A new game update is coming 7/8/2018

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Lord Protector, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Calmlity

Calmlity

I was quite surprised why (only) this car is not simulated very well on GTS while the games is a perfect simulation. I don't believe the real car's behaviour is like on the game; before or after update.

fastone371 likes this.
  2. Sergio18

Sergio18

I love the F1

fastone371 likes this.
  3. fastone371

fastone371

The W08 requires very light throttle application thru slow speed corners to stabilize and plant the rearend ot the car. Even Gr3&4 cars tend to like that.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  4. GTP_Ezza75

GTP_Ezza75

Hotlap Mercedes F1 W08 @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

sirjim73 likes this.
  5. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Sorry for the lack of details on my post. But I was talking about the moment when you lift off the throttle completely and then make a turn.

Then again I know the answer.
    Btw thanks :):tup:.

6. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I agree with those saying that the W08 EQ Power+ is still too unstable through slow speed corners. Anything below 4th is a risk but you can stabilise the loose rear end by applying a little throttle. This could be improved further in v1.25.

It is significantly better than it was and I am really enjoying driving it. Once you learn some of it's habits you can really push and rely on the downforce. Performance is absolutely incredible. Great fun.

A night lap of Nürburgring Nordschleife is on the cards for me too.

fastone371 likes this.
  7. flimone

flimone

can someone verify if is changed cut penalty system in the first "S" at dragon trail gardens.... in the FIA time trial with nissan GTR i can't cut like the french guy in top ten... i got penalty

8. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

Yeah the corner cutting is finally forbidden. You do get penalty as standard. How he managed to not get one I don't know.

flimone likes this.
  9. flimone

flimone

thanx.... now they should delete leaderboard for this evening ;) ..... will never happen

10. Latosius

Latosius

I think it’s the stock diff setting to be honest, I’ll try to play with it and see. When 7 out of 20 AI cars are spinning at both hairpins you know there’s an issue

Scuderia Paul and ivann like this.
  11. Interstellar9

Interstellar9

Plus I still don't understand why the song of the first two trailers isn't in the game and why you can't choose some of the songs in the race for the menu (Run Boy Run for example).

candycab, phil_75 and sirjim73 like this.
  12. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

Having now tried it with a wheel, I need to add to this. The wheel makes a world of difference! Whereas the car is undrivable with a normal controller, it's fine with a wheel. The problem seems to be that the response of the controller is just way too slow (with sensitivity at 7), making it impossible to catch oversteer before completely spinning out. The controller also suffers from poor speed sensitive steering, where you have to slow down way more than necessary to make a fast turn.

Also we really should be able to manually operate DRS. The game should just have like 2 assignable buttons for special car features, such as DRS and KERS, and the lights on a safety car. That would be much more useful than the indicator lights.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    phil_75 and VBR like this.
  13. Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

Oh oh so the F1 car has GT magic headlights! Better than LEDs.

14. coryclifford

coryclifford

GT6 night races in the Chaparall 2J was good stuff. No lights.

FPV MIC likes this.
  15. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

They don't. You suffer in the dark! :D

fastone371 likes this.
  16. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

That was the only time I turned on the driving line :sly: ... but yes, good fun.

coryclifford likes this.