2019 Spanish Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 170 comments
Maldonado wasn't clumsy he drove into people out of spite and anger. Spa being a chief example... but then I guess that's ok behaviour for a 4x WDC /shrug
Your right on that, that was bad, but honestly the only time I have ever seen him do anything like that, usually his incidents are from incompetence more then anything else.

Your right on that, that was bad, but honestly the only time I have ever seen him do anything like that, usually his incidents are from incompetence more then anything else.
Him wiping out Lewis at Valencia also seemed intentional, he mounted the kerb in order to take revenge for being forced wide.... but idk that could just be me haha

Him wiping out Lewis at Valencia also seemed intentional, he mounted the kerb in order to take revenge for being forced wide.... but idk that could just be me haha
That was more of a racing incident tbh and fits with the incompetence(he was never going to make that move), the Spa incident was completely different it looked like a moment of rage.

Have only made it through one whole race this season. The new regulations can't come soon enough.

Nothing wrong with what Maldonado did there. You force someone off the track to pass then leave the door open on the following corner- that's asking for it.

Have only made it through one whole race this season. The new regulations can't come soon enough.

Nothing wrong with what Maldonado did there. You force someone off the track to pass then leave the door open on the following corner- that's asking for it.
That's called breaking the rules, he went off track you can not pass off track, regardless of how you got there.

Are we talking about the same incident here? Maldonado was clearly all 4 wheels off track when he hit Hamilton in Valencia.

Are we talking about the same incident here? Maldonado was clearly all 4 wheels off track when he hit Hamilton in Valencia.

This one, where Maldonado was pushed wide (which Lewis was entitled to do) and then decided to mount the kerb and spear Lewis off the track.

Why has this come up again seven years down the line? Maldonado left the track and rejoined it into another car:
Drivers must make every reasonable effort to use the track at all times and may not deliberately leave the track without a justifiable reason.
Drivers will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.
Should a car leave the track the driver may re-join, however, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any lasting advantage. At the absolute discretion of the race director a driver may be given the opportunity to give back the whole of any advantage he gained by leaving the track.
Maldonado was always a dangerously erratic driver, and had absolutely no qualms about using his car as a weapon.

Last edited:
I like it, takes me back to the old days when there was actually something to 🤬 talk about after each race...

Maldonado is a legend in his own right. I remember one race where he got 3 penalties for driving infringements which I believe is a record of some kind.

Maldonado is a legend in his own right. I remember one race where he got 3 penalties for driving infringements which I believe is a record of some kind.

Time for that line analysis again? It surely is.

racing-lines-formula1-dakar-wrc-nascar-maldonado-comparison.jpg

I normally swing by my dad's house to watch F1 with him. His DVR has failed recently...and we have missed a few races. Can't say we've really missed it too much. We enjoyed watching the Netflix F1 special more than any of the races over the past few years. Are their any good YouTube or news channels which do race reviews which are longer than 1 min. 30 sec.? (The official F1 YouTube channel is a bit lazy/pants).

Back