2019 Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 664 comments

No factory support is disappointing, but it looks good.

I think I'm the only one that despises the look of the Alfa :yuck: Maybe it will look better with a complete livery but I won't hold my breath.

Rullo put it on Pole and they go: "Oh, yes! We fully support Kelly Racing and all other Holden Astra teams."

Rullo finishes last: "As we said, we'll keep an eye on TCR Australia, We 100% support the Supercars Championship."

For me, it's just about the Alfa name. One of my favorites is the 156 WTCC. Also, of course, the 155 in ITC and DTM.
The TCR car's looks depend on the livery:
upload_2019-5-15_13-24-4.jpeg

upload_2019-5-15_13-24-23.jpeg

upload_2019-5-15_13-24-42.jpeg

upload_2019-5-15_13-26-1.jpeg

Just doesn't feel like much effort
D6koyVCUwAASJYO.jpg

Anyway, glad there is sponsorship. As long as the teams keep getting money and the racing is good, I'm happy.

Livery wise the Astra might just be the best looking car on the gird so far. Looks superb in Castrol colours.

For me, it's just about the Alfa name. One of my favorites is the 156 WTCC. Also, of course, the 155 in ITC and DTM.

My favorite touring cars are the 1992 Alfa 155 GTA (with the 2L turbo I4) in that deep red Martni livery of the Alfa Corse team from the Italian Superturismo and the 1993 Alfa 155 V6 Ti in DTM also from Alfa Corse - could be either from Nannini or Larini, I'm impartial that way. To make the picture complete, I need to add the 155 TS from the 1994 BTCC, obviously Alfa Corse driven by Tarquini. I have vivid memories watching some of those races on Eurosport in English, the nineties were such a great time in touring car racing (at the time I didn't speak any foreign languages and I'm not native in English :) )

I want those cars in a modern game like right now :)

They're doing live streaming this weekend, correct?
I presume so. I haven't been able to find a definitive answer though. All it says is that it will be live streamed. I presume Facebook would be one, the official TCR TV site would be another and maybe Youtube.

Edit: I just found this:

''the live stream will also be available globally via the TCR Australia and Shannons Nationals website.''
https://autoaction.com.au/2019/05/09/experienced-broadcasters-to-host-tcrs-inaugural-season
Motorsport.com have just announced that they are going to stream qualifying and all three races this weekend. So that's another option.
On second thought, I'm fine with that. Get that GT Sport livery ready. ;) My favorite number too.

Is it too late to take back what I said before about the Astra having the best livery on the grid? The Subaru looks fantastic.

Shannons Nationals are going to show the full program for Saturday and Sunday (S5000 demo :drool::D): https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/05/15/shannons-nationals-streaming-to-span-two-full-days/

Is it too late to take back what I said before about the Astra having the best livery on the grid? The Subaru looks fantastic.
Looks great doesn't it, and as an Subaru owner you can guess who I'll be going for (although Honda was a close second, I've lost count of how many Honda motorcycles I've owned) :D

And the grid is full 👍: https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/05/16/cameron-completes-maiden-tcr-australia-grid/

Shannons Nationals are going to show the full program for Saturday and Sunday (S5000 demo :drool::D)

I was a bit worried after the SBS announcement that they wouldn't do the stream on the Shannons Nationals site anymore. Great that they are streaming both days.
Looks great doesn't it, and as an Subaru owner you can guess who I'll be going for (although Honda was a close second, I've lost count of how many Honda motorcycles I've owned) :D

Wall Racing for me. Just because I love the look of the Civic. There isn't a bad looking car on the grid though. 👍

When it comes to looks, I have to agree with @Spacegoat, all TCR cars look great. However, like everyone, I have favorites too:
  • Alfa Guilietta TCR: it's Alfa, nothing more needed
  • Audi RS3 LMS: I drive an A3 Sedan (2.0 turbo quattro), I don't think that more explanation would be needed
  • Hyundai Veloster N TCR: I know it's the same as the i30 but it looks soooo much better
  • VW Golf GTI TCR: I feel ashamed because in general I hate the Golf (along with the Passat). However, the GTI is for whatever reason is exempt from that hatred. Perhaps it helps that I test-drove a Mk V GTI back in the day before I picked up my '06 Focus ST (the one with the inline-5 turbo) and it was definitely a great car

It's a shame the Alfas are pretty much the most unreliable cars on any grid in any TCR championship around the globe...

I had hopes to see Spoon or Mugen enter a CTR in the Asian TCR championship, but it looks like it's not going to happen.

I haven't seen Spoon's presence in racing, since the Rigid Collar S2000, maybe 2-3 years back in S-Tai. Would be nice though.

Edit: I'm mainly happy Saitama Toyopet are in the series. No top professionals allowed(which means no Hattori-San), but should be a good watch.

Last edited:
Back