2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
There's only 6 Toyotas in the field. That's surprising. A few years ago Toyota made up a third of the cars.

There are 5 to 7 on any given weekend. 5 with TRD support and a couple who run the body and probably Triad Racing engines/non TRD. Toyota is going for the quality over quantity approach and think about it like a Christmas tree. The higher up you go, the less opportunities there are. So you better be good at the top level.

Final Four

Kyle Busch

Denny Hamlin

Kevin Harvick

Martin Truex Jr.​

Once again NASCAR gave their "prince" the best car, and for the second consecutive week he wrecked it. Congrats to JGR on having 3 cars in the final. I will be rooting for Truex, seeing he is an actual driver and not a corporate puppet.

Championship picks:
Trucks: Anyone but Crafton, though Austin Hill might end up winning the actual race.
Xfinity: Custer or Reddick. Both will fight each other in cup next year.
Cup: Truex. My eyes may roll out of my head if Hamlin or Busch get it

A text message from a friend that has a friend that works in the JGR shop.

He told me on the phone that they already had Championship 4 decals on the 11 car that's going to Homestead, before they even left to go to Phoenix. They were that sure Denny was going to win.

View attachment 865911

Hope your buddy’s friend understands a non disclosure agreement that all the teams would make their employees sign and agree to lol

Winning a championship without winning one single race the entire season, not even the last one. Can anyone seriously say that Crafton has earned that championship based on his overall season performance compared to the field? :lol:

(and that's from someone that actually likes Crafton)

Leave it to some guy named Matt to win without actually winning.

I seem to recall a couple years ago in the Cup Series that Chase Elliott went winless and almost made it to the Championship 4. People were rooting for him to pull it off so hard. Theoretically he could have and theoretically could have won the championship had he finished ahead of the other 3 theoretically not even needing the win. We’ve known this could happen for 5 years guys. Just depends on who wins it all.

I seem to recall a couple years ago in the Cup Series that Chase Elliott went winless and almost made it to the Championship 4. People were rooting for him to pull it off so hard. Theoretically he could have and theoretically could have won the championship had he finished ahead of the other 3 theoretically not even needing the win. We’ve known this could happen for 5 years guys. Just depends on who wins it all.
Ryan Newman would have won the title a few years ago had one last caution not come out with just a few laps to go at homestead. It would have been the first race win of the year for the 31 car.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game. This “championship” format always has and always will be utter garbage.

Hey, at least in the lower series someone not in the championship 4 is allowed to race at the front and win, though. In Cup they’re always told to pull over and the make it more dramatic with the contenders at the front.

The sad thing is NASCAR will probably think this is a good thing since they seem to love the "anything can happen!" style of entertainment. :yuck:

I was very pleased with the Xfinity finale yesterday. The right man won, and the top 3 guys represent a new generation of talent moving on to Cup. Meanwhile, in Cup, the top 4 players are all in their late 30's or over. There is a clear sense of the passing majesty of the seasons.

Martins team may have just lost this championship. There’s still time but...

(Edit: Caution is out. Gonna get his lap back.)

I just don’t see how you can swap the front tires and not know it until after the stop. Someone’s job is at risk after tonight’s race if they don’t win this.

I often wonder how frustrated Truex must be at how the first decade of his career went, when his teams were just missing that last 10% to be at the front every week, since it seems so easy for him now he’s achieved that chemistry.

Especially compared to the other 3 guys he’s racing, who all have been able to race at the elite level right from the beginning of their careers.

Wow, amazing show of integrity by NASCAR by not throwing the caution in the last 50 laps. I just imagined O’Donnell and the boys at race control staring at that big yellow button and licking their chops.

I didn’t think he’d do it, but Kyle is who I wanted to win it. He deserved it last year with his amazing stats. I’m actually surprised, I thought for sure it’d be Truex vs Hamlin tonight.

Denny isn’t going to be happy about Tapegate. Not one bit.

Back