2021 Hyundai Elantra

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 53 comments
My brother just bought a white 2021 Hyundai Elantra with black trim and black wheels. I gotta say this is the kind of car that looks much better in person than it does in any photos on the internet. It’s really grown on me.

I drive a blue 2020 Elantra on a four-year lease from the dealership after our black 2011 model was rear-ended. I thought that one grew on me a lot but the newest model looks even better IMO.

I also think it’s quite funny that my family has covered three generations of Elantra in under a year.

Last edited:
Performance aside, I can't get over the looks on the new Elantra and therefore will be keeping my 2017.
It's still on the top of my list lol. I'm not sure why but I think it's a fantastic looking car.

It's still on the top of my list lol. I'm not sure why but I think it's a fantastic looking car.
I might change my mind when I see them modified, but the dents on the side are still meh. In my opinion the 2017-2018 were the best.

17wheelchange2.jpg

Last edited:
US version was revealed today, pretty much the same as everywhere else.

I'm sorry, but this is just terrible.

1629423960643.png

If I bought one (and I have no plans to) the first thing I would do is paint the areas under the headlights to match the body like this:

1629424033215.png

I hope they make it look more like the 2018 model because honestly I still think that was a really attractive car and I still want one lol. @R1600Turbo

I hope they make the Elantra N a bit more special looking. The Civic Type R looks like a touring car for the road.
I don’t like what they’ve done with the “aero” kits on the newest N cars. They’re not functional enough. The Veloster N was decent but then the Elantra N was lame and overstyled.

I like the i20N aero kit. Seeing a few drive through my neighbourhood. Someone With a nice black one works around the block from my place. Tough looking lil thing.

I don’t like what they’ve done with the “aero” kits on the newest N cars. They’re not functional enough. The Veloster N was decent but then the Elantra N was lame and overstyled.
It is overdetailed but understyled, IMO. Too much makeup. The Civic has far far less fussier detailing but a significantly more dramatic overall appearance. I have some issues with the basic Civic design, but the Type R with that extra wide but very clean and simple front fascia just works so well. It looks mean and racecar without looking like a transformer.

I wonder if they will facelift the N..I didn't really have an issue with the face of the normal Elantra. It was the face of the N and the back of both of them I thought looked bad.

They will.

FC94A70B-8D63-4B7E-BAD2-FDEA5E183F57.jpeg.webp
Not loving those wheels...but at least that's a simple fix. I really wish this "diamond cut" or whatever wheel trend would end. Look at the Civic Type R wheels. Just do something like that.

Last edited:
I wonder if they will facelift the N..I didn't really have an issue with the face of the normal Elantra. It was the face of the N and the back of both of them I thought looked bad.
Welp, I was going to say that the facelift is better than it used to be. I like that it's lower and more horizontal. But...

1920px-Volkswagen_Jetta_VII_R-Line_IMG_4193.jpg

2023_Ford_Explorer_Review1.jpg

...this is NEVER a good method of integrating the grille and headlights.

Yeah and they kind of goofed up how the hood, bumper, fender, and headlights all join. The previous version had the headlight forming part of the shut line of the hood and there was a pretty nice continuation of the leading edge of the hood through the headlight and into the fender panel joint...it was neat and it looked like somebody spent some time really thinking about how all that stuff would go together. Now the corner of the hood just lands in this awkward and arbitrary spot that isn't visually connected to anything else. This is my biggest gripe with modern car design...it's all about the graphic and it almost entirely ignores the construction detailing. If you squint your eyes hard enough to hide all of the panel gaps, the new version has maybe better proportions, but I think only from this angle. This reminds me of Jag devolving the F-Type's front end.

detail.JPG

detail 2.JPG

I don't know, the new face looks a little messy and the front end doesn't work as well with the sides anymore. Maybe the N will be nicer, but I have my doubts.

You're right, the angley creases are gone and it's not as cohesive with the rest of the car. Hmm.

Damn it Hyundai, just bring the 2018 car back! Still the best one of all.

Last edited:
I was thinking the new horizontal design and the weird shut line reminds me of the new Accord

ogi-honda-accord-hybrid-2023-739229.jpg

I agree, the facelift makes the front incohesive with the rest of the design

Back