2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
For those watching the truck race who didn’t get to see the finish because the broadcast 🤬 itself and then switched to college football, here’s the finish.

Last edited:
Someone other than Chase winning this race will be the biggest upset of the season.

Truex,Harvick,Chase,Hamlin are my picks for the final 4

EDIT: oh well, an axle failure was unexpected for all parties. Still think he had the race won if he didn’t have any mechanical issues. And still think he’ll go to Miami.

Last edited:
Unfortunately with Princess Chase going to the garage, we will be treated to scripted racing the next two weeks at Texas and Phoenix

Almirola is getting a little too big for his britches if you want my opinion. He’s a likeable guy fwiw but he isn’t that good.

People are really still buying into "NASCAR is scripted!!!1!!!" conspiracy theories? :odd:

If NASCAR was scripted, Dale Jr. would be the 7X champ instead of Vanilla Jimmie.

There’s a big difference between being scripted (which it isn’t) and making calls every once in a while to influence the results to their liking (which every sports organization is guilty of). Last week was just the latest example. Dale Jr benefitted from a few as well (the infamous yellow line ruling at Talladega comes to mind) but it’s usually more about creating excitement and drama than favouritism, and having Chase in the playoffs keeps fans excited.

Also having the points reset every few races is pretty much “scripted”

Almirola is getting a little too big for his britches if you want my opinion. He’s a likeable guy fwiw but he isn’t that good.

To be fair he has every right to be mad there, he was pretty blatantly taken out, even if he started it.

The races at Martinsville especially this year show NASCAR really need to think about having a smaller spoiler at the tracks a mile or less.

Last edited:
Also having the points reset every few races is pretty much “scripted”

f3bb835056f00974465b2fe130605f0e148fbab215c045baee1b7b00d21c7f5e.jpg

Damn. So close. :(

edit: AND THERES A FIGHT! Looks like Logano and Hamlin!

Hopefully that crew guy who took down Hamlin from behind is suspended for a while.

Can’t help but laugh at Joey’s hypocrisy in his interview. Someone who is famous for being unapologetic about moves he makes is mad at someone for being unapologetic.

Matt Tift will sit out the rest of the season. John Hunter Nemechek will be the fill in driver.

Chevrolet to switch from the Camaro ZL1 to the Camaro ZL1 1LE in 2020.
72BFB300-38EA-4541-91F2-70937B9CBD86.jpeg

Hopefully the front bumper isn’t shaped like a snow plow.

I think that’s the main difference, it’s just a slight aero change with the hood and removal of the point of the front end, that’s the only reason they came out with a new body that is guaranteed to only be used for one year

There's only 6 Toyotas in the field. That's surprising. A few years ago Toyota made up a third of the cars.

Back