2019 Spanish Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 170 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
If the rumours are true, this could be the last race at Barcelona in F1 in the near future. So let's enjoy this Spanish Grand Prix and see if Mercedes can extend their incredible run of 1-2s, or if anyone can compete with them.

Ok ok it's not that exciting for us spectators but thumbs up for the complete Mercedes team. They nailed it again.
Max between the two Ferrari's 👍

Man Bottas, you scary.

That being said, Hamilton always shows up in second half, so I still pick him to win title.

Disappointed in Mclaren, but then again their race sim pace has been upper midfield so they can make it up hopefully in race.

Renault is Jekyll and Hyde at the moment.

As for Ferrari...I guess they can get F1 2019 when it releases.

Verstappen is becoming quite the petulant Vettel-in-waiting.

Stroll probably held him up a little bit in Q1 - Q1 - when Verstappen caught him at the final chicane, although it looks like Stroll tried to stay as far out of the way as possible.

After finishing his lap, his engineer told him over the radio "Okay, low out for Stroll now starting a timed lap."

His response was "Naaah **** him, he also ****ed my lap so he can wait as well, dick."...

Bottasberg strikes again. Lewis screwed up the first lap. I don't remember the second, but it must've been scruffy as well.

Tomorrow's race for 1st will come down to the start.

Hope it is the last one, never liked Spain, boring track and usually a boring race. They should just test there, I reckon even the drivers are bored of it too.

Bottasberg strikes again. Lewis screwed up the first lap. I don't remember the second, but it must've been scruffy as well.

Tomorrow's race for 1st will come down to the start.

It looked like Lewis' Merc possibly didn't have an optimum setup - it didn't seem stable and was quite skittish with the back end stepping out quite a number of times. I'm guessing that's the reason he couldn't match Bottas.

Hope it is the last one, never liked Spain, boring track and usually a boring race. They should just test there, I reckon even the drivers are bored of it too.

It's not a bad track, but it does have a couple of issues for modern day F1. The first is that final chicane that was added. It really breaks the flow of the track and kind of neuters the final turn. Previously getting that final turn right was the key to good lap time as you'd carry all that speed down the straight, now there's no challenge in the final turn at all, just boot it all the way through even if you don't get a good entry.

The second is that the second DRS zone isn't really long enough to be a DRS zone, but when you look at the track there really is nowhere else you can put another DRS zone. Hence this track only has one and a half DRS zones as opposed to the now fashionable three.

Before the chicane overtaking was just as bad, the Drs zone was more conservative then though.

The track is designed for Bikes though that's the issue, full of long sweeping turns good for bikes with very low downforce not for F1 cars with super high Downforce they can't follow closely.

As a "warming up" for this afternoon F1 race the second F2 race just started.

F2 Barcelona Matsu****a.jpg

Matsu****a left the car safely. This was an old fashioned blown engine

edit: the four **** in his name is done by the AI and not by me ;)

Last edited:
At this point the only thing making this season remotely interesting is Bottas walking all over Hamilton.

I'm getting 2016 flashbacks, which means today's winner will probably be Leclerc.

Poor Seb.

Almost got second there. Now he's behind Max with a flat spot.

Unless some unfortunate things happen, this is going to be yet another 1-2 for the Merc. Ferrari doesn't seem to have the pace to do anything here and yet again Leclerc is showing more pace than Vettel

Unless some unfortunate things happen, this is going to be yet another 1-2 for the Merc. Ferrari doesn't seem to have the pace to do anything here and yet again Leclerc is showing more pace than Vettel

Vettel has a flat-spotted front left.

Ferrari NEEDS to swap them now. They're going to lose Verstappen.

Back