24h Nurgburgring 17 - 20 May 2013

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 39 comments
Netherlands
The Netherlands
MarcoM1972
I will attend.

Who's joining? Last year I met with Poolhaas and Vince Fiero.

This year the race starts Sunday 17.00 and ends on Monday. I plan to go the full weekend.

7c84c9ec46.jpg

http://www.24h-rennen.de/

Last edited:
Well, you will have a much better understanding of what's going on but in the meantime:

11179_571335092879014_1776016096_n.jpg

3 days of mud, burning rubber, Bratwurst und Bier.

Gadget, are you going to stay over the weekend?

edit going by your flag, you will.

Last edited:
Plan I to fly to Amsterdam and hook up with buddy G3TD_D and then drive to the Ring either Sat afternoon or Sun morning and camp Sunday night (and Sat night if we go then)

How about you?

:cheers:

Plan I to fly to Amsterdam and hook up with buddy G3TD_D and then drive to the Ring either Sat afternoon or Sun morning and camp Sunday night (and Sat night if we go then)

How about you?
Marco and I will be camping aswell, don't know where yet. Maybe somewhere between Brunnchen and Karussell.
That can be arranged when getting some laps during the Touristenfahrten somewhere in March or April :)

Well I have not yet been to Brunnchen or Karussell. Should be good fun though.

The idea is to camp on sat and sun night. :D

There is a Focus RS and ST meeting May 25. I think I'm going although I don't have a Focus.
Driving twice in a week to the Nürburgring is too much.

kikie, I assure you that you will see Ford Focusses RS and ST during the weekend of the 24h.

But it's your choice of course.

Poolhaas and I intend to do the Touristen Fahrten on April 6... just so you know.

Thanks for letting me know. April 6 sounds interesting. I'll let you know, in this thread, what I decide.

I'm actually not interested in the RS'sessess and the ST (Focus) but I'm interested in getting out of my house and actually do something. And the Fordclub is attending that weekend. I'm not really a member of the Fordclub but it is, again, a good excuse to go somewhere.

Like I said, April 6the sounds interesting.

I'm actually not interested in the RS'sessess and the ST (Focus) but I'm interested in getting out of my house and actually do something. And the Fordclub is attending that weekend. I'm not really a member of the Fordclub but it is, again, a good excuse to go somewhere.
I know that feeling. After the 24 h race of last year I've been visiting TF about 5 times. Great way to pass the time :)

When I know I've got a whole saturday without any plans, I check the site to see if it's open, check the weather (don't really know why) and just head over there in the morning. There's always someone to talk to (lots of Dutch people :P) and plenty of fast cars to watch going around the Ring. And of course since this year I'm putting in a few laps myself.

I did 5 laps in 2006 and it took a long time for the brakes of my car to function normally again.

I plan to do just one lap at max 150 km/h. And I do want need my brakes to workd normal all the time.

No need to go any faster.

This happened last year in March on the German autobahn.

bc5ec324-1_zps7119d43c.jpg

de5164e7-1_zps0e702327.jpg

Two holes in the engine block.

I made a thread about it but it got locked before I could post these photos.

:( So he's on a no salt diet now?

Two years ago I suffered from kidney stones, so I am pretty aware of their purpose and the things that can go wrong.

Hope all is stable now.

kikie, I assure you that you will see Ford Focusses RS and ST during the weekend of the 24h.

But it's your choice of course.

Poolhaas and I intend to do the Touristen Fahrten on April 6... just so you know.
Are the both of you still going to be there on April 6?

No, we go on Sunday 7 April. We meet at ten at the parking lot of TouristenFahrten.

On Saturday 6 April, the TF is only open for 2 hours late in the afternoon.

Back