A new game update is coming 7/8/2018

They have fixed it to register new times now even if they do not beat your old PB time from previous rankings, BUT, they've also broken it again at the same time because it seems that only your very first registered time will count as all subsequently faster times DO NOT REGISTER. :rolleyes:

Good job PD. :lol:

Tried 2 tracks. Big willow is like this, but next track would save the new best lap.

BRUHHHHH *Faints*

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:banghead::nervous::(:banghead::nervous::(

Think of it this way - it’ll be a little easier to get to full throttle quicker now. :P

But yeah, I also drive the Viper exclusively (almost swapped to McLaren after months but the snap oversteer coming down the esses at Bathurst during a test run ended that) and I don’t think the slight nerf feels necessary. I found that little extra power tended to make up for the understeer in high speed corners, especially when tyre wear is enabled.

Viper was hilariously outgunning Mercedes in both the Gr.3 and Gr.4 department. Since these two manufacturers are the closest ones in terms of drivetrain (FR) and shape/size, it should only be reasonable that they are balanced between each other for a start.

The Gr.3 Viper just ran away with it on the straights (especially at a place like Le Mans) while the AMG Gr.3 had to stay within slipstream at all times to keep up (unable to go side by side without losing speed). Also, its' gears are much shorter and thus the acceleration from them would thrash the AMG in exiting corners. Fuel was also much easier to manage with the SRT. Now the AMG is able to at least do something (like properly overtake), not just act like a sitting duck and get murdered on the straights.

The Gr.4 Viper was like taking off 20-30 kgs from the SLS and slapping on another 50 downforce front and back (about 2-3 tenths faster). There was no way it could keep up with the SRT in the long run (SLS had and probably still has very bad fuel economy).

It had to be done, the differences were too large. I hope you can understand.

P.S. Imo the SLS needed a bigger buff than this (still way off the pace of higher tier Gr.4 cars), perhaps a 2% weight decrease instead of 1%, but any improvement is ok.

Last edited:
What was the issue with the Mazda 787B livery? I've done decent mileage in it, watched plenty of replays, but never noticed a problem.

This one :

233hcbj.jpg

Dj-UfqqVsAA_qFv.jpg:large

MAZDASPEED was replaced by MAZDA 787B but the letter O in RENOWN is still with an error
Dj-0axuUYAAwRWm.jpg:large

Glad I went with Jaguar :-]
Welcome, fellow Jag driver! :cheers:

In all honesty, the Gr3 Jag is near the bottom of its class. I think a weight loss was the better option but maybe it will be the straightline machine given the other cars lost power.

They have fixed it to register new times now even if they do not beat your old PB time from previous rankings, BUT, they've also broken it again at the same time because it seems that only your very first registered time will count as all subsequently faster times DO NOT REGISTER. :rolleyes:

Good job PD. :lol:
I tried something out just now I did a bronze time on 1 of the driver challenge’s. The only way to get a gold time was to beat my previous gold time , only then did it change.
Guess this will next weeks latest update fix

Welcome, fellow Jag driver! :cheers:

In all honesty, the Gr3 Jag is near the bottom of its class. I think a weight loss was the better option but maybe it will be the straightline machine given the other cars lost power.

I've been racing it at interlagos, it's still slow unfortunately. But it looks cool

The F1 Mercedes is still crap. The worst F1 I ever drive on games eventhough I could beat its GT League races with custom setting. :(

Gr.3 Class
・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 106% > 105%]
・BMW M6 GT3 M Power Livery '16 [Power Ratio : 96% > 95%]
・BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport) '16 [Power Ratio : 96% > 95%]
・BMW Z4 GT3 '11 [Power Ratio : 105% > 104%]
・Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 103% > 102%]
・Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 [Power Ratio : 83% > 82%]
・Ford Mustang Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 109% > 108%]
・Ford Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car [Power Ratio : 92% > 91%]
・Jaguar F-type Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 101% > 102%]
・Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT3 (AMG-Team HTP-Motorsport) '16 [Power Ratio : 91% > 92%]
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 108% > 107%]
・Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 [Power Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3 '16 [Power Ratio : 100% > 99%]
・Toyota Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) [Weight Reduction Ratio : 103% > 102%]

Gr.4 Class
・Audi TT Cup '16 [Power Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Citroën GT by Citroën Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 94% > 93%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 111% > 112%]
・Dodge Viper Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 93% > 92%]
・Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 100% > 99%]
・honda NSX Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 107% > 108%]
・Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 106% > 105%]
・Peugeot RCZ Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 109% > 110%]
・Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 110% > 109%]
・Renault Sport Mégane Trophy [Weight Reduction Ratio : 113% > 115%]

REST IN PEACE MY CITROEN GR4

Well, looks like staying with Lexus was a safe bet.

They are joking right? They nerfed Ford GT Gr.3 ....... by 1% of power???

Honestly, I was able to keep up with it before AND after the BOP so I frankly don't understand how people find it OP.

The F1 Mercedes is still crap. The worst F1 I ever drive on games eventhough I could beat its GT League races with custom setting. :(

Whats wrong with it??? I didnt think it was undrivable before the update, it just sounded weird on downshifts. The car flies, I cannot believe how fast it is. After driving the Merc if you to a Gr4 car it feels like something is wrong with it.

What's not to understand? When updating a game you need at least the same amount of free space on your console's hard drive as the game install itself occupies, plus the size of the download. GT Sport occupies 88.61GB of space on your hard drive, so you need to have at least 88.61GB of free space or it'll say you don't have enough free space.

The user above was trying to update another game at the same time. That game would also need the same amount of free space as the game install itself occupies. But that's in addition to - so if you had two games at 50GB each you were trying to update and 60GB of free space, you could only update one at a time, because one is "using" the free space for its update, leaving only 10GB for the other.

It was a very small update. I guess you had enough free space.

It just doesn't make sense to me why you don't just need enough space for just the update instead of the whole game. Once again I know little about computers, I would probably be better off attempting brain surgery rather than trying to program a computer. It seems to me that you would then have 2 copies of GTS inside of your PS4, the original one I was playing yesterday and the new updated one I played today. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

To me it makes as much saying that you need a full 5 quart capacity of space in your oil pan to add the 1 quart of oil that is low.

Whats wrong with it??? I didnt think it was undrivable before the update, it just sounded weird on downshifts. The car flies, I cannot believe how fast it is. After driving the Merc if you to a Gr4 car it feels like something is wrong with it.
At low speeds it just spins out all the time. It's slightly better now that it downshifts properly, but still tight hairpins (like Suzuka), are just impossible. Once it is accelerating, or above 150 kph it's fine, though.

At low speeds it just spins out all the time. It's slightly better now that it downshifts properly, but still tight hairpins (like Suzuka), are just impossible. Once it is accelerating, or above 150 kph it's fine, though.
That’s basically how high downforce cars work. They’re incredibly unstable at low speeds, but once they get moving, the downforce glues them to the road. Watch practice sessions, how many spins happen at high speed, how many happen at low speed.

I've been racing it at interlagos, it's still slow unfortunately. But it looks cool
You'll definitely need rear biased brakes if you don't have it that way already. Assuming the power curve hasn't changed much with the bump, you shift short of the rev bar filling up. Too bad we don't get points for looks because that's the only real compliment I have for the Gr3 Jag. :lol:

I don’t think the car handles very well at all..... seems very unstable , even the AI struggles with it. I imagined it would handle close to the f1 2017 model but no, it’s far too loose, and the DRS can just frack off

This one :
Wait, what's the error?

That’s basically how high downforce cars work. They’re incredibly unstable at low speeds, but once they get moving, the downforce glues them to the road. Watch practice sessions, how many spins happen at high speed, how many happen at low speed.
Kinda. But the older counterpart, F1500T, seems to be not as unstable as the F1 2017 at low speeds for some reason.

Bring back dailies and bring back classic tracks. PD could have created Spa and Silverstone in the time it took to create Saint-Croix
I would suspect all content, be it cars, tracks, features, events are being developed concurrently. It isn’t one or the other and PD will no doubt know what they plan to release 6 months from now.

Likewise there would be no point introducing a new weather system before the new tyre model.

The W08 is loads better than it was, but the diff or gearing is still wrong to me. It’s drivable now which is good, but it goes up through 1-4 way too fast? Anything below 4th is a certain spin pretty much. The downforce on these things is immense, but even in sixth and seventh it can feel loose.

I don’t expect these things to be easy to drive far from it, but to me the behaviour of them isn’t right still.

Kinda. But the older counterpart, F1500T, seems to be not as unstable as the F1 2017 at low speeds for some reason.

The F1500T-A is based on the 80s F1 car which has turbo lag, making it more predictable on when its power comes. The F1 W08 is the modern F1 car with not only Turbos that have no lag (thanks to anti-lag system) but also has the Hybrid system, which makes power delivery much more instant. Its kinda like the LMP1 Hybrids, but quicker on delivery (and torque) so it definitely requires much more steady modulation (and possibly some messing around with the diff)

Back