2019 Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 664 comments
Jimmy Vernon has officially parted ways with GRM.

Oh nice. Wasn't sure if we'd ever see any SEAT's in the series as they aren't sold down here. Still hoping that Peugeot Aus jumps on board at some point.
It's still more likely for Vernon to get a seat in this series than a few others at the moment.

I 100% agree about Peugeot. There are many new and classic ones on the roads here(a really cool white 80s 205GTi, running around Newcastle). Plus, it's quick in TCR Europe. Would be great for the brand to get in before the season finale.

And it would make great advertising for their dealership changes. Perfect timing imo.
https://www.caradvice.com.au/774081...itroen-unveil-joint-dealerships-in-australia/
Heck yeah! I worked for Inchcape at Subaru @ Docklands. They are no joke. This is real good for Citroen.

As you said, get a team to run both brands in TCR Australia. It'd have to be someone like BJR. The Kelly's already spent their money. WAU is a possibility, but seems like they've got their hands full. T8 could jump in this. Wasn't the Citroen WRC sponsored by Red Bull? ;)

BTCC Thruxton update. Sam Tordoff survives early pressure in Race 1 to win from pole position, with Dan Cammish and Adam Morgan (Ciceley Mercedes) rounding out the podium. No such joy for second-place starter Jason Plato, however; a drive-through penalty for a starting grid infringement sees him drop down the order and eventually finish 17th.

In Race 2, Josh Cook (BTC Honda) pulls off a bold move around the outside of Tordoff and Morgan to take the lead and eventual victory. Morgan's Mercedes follows him home in second, while Matt Neal (Team Dynamics Honda) snatches third from Tom Oliphant's BMW with a last-gasp pass at Club chicane. Sixth-placed Rob Collard (Vauxhall) secures the reverse-grid pole for Race 3.

Despite a strong start from Collard, and a late downpour, Cammish prevails in Race 3, picking up his first win of the season. His performance propels him up to third overall in the Drivers championship, just 34 points shy of Turkington and 4 shy of Jordan. Collard and Neal round out the podium.

Last edited:
As you said, get a team to run both brands in TCR Australia. It'd have to be someone like BJR. The Kelly's already spent their money. WAU is a possibility, but seems like they've got their hands full. T8 could jump in this. Wasn't the Citroen WRC sponsored by Red Bull? ;)

Seem to remember an article a while ago where Ryan claimed that WAU aren't interested in TCR. Which is a shame. Does Citroen have a TCR spec car? I know they were competing in WTCC up until a couple years ago.

Yeah, could only find their WTCC cars. Hopefully, they're one of the new brands Marcelo Lotti is talking about.

I doubt Citroen would bother when Peugeot have the 308 TCR.

I doubt Citroen would bother when Peugeot have the 308 TCR.
True, but maybe they'd grant TCR Australia to run it. I mean, the VAG group have the SEAT/AUDI/VW. Plus, I'm not sure about the Astra in that Peugeot-GM merger. Does the Astra share anything with the Peugeot? Could help with more awareness of the brand.

Practice is live. Look like Will Brown has his car working eell. LEanne TAnder is a surprise up in 4th. Lots of cars going off. O'Keefe into the sand. has stopped the session.

In-car cam looks cool with Will Brown flicking the car around the turns.

That was an awesome session. Close times, but the Pole time was crazy.

Last edited:
That was an awesome session. Close times, but the Pole time was crazy.

Hopefully Andre Heimgartner hasn't used all of his luck in qualifying. :lol: Great to see the WRX up there. Strong quali from John Martin as well.

Aww, man. Just comes down to development time.

Edit: Brown caught up quick.

Edit2: If Bright loses, we know why...:dunce::nervous:

Last edited:
Disappointing way the race ended for Martin. Doubt he would have been able to keep Brown behind him but was looking like he'd at least finish 2nd.

That and Heimgartner going sideways. Was hoping once his tyres warmed up, we'd get to see the performance of the car.

I like how O'Keefe's engineer was saying how Will just goes for it and Dylan has to kind of be told to push. Almost as if he'd like to train Will to manage his races better, as Will already has the outright speed.

For me, it was one of the more interesting races.

Well said by Ingall.👍 Also, Liam in the other Audi. For him to be on it over the weekend, would be good if he can get a seat for next year. Makes it promising for kids jumping out of 86s, to go straight into TCR.

Back