2017 Toyota Vitz/Yaris

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 71 comments
I think it's hilarious that this car has the full Mazda interior and everything. People gonna step into the dealer like "why is this tiny car nicer than all the others?"

The hatch doesn't look that bad, the front is a little weird but the Hatch wears it better then the sedan, same Wheels as My 2 and the same colour trips me out a bit.

If the Interior can be spec'd up to the high end Mazda Versions then it's a big upgrade over a Real Yaris.

I assume this means the existing actually-Toyota Yaris hatchback up here in Canada will disappear and we'll have both body styles from Mazda.

That's good. My mom's about to replace her previous-gen Mazda 2 and I'm glad I can tell her that, technically, its successor will be an option. Even if I'm almost positive she's going to just get a crossover anyway.

That's good. My mom's about to replace her previous-gen Mazda 2 and I'm glad I can tell her that, technically, its successor will be an option. Even if I'm almost positive she's going to just get a crossover anyway.

So a Mazda CX-3?

Toyota could be testing the next-gen Yaris (outside of the US), but it is a very early stage mule and still using the body of the existing Yaris, so I don't think it is worthy of its own thread yet. There is also the chance this will be a send-off model for the current Yaris.
toyota-yaris-spy-photo.jpg

There are many obvious hints that this is a high performance model, including the exposed intercooler, dual exhausts, T H I C C fenders and Gazoo Racing Camo.

https://www.motoring.com.au/toyota-introduces-new-compact-car-platform-120453/
The new platform will allow for different vehicle wheelbase lengths, heights and track widths, which Toyota says will give designers and engineers freedom to create new models of different sizes and body types.

That means we can expect a range of hatches and even compact SUVs from Toyota in the future.

However it’s not clear whether this platform will form the basis of the brand’s mooted compact sports car, first seen in the Toyota S-FR concept.

Back