A new game update is coming 7/8/2018

Whats wrong with it??? I didnt think it was undrivable before the update, it just sounded weird on downshifts. The car flies, I cannot believe how fast it is. After driving the Merc if you to a Gr4 car it feels like something is wrong with it.

I was quite surprised why (only) this car is not simulated very well on GTS while the games is a perfect simulation. I don't believe the real car's behaviour is like on the game; before or after update.

I don’t think the car handles very well at all..... seems very unstable , even the AI struggles with it. I imagined it would handle close to the f1 2017 model but no, it’s far too loose, and the DRS can just frack off

The W08 requires very light throttle application thru slow speed corners to stabilize and plant the rearend ot the car. Even Gr3&4 cars tend to like that.

Last edited:
The F1500T-A is based on the 80s F1 car which has turbo lag, making it more predictable on when its power comes. The F1 W08 is the modern F1 car with not only Turbos that have no lag (thanks to anti-lag system) but also has the Hybrid system, which makes power delivery much more instant. Its kinda like the LMP1 Hybrids, but quicker on delivery (and torque) so it definitely requires much more steady modulation (and possibly some messing around with the diff)
Sorry for the lack of details on my post. But I was talking about the moment when you lift off the throttle completely and then make a turn.

Then again I know the answer.
The 1500T is supposed to be an F1 car from the 80s, so it has not nearly as much downforce, and softer suspension (more mech grip).
Btw thanks :)👍.

I agree with those saying that the W08 EQ Power+ is still too unstable through slow speed corners. Anything below 4th is a risk but you can stabilise the loose rear end by applying a little throttle. This could be improved further in v1.25.

It is significantly better than it was and I am really enjoying driving it. Once you learn some of it's habits you can really push and rely on the downforce. Performance is absolutely incredible. Great fun.

A night lap of Nürburgring Nordschleife is on the cards for me too.

can someone verify if is changed cut penalty system in the first "S" at dragon trail gardens.... in the FIA time trial with nissan GTR i can't cut like the french guy in top ten... i got penalty

can someone verify if is changed cut penalty system in the first "S" at dragon trail gardens.... in the FIA time trial with nissan GTR i can't cut like the french guy in top ten... i got penalty

Yeah the corner cutting is finally forbidden. You do get penalty as standard. How he managed to not get one I don't know.

The requires very light throttle application thru slow speed corners to stabilize and plant the rearend ot the car. Even Gr3&4 cars tend to like that.

I think it’s the stock diff setting to be honest, I’ll try to play with it and see. When 7 out of 20 AI cars are spinning at both hairpins you know there’s an issue

With every update I hope we get the option to switch off specific music in the soundtrack like it was possible in other recent GT games. Some of the bossa nova tracks playing in the menus have been getting on my nerves for a while now. The ambient and lounge tracks are spot on though.

Plus I still don't understand why the song of the first two trailers isn't in the game and why you can't choose some of the songs in the race for the menu (Run Boy Run for example).

At low speeds it just spins out all the time. It's slightly better now that it downshifts properly, but still tight hairpins (like Suzuka), are just impossible. Once it is accelerating, or above 150 kph it's fine, though.
Having now tried it with a wheel, I need to add to this. The wheel makes a world of difference! Whereas the car is undrivable with a normal controller, it's fine with a wheel. The problem seems to be that the response of the controller is just way too slow (with sensitivity at 7), making it impossible to catch oversteer before completely spinning out. The controller also suffers from poor speed sensitive steering, where you have to slow down way more than necessary to make a fast turn.

Also we really should be able to manually operate DRS. The game should just have like 2 assignable buttons for special car features, such as DRS and KERS, and the lights on a safety car. That would be much more useful than the indicator lights.

Last edited:
Back