A new game update is coming 20.6.2018

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Lord Protector, Jun 19, 2018.

1. phil_75

phil_75

Feels same old same old to me

2. GTFraker

GTFraker

After two laps I broke my FL record on DT by half a second in the Nissan Gr.2, I felt much more confident from the get go. As I said I hadn't played the game for a few weeks till just now, so not sure if it's a new change or from before.

3. Haitauer

Haitauer

I fear we wont get new tire model anytime soon, as it would possibly render all the work on bop obsolete..

Lord Protector likes this.
  4. matrix_gt1

matrix_gt1 Premium

But what would it say about their training to get where they are and also GTSport as an existing game? It really wouldnt be smart for them to do it that way. GTS the real driving simulator though we changed the tire physics and now all the pro drivers cant drive the cars like they used to.

potvinsuks likes this.
  5. barkohba

barkohba

That's a lot of wishful thinking. Don't get me wrong, I HOPE they would. But I've been hoping a lot of things from PD regarding their lacking features in GTSport, and have seen very little.

From my point of view, the game is mostly great, but it has one GIGANTIC issue - the tire model. And until they fix it, it just feels not on par with an even YEARS old game like AC. And that's unacceptable, considering the budget and team size PD has in comparison with Kunos Simulazioni, which came out with a not so well polished game that lacks the awesome online xperience, but with VASTLY better physics. And in racing SIMULATORS (ahem, ahem), this is the most important.

matrix_gt1 likes this.
  6. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

So are there any notes available regarding the update?

7. barkohba

barkohba

Well, there lies the issue. It is definitely not the "Real Driving Simulator" when the one department where it lacks massively in comparison with other simulators (AC, RaceRoom, iRacing, rFactor) is the tire model.

Now, we do know they have used a different (presumably much more realistic, in line with AC maybe) tire model in the Nurburgring World Tour Championbship - so it is incoming. But as of now, and for the next 3 months considering the championship is targing, we'll be stuck with the same glitchy, crappy tire model.

The Cake, potvinsuks and matrix_gt1 like this.
  8. emula

emula

The Audi R8 steering wheel problem has been fixed

VXR, Marcobzzcs, sirjim73 and 4 others like this.
  9. matrix_gt1

matrix_gt1 Premium

R we expecting to much from this very small mb download?

10. GTFraker

GTFraker

Now I'm 1.6 sec faster than I ever was before this patch, same track, same car. Again, take this with a grain of salt, I'm just reporting what I've observed.

sirjim73 and matrix_gt1 like this.
  11. pjmack

pjmack

Off you go then. Show us how amazing you are.

Pubs16 likes this.
  12. The Cake

The Cake

hahahahahah

13. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

same settings same tyres same bop?

14. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Been down for 4hrs now? I got off early after lunch and my ps4 did the 200mb download, installed the patch and now its past dinner time. Hope I can get 42km in before midnight.

15. barkohba

barkohba

Could you kindly test something short out? Take a Gr3/4 car, put TC to 0, and try a standing start/ grid start. Does it gain traction naturally, or does it behave the same as before? Tire spinning frantically untill it abruptly starts gaining traction? That would be a clear indication on whether the tire model was fixed or not.

16. Quakebass

Quakebass

I don't think there's much to expect content-wise (maybe at most some League events and a La Sarthe circuit experience addition) but I'm getting a bit intrigued by this extra long maintenance period.

I think it's still possible to get a larger content update this month, 1.21 could just be some adjustments to penalty and track limits calculations, BoP, and some extra coding/small assets for the FIA events.

sirjim73 and ProjectF like this.
  17. user3392345

user3392345 (Banned)

OK. give me the money and i will buy PD, then start change things!

18. Freeman_Cruz

Freeman_Cruz

Main Features Implemented
    1. Top Screen
     - A video digest of the "Gran Turismo World Tour" will now play after starting up the game;
     - A slideshow of the "Gran Turismo World Tour" has been added. Pressing the triangle button will take you to the Brand Central's "Channel" section of Gran Turismo.

2. Cars
     - The height of the cockpit view in the Nissan R92CP ’92 has been adjusted;
     - Fixed an issue wherein the graphics for the steering wheel were breaking down while driving the Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic ’07 from the cockpit view.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
    - Various other issues have been addressed.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_4140485.html

19. George Jakob

George Jakob

please stop you wont do nothing since you got here you complain all the time

Marcobzzcs, SmnSyz and ProjectF like this.
  20. barkohba

barkohba

Yup...I will be investing more and more time in Project Cars 2 until AC Competizione comes out, it seems. Or untill PD gives us a functional tire model.

George Jakob likes this.
  21. Haitauer

Haitauer

Tested something similar, and with softer acceleration i was optimistic. But when you floor it at start and jump clutch you will light the tires all the way to sixth gear..

Also tried arcade race with grid start, and it was painfully slippery.

Not sure about regaining traction though - drifting gr3 with tgt is still uncontrollable to me..

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Lord Protector likes this.
  22. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

They did just that with the event they first introduced the new tyre model in. Therefore they have no issue with doing it to us. They will have been running bop tests with that tyre themselves so it shouldn't be a problem.

23. GTFraker

GTFraker

SMH, discard everything, I just checked the tyres, I got mediums on :crazy::crazy::tdown::tdown::lol::lol::lol:

sirjim73, Brzlav and Tou2istTrophy like this.
  24. SRT DK Racing

SRT DK Racing

think its up and running again, at least their webpage is .......

matrix_gt1 likes this.
  25. matrix_gt1

matrix_gt1 Premium

It is

26. Tou2istTrophy

Tou2istTrophy

New tire model = slower lap times, most likely

matrix_gt1 likes this.
  27. matrix_gt1

matrix_gt1 Premium

So this might be old news but my preferences to the cockpit view have been properly saved! I don’t have to keep changing it every time I’m in the game.

potvinsuks likes this.
  28. Brzlav

Brzlav

It saved my preferences in the past, but when in a lobby, I had to change and rechange both values in order for them to be in effect. Has this been fixed?

potvinsuks and matrix_gt1 like this.
  29. GTFraker

GTFraker

Same **** pretty much, sorry if I got your hopes up.

30. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

Nothing major regarding physics? Seriously?

Jomas likes this.