2019 Spanish Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 170 comments
That's all she wrote.

Great drive by Hamilton.

Passable one for Bottas. Was hoping for more after his performance over practice and qualifying.

Fantastic run by Verstappen. Good tactical driving at the start, and just a great run through the race until the end.

Vettel... that lock-up ruined his race... but I can forgive that. He saw an opening and went for it. The rest... Ferrari screwed him and LeClerc over equally in this race.

Gasly. Congratulations. You're driving a car. Time, I think for Red Bull to start looking around.

KMag and Grosjean got cheeky. Team issues aside, KMag has driven an excellent race.

Sainz giving Spain some cheer.

Kyvat didn't get torpedoed today. Thankfully.

Grosjean lucky not to lose tenth.

Nobody else matters.

Tune in next time for ANOTHER Merc 1-2!

And the next week... and the next week.... and the next week...

In a few years time, the story from behind the scenes at Ferrari for this season, I’m sure would make for ‘interesting’ viewing

Gasly. Congratulations. You're driving a car. Time, I think for Red Bull to start looking around.

That's so true! His performance compared to Max leaves a lot to be desired...I expected a whole lot more from him considering how he performed when he was at Toro Rosso

That's so true! His performance compared to Max leaves a lot to be desired...I expected a whole lot more from him considering how he performed when he was at Toro Rosso
I think Red Bull need to change their approach to how they take on drivers. Kyvatt almost had his career ended their, they lost Danny and a shining young star is struggling.... if they swapped him for Albon, who’s to say he’d do any better against team max

Snooze fest... I don’t mind as much that Mercedes is getting 1-2s. I mind that whoever leads out of T1 is pretty much guaranteed the win in today’s formula. Cut the downforce, give smaller brakes, take away power steering and power brakes, make this a drivers championship. Indycar has it figured out. The best driver on a given day can win no matter where they are on lap 1. All you have to do to win in F1 is get up front and then you can just cruise to an easy victory. What a joke

Race was exciting on lap one..... and that's it. All you really need to watch in these races is the opening 20 seconds to pretty much know who will place on the podium.

I do wonder if we’re seeing the cliff of Ferrari’s design concept. Last year we saw them launch this middle ground rake setup car which pulled from both merc and redbull. One generation later and it looks like both redbull and merc have understood and developed their concepts beyond what Ferrari can manage.

Add that to the fact Vettel just isn’t up to driving around the issues and the fact they have a young inexperienced but rapid driver...

It’s a cluster **** of a season but I hope they learn the lessons this time with the new management

JESUS RAHAL AND ROSSI CHILL:

image0.png

That's how you know this track sucks.

No way does this track suck - it's not a street circuit.

It might not be the best of dedicated circuits, but the work suck can really only be appropriately used in conjunction with circuits consisting of cobbled together random city streets.

Passable one for Bottas. Was hoping for more after his performance over practice and qualifying.

I'm coming to the conclusion that it was a unicorn lap. You know, like the one that sits at the top of your GTS leaderboard that's been there for six months, is at least half a second quicker than anything else you've managed, and you've no bloody idea how you did it.

No way does this track suck - it's not a street circuit.

It might not be the best of dedicated circuits, but the work suck can really only be appropriately used in conjunction with circuits consisting of cobbled together random city streets.
For F1 racing this is worse, I mean Monaco being the exception your getting alot more action at most street circuits compared to Catalunya.

Back