2016 Australian General Discussion

• Thread starter joshmuggo
  • 364 comments
Did u receive the email today? Lucky you! 6 people who are either ineligible, declined the invitation or possibly forgot to check their email
I was speaking to the person who came 15th today, he got told he was not eligible because he is on his Ps

They are taking it serious about the licensing this year

In the US thread, they send out emails that say, "This email is not a guarantee that you will definitely be a finalist"?

Doubt they do that here, but double check your email to be sure.

Well done if your in already now though :)

Counts me out then, dont see why p's matter as there isnt much restrictions

The rules come directly from the UK application. Over their the 'provisional' licence is their L's.

I know last year, I believe a few were on their P's here, and got in ok. Peter Read was one. He just emailed them and explained the whole provisional UK thing to them.

It's worth a try... but if they are going by the rulebook with no recognition of it's origin, then you may be SOL :/

In the US thread, they send out emails that say, "This email is not a guarantee that you will definitely be a finalist"?

Doubt they do that here, but double check your email to be sure.

Well done if your in already now though :)
It didn't say that in mine, and yeah, Peter, Ben and Marcello would have been ineligible despite being good enough to make it to race camp

Not much we can really do about it, rules are rules.
i will wait to see what they say in response to my email about it

It does say fully unrestricted licence in the T&Cs. Even if they are lifting it from the UK rules, all P platers have restrictions of some sort, depending on state (speed, alcohol etc). Good luck next year to the guys on P's now, and good luck this year for those who go.
Sucks that you have to stump up all of the costs though (except for 1 night in a hotel)

Wow - surprised that as many as 6 (possibly more) were in that situation. Still... any of the top 20 were quick so not sure it makes much of a difference.

EDIT: Just read all the stuff about P Platers. Seems a bit bizarre, however it does state it in the rules as well. Thank god I've been off my P's for years. :-P

Last edited:
I assume that the top ranking is Dan Holland using a different PSN and since he went to Silverstone the first time around, I assume he is ineligible.

i was 17th but have got nothing yet
i would say to expect an email before the day is gone

"Last year the same requirement was in place, that all competitors were required to hold a unrestricted license."
This is what i got sent about last year

Last edited:
Looks like i'm, gone... past mental illness (had a psychotic break from depression 4 years ago), which I have recovered from. But, still looks like an auto-disqual :/

Emailed the email contact showing them the part of the MSA rules that says that it's "may" condition, not auto disqual. Doubt that changes anything though.

"
10.1.9. The following medical conditions may prevent the granting of a Competition
Licence:

(g) Any mental or behavioural disorders*, past or present whether or not under treatment with drugs or therapy.
"

Bugger,
metal

/\ expect an email Carbonfibre /\

Last edited:
And yeah, that would explain why it's already down to 16th place (excluding P drivers this year).
Sadly my problem was 1 year underage, i also asked them about the me on my Ps and and said i would got put out for that as well
im sitting 17th and have spent money to get a movie world pass that i probably wont need now
Tell ya what you could give that to me and i'll come to watch i'll have to live at your house for few days :P

Sadly my problem was 1 year underage, i also asked them about the me on my Ps and and said i would got put out for that as well

Tell ya what you could give that to me and i'll come to watch i'll have to live at your house for few days :P
I only live 3 hours away from movie world

The person who emailed out the invitations is adimant that the rules were the same last year and that all competitors musr have an unrestricted licence, however, ive been in contact with peter and he said that he made sure it was clear between the PR guys and himself , was that the ruling was that the "provisional" stance was a term used in England to classify learner drivers. They dont have the victorian "P plate" system .

The person who emailed out the invitations is adimant that the rules were the same last year and that all competitors musr have an unrestricted licence, however, ive been in contact with peter and he said that he made sure it was clear between the PR guys and himself , was that the ruling was that the "provisional" stance was a term used in England to classify learner drivers. They dont have the victorian "P plate" system .
yes but he was short of blowing the car up last year, so i think nissan took a strong stance on it this year

They need to clear up the confusion then, being a red P plater I'm not exactly keen on spending over $200 on heading up to QLD only to be told I can't even qualify.

Looks like i'm, gone... past mental illness (had a psychotic break from depression 4 years ago), which I have recovered from. But, still looks like an auto-disqual :/

Emailed the email contact showing them the part of the MSA rules that says that it's "may" condition, not auto disqual. Doubt that changes anything though.

"
10.1.9. The following medical conditions may prevent the granting of a Competition
Licence:

(g) Any mental or behavioural disorders*, past or present whether or not under treatment with drugs or therapy.
"

Bugger,
metal

/\ expect an email Carbonfibre /\

If/when next time, don't disclose your medical history to them until you win the comp. Legally, they can't access that information without your consent. If Nissan were seen to disqualify the national winner due to mental illness from 4 years ago, it would be a PR disaster for them - it could even violate federal discrimination laws.

If/when next time, don't disclose your medical history to them until you win the comp. Legally, they can't access that information without your consent. If Nissan were seen to disqualify the national winner due to mental illness from 4 years ago, it would be a PR disaster for them - it could even violate federal discrimination laws.

I'd fail the drug test that is done at the start of the racecamp week due to my medications. And I don't want to try to get off my meds like I did last year (i'd assumed their was a drug test at the nationals). I was a mess with withdrawal symptoms, and I was starting to enter the cycle of sleep deprivation that leads back down the road I never want to go down again.

Back