HP Premium

Lol, I math bad. Fixed it :lol:

rcb929 likes this.
  29. TNR_KING_FILO

TNR_KING_FILO

Well technically It's nothing to do with the first team, hence running under a different name.

30. Fallen_log

Fallen_log

Are the same people managing it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.