2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
Hendrick Chevies light years faster than everyone else. If only NASCAR put plates on the cars most every race and took a couple hundred hp away from the other manufacturers. Oh wait.....

The plate racing product is pretty bad. No inside line and whoever is the leader can just weave around and block passes. It’s been that way for several years now. I don’t figure the new package is going to be much different.

Yeah, plate racing has been pretty bad in Cup pretty much since the tandem drafting year(s), but the last few years of single file blockfests have been particularly awful.

I think Jimmie has caused at least one big wreck on a plate track almost every year he’s been racing

The current 75 lap format would be exciting if the racing was like this:

And not the single file of doom the current rules breed. Either the new package will make the racing similar to the 2001 season, or they'll all be in one giant blob not able to pass each other, causing even more giant wrecks.

We are leaving early Thursday for Daytona. Got the same seats as last year, across from pit entrance.

If yesterday was an indication of how the big race will go, that'll be a shame. At least the weather is looking pretty good, and I really hope I get to sit next to the leggy blonde girl again this year so we can have another beer drinking contest.

Feeling pretty numb at the moment. If any of you have been watching classic NASCAR on Youtube, you probably know who Dave W is, and at the moment all of his full NASCAR races, specifically, have gone private. :guilty:

There's been outright terminations of racing channels going on before this, but usually either because of some other series, or because they were co-uploading new NASCAR races, which the sanctioning body hasn't been fond of lately, with it having its own channel and whatnot. But this seems particularly nasty, since he's got just about more content than anyone else out there, and has, to my knowledge, stuck to the classic races only. I don't really understand what NASCAR thinks they're achieving with this, considering they sure haven't put up any classics themselves...

Feeling pretty numb at the moment. If any of you have been watching classic NASCAR on Youtube, you probably know who Dave W is, and at the moment all of his full NASCAR races, specifically, have gone private. :guilty:
That sucks. His channel was my go-to for old races. :grumpy:

SMIFF TV and TheRacingJungle are 2 more excellent channels for old NASCAR races, albeit they tend to focus a bit more towards the late 80's-mid 90's plate races than anything.

Do keep in mind that it might be YouTube's doing and not NASCAR. NASCAR probably doesn't care too much about old races being available (they could have easily stomped it out long ago if they wanted), but these days YouTube will see it as copyrighted content and go BLEUUURGH KILL IT.

But why now, all of a sudden? It seems all too convenient that this is taking place right as the new season starts.

Also, Youtube's MO typically has been banning the offending channels on top of it all, but so far the channels have only lost the full NASCAR races (which are private, not deleted) while everything else has been untouched.

Probably the only thing I'll post here, but 🤬 ESPN
from Jayski's Pole Position
THANK YOU!! Readers and Fans of Jayski.com, after 22+ years of NASCAR News (born on August 26, 1996) Jay(founder Jayski), Scott & Amanda have been released by ESPN. As far as we know the site will cease to exist. No word on our futures or of Jayski.com. Take care and go NASCAR!!!
Even if they did ruin it when they folded it into the corporate site, this sucks all the chunks. I know there are other news sources, but still.

There's been outright terminations of racing channels going on before this, but usually either because of some other series, or because they were co-uploading new NASCAR races, which the sanctioning body hasn't been fond of lately, with it having its own channel and whatnot. But this seems particularly nasty, since he's got just about more content than anyone else out there, and has, to my knowledge, stuck to the classic races only. I don't really understand what NASCAR thinks they're achieving with this, considering they sure haven't put up any classics themselves...
They are working on an OTT service that would include just about everything in the vault

If Hendrick has a significant power advantage (based on Daytona qualifying) I expect them to dominate the 1.5+ mile ovals with the new rules package. With handling mattering so much less it will be all about horsepower

They are working on an OTT service that would include just about everything in the vault
And can they be trusted to provide the same quality as non-official uploaders? There were some K&N races from before K&N became a title sponsor among the hidden videos, do they even have any of those? Save from the biggest races at tracks like Sonoma and New Hampshire? They've already had to rely on a private user's VHS to get their hands on some old footage to be used in a highlight reel, so it's hard to have anything but negative faith towards their ability right now.

Plus, who's going to bet that the service would be paid, geoblocked and only released about 2 years from now as an additional 🤬 you to the fans?

According to someone whose channel was affected, NASCAR wasn't responsible for the races being taken down

I saw that same thing. Basically a miserable, selfish, self-righteous old man trying to play judge, jury and executioner because the free uploads were affecting his ability to trade full races with a circle of like-minded individuals.

And can they be trusted to provide the same quality as non-official uploaders? There were some K&N races from before K&N became a title sponsor among the hidden videos, do they even have any of those? Save from the biggest races at tracks like Sonoma and New Hampshire? They've already had to rely on a private user's VHS to get their hands on some old footage to be used in a highlight reel, so it's hard to have anything but negative faith towards their ability right now.

Plus, who's going to bet that the service would be paid, geoblocked and only released about 2 years from now as an additional 🤬 you to the fans?
I honestly don’t know and that’s some valid points, but have heard they do have a lot in the vault. Plus, this experience tells you that most of the people who are uploading these full races to Youtube are only doing it for historical reference. I’m sure most of them would donate their collection if it comes down to having something NASCAR doesn’t have in the vault

And the fact that we now know it was some guy tells you all you need to know about how far along said service is along.

Don’t worry about the guy too much, because he’s either about to be charged with perjury or, if he’s lucky and law enforcement in his area just isn’t tech savvy, NASCAR’s lawyers are going to be on him like crazy

Don’t worry about the guy too much, because he’s either about to be charged with perjury or, if he’s lucky and law enforcement in his area just isn’t tech savvy, NASCAR’s lawyers are going to be on him like crazy
I guess I wouldn't if the races were starting to come back already, which they ain't. Another reason to resent the broken YT system.

I saw that same thing. Basically a miserable, selfish, self-righteous old man trying to play judge, jury and executioner because the free uploads were affecting his ability to trade full races with a circle of like-minded individuals.
Someone was abusing YouTube's broken and ineffective content flagging system? I am shocked by this! Absolutely shocked, I tell you!

Anyway, before I die from a sarcasm meltdown... Kyle Busch is most likely staying with JGR beyond 2019.

Latest Posts

Back