A new game update is coming 7/8/2018

I'm not familiar with the term "idle" (English is not my mother tongue). Is this when you go off the throttle or when you stand with the car?

It’s when the motor is running but with no throttle input from the driver. It’s running stationary.

Yup, already been said. It is a common term to describe engine running stationary while the car (or any other type of vehicles) is standstill.

Maybe it's just me in the TT then (1.23). Raced it about 5 times yesterday and as soon as the tyres are more than 2 laps old I can barely get under 02:09 having quali'd on 02:06.5. I was starting around 7th but just unable to hold it in the corners; I find the two 90-degree left handers particularly difficult, even running +5 rear brake balance I just cant make the turn it smoothly and wide up janking it on to the inside apex. More practice tonight - happy sticking with the TT, especially as it's had a buff. It was already quick on the straights so don't imagine it can be caught at all now pending a good exit.
Yep, the TT pulls away at the bottom hairpin and from the final corner, down the main straight.

Gr.3 Class
・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 106% > 105%]
・BMW M6 GT3 M Power Livery '16 [Power Ratio : 96% > 95%]
・BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport) '16 [Power Ratio : 96% > 95%]
・BMW Z4 GT3 '11 [Power Ratio : 105% > 104%]
・Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 103% > 102%]
・Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 [Power Ratio : 83% > 82%]
・Ford Mustang Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 109% > 108%]
・Ford Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car [Power Ratio : 92% > 91%]
・Jaguar F-type Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 101% > 102%]
・Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT3 (AMG-Team HTP-Motorsport) '16 [Power Ratio : 91% > 92%]
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 108% > 107%]
・Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 [Power Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3 '16 [Power Ratio : 100% > 99%]
・Toyota Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) [Weight Reduction Ratio : 103% > 102%]

Gr.4 Class
・Audi TT Cup '16 [Power Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Citroën GT by Citroën Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 94% > 93%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 111% > 112%]
・Dodge Viper Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 93% > 92%]
・Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 100% > 99%]
・honda NSX Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 107% > 108%]
・Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 106% > 105%]
・Peugeot RCZ Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 109% > 110%]
・Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 110% > 109%]
・Renault Sport Mégane Trophy [Weight Reduction Ratio : 113% > 115%]

REST IN PEACE MY CITROEN GR4

Glad I went with Jaguar :-]

Update Notice (07 August)
1. Circuit Experience
 - Fixed an issue wherein records registered before the ranking reset applied with Update 1.21 were not being updated properly after Update 1.23.
They have fixed it to register new times now even if they do not beat your old PB time from previous rankings, BUT, they've also broken it again at the same time because it seems that only your very first registered time will count as all subsequently faster times DO NOT REGISTER. :rolleyes:

Good job PD. :lol:

BRUHHHHH *Faints*

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:banghead::nervous::(:banghead::nervous::(
Think of it this way - it’ll be a little easier to get to full throttle quicker now. :P

But yeah, I also drive the Viper exclusively (almost swapped to McLaren after months but the snap oversteer coming down the esses at Bathurst during a test run ended that) and I don’t think the slight nerf feels necessary. I found that little extra power tended to make up for the understeer in high speed corners, especially when tyre wear is enabled.

150 some odd k. Pretty sure that fits into 30gb more than a few times. It is working now, musta had a problem with the gtao update going at the same time.

What was the issue with the Mazda 787B livery? I've done decent mileage in it, watched plenty of replays, but never noticed a problem.

Last edited:
・Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT3 (AMG-Team HTP-Motorsport) '16 [Power Ratio : 91% > 92%]

YESSSSS FINALLY. MERC AMG SUPREME.

Seriously, after this thing getting nerfed to pieces, it's finally been rebuffed slightly. It's such an amazing car that should hopefully now be able to take on the more powerful cars.

150 some odd k. Pretty sure that fits into 30gb more than a few times.
No, you misunderstand. To update a PS4 game you need enough free space to fit the entire game install again, plus the new update. GT Sport is 88.61GB, so to fit v1.24 you need 88.76GB of free space.
It is working now, musta had a problem with the gtao update going at the same time.
If space is allocated for one update, it isn't available for others, yes.

With every update I hope we get the option to switch off specific music in the soundtrack like it was possible in other recent GT games. Some of the bossa nova tracks playing in the menus have been getting on my nerves for a while now. The ambient and lounge tracks are spot on though.

No, you misunderstand. To update a PS4 game you need enough free space to fit the entire game install again, plus the new update. GT Sport is 88.61GB, so to fit v1.24 you need 88.76GB of free space.

If space is allocated for one update, it isn't available for others, yes.

??????
Obviously I am not a computer guy cause I sure dont understand that one.
My update took about 4 seconds

Last edited:
This and the last update is a joke! I understand all the clean racers want ghosting, but recently there is ghosting in lobbys that you can not turn off this is not fair to the rest of us who enjoy no ghosting. Was hoping it would be fixed this update. But of course we fix the "known issues" with the patch update. This is getting to be BS. NO MORE GHOSTING! GIVE ME AN OFF SWITCH!!! GHOSTBUSTERS FOR GTS!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously I am not a computer guy cause I sure dont understand that one.
What's not to understand? When updating a game you need at least the same amount of free space on your console's hard drive as the game install itself occupies, plus the size of the download. GT Sport occupies 88.61GB of space on your hard drive, so you need to have at least 88.61GB of free space or it'll say you don't have enough free space.

The user above was trying to update another game at the same time. That game would also need the same amount of free space as the game install itself occupies. But that's in addition to - so if you had two games at 50GB each you were trying to update and 60GB of free space, you could only update one at a time, because one is "using" the free space for its update, leaving only 10GB for the other.

My update took about 4 seconds
It was a very small update. I guess you had enough free space.

It was a very small update. I guess you had enough free space.

I have a 2TB external HDD with around 500GB of space, the copying process still took around 15 mins. Strange.

If I remember correctly, the last update took an age too

Back