Car of The Month: April! - Build your own Racing Modification/Touring Car!

Lotus Elise '11

500PP SS Version

trial-mountain-circuit_4-jpg.511171

500PP RH Version

trial-mountain-circuit_5-jpg.511169

You are single handedly going to keep me busy........just wow!
:crazy::eek::P
I haven't quite worked out the RS6 yet though.. Sorry about that. That tune will have to wait a few days. :) I like to tune as many cool cars as possible and the sleeper car demanded some refinement, if it is going to go up against yours. I look forward to seeing what you make of these cars when you can spare the time.

Looks like @shaunm80's been a busy boy. I'm Looking forward to getting to grips with a couple of those.👍

BTW, nice paint job on the Scirocco, not a combo I'd have gone with, but it really suits it :)👍
Thanks, I quite liked the colour too. I like that it colour changes from a blue/purple to red as you drive around. Plain old corporate silver/grey just isn't a good look for this car for me. :)

23900657162_9c83decb12.jpg

"February"

** remember, these are to be RM versions so flat floors need to be installed. Body kits and wings preferred but not mandatory.

Alpine A110 1600s '72
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro '03
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07
Audi TTS Coupe '09
Audi RS6 Avant '08
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
BMW M3 Coupe '07
BMW M5 '08
BMW Z4 '03
BMW Z8 '01
BMW 135i Coupe '07
Jaguar XKR-S '11
Lotus Elise '11
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
Mercedez C63 AMG '08
Mercedez SLS AMG '10
Volkswagon Golf V GTi '05
Volkswagon Golf VI R '10
Volkswagon Scirocco R '10

**there may be more, if you know of any that I have missed please let me know**

"The Tunes"

I hosted a FITT Challenge using the Jag and the DB9 built to the same power and weight, torque was almost identical as well. You can find those tunes below.

@787bcgr - XKR-S
Bowtie-muscle - XKR-S
@DolHaus - XKR-S
@Motor City Hami - DB9
@Otaliema - XKR-S
@shaunm80 - DB9 Coupe
@sinof1337 - XKR-S
@xande1959 - DB9

Sports Soft

Audi TTS Coupe '09 550pp (SS/RH) - by Bowtie-muscle
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03 537pp - by @shaunm80
Lotus Elise '11 500pp - by @shaunm80
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 550pp - by @shaunm80
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 600pp - by @shaunm80
Mercedez SLS AMG '10 650pp - by @shaunm80
Volkswagon Golf GTi V '05 500pp - @randyrockstiff
Volkswagon Golf GTi V '05 500pp - by @shaunm80
Volkswagon Scirocco R '10 550pp - by @shaunm80

Racing Hard

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 597pp - by Bowtie-muscle
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 600pp - by Bowtie-muscle
BMW M3 Coupe '07 575 (SS/RH) - by Bowtie-muscle
BMW M3 Coupe '07 580pp (SS/RH) - by @shaunm80
BMW Z4 '03 537pp - by @randyrockstiff
Lotus Elise '11 550pp (SS/RH) - By Bowtie-muscle
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 600pp - by Bowtie-muscle
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 600pp (GT3 Version) - by @shaunm80
Mercedez SLS AMG '10 630pp (SS/RH) - by Bowtie-muscle
Volkswagon Scirocco R '10 - 550pp - by @shaunm80
Just double checking, are we sticking with the same tracks for the leaderboards?

23900657162_9c83decb12.jpg

"February"

** remember, these are to be RM versions so flat floors need to be installed. Body kits and wings preferred but not mandatory.

Alpine A110 1600s '72
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro '03
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07
Audi TTS Coupe '09
Audi RS6 Avant '08
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
BMW M3 Coupe '07
BMW M5 '08
BMW Z4 '03
BMW Z8 '01
BMW 135i Coupe '07
Jaguar XKR-S '11
Lotus Elise '11
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
Mercedez C63 AMG '08
Mercedez SLS AMG '10
Volkswagon Golf V GTi '05
Volkswagon Golf VI R '10
Volkswagon Scirocco R '10

**there may be more, if you know of any that I have missed please let me know**

"The Tunes"

I hosted a FITT Challenge using the Jag and the DB9 built to the same power and weight, torque was almost identical as well. You can find those tunes below.

@787bcgr - XKR-S
Bowtie-muscle - XKR-S
@DolHaus - XKR-S
@Motor City Hami - DB9
@Otaliema - XKR-S
@shaunm80 - DB9 Coupe
@sinof1337 - XKR-S
@xande1959 - DB9

Sports Soft

Audi TTS Coupe '09 550pp (SS/RH) - by Bowtie-muscle
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 550pp - by @shaunm80
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 600pp - by @shaunm80
Mercedez SLS AMG '10 650pp - by @shaunm80
Volkswagon Golf GTi V '05 500pp - @randyrockstiff
Volkswagon Golf GTi V '05 500pp - by @shaunm80
Volkswagon Scirocco R '10 550pp - by @shaunm80

Racing Hard

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 597pp - by Bowtie-muscle
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 600pp - by Bowtie-muscle
BMW M3 Coupe '07 575 (SS/RH) - by Bowtie-muscle
BMW M3 Coupe '07 580pp (SS/RH) - by @shaunm80
BMW Z4 '03 537pp - by @randyrockstiff
Lotus Elise '11 550pp (SS/RH) - By Bowtie-muscle
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 600pp - by Bowtie-muscle
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 600pp (GT3 Version) - by @shaunm80
Mercedez SLS AMG '10 630pp (SS/RH) - by Bowtie-muscle
Volkswagon Scirocco R '10 - 550pp - by @shaunm80

@Bowtie-muscle can you update the golf v gti '05 tune mate, its now at 540pp

Cheers in advance

@Bowtie-muscle. I've got a few to add to the list for this month too, but I need to double check a couple of them first (don't have flat floor listed as being added, but I'm sure they do :confused:):). Will post them up tomorrow 👍

Edit: I'll try and get the FR-S reviews up too :)

Last edited:
@shaunm80 GT-R Black edition and '07 reviews:

Black edition 650pp -
Brakes are extremely effective for such a heavy car
Great grip, could occasionally lose the rear on faster corners (but not bad)
Trans good, 2nd could be a little shorter but might just be this track
Great launch on exit, fast-stable-and very competitive
Best lap SSR11 - 2:47.403

GT-R '07 600pp (SS) -
A normally heavy feeling car, yet nimble
Excellent grip, very stable
Easy on the brakes for a heavy car
Not the fastest but still fun
Best lap SSR11 - 2:57.968

GT-R '07 600pp (RH) -
More grip, better braking
Better on exit, but also easier to make mistakes
Great tune, very smooth if you don't over push it
LSD setup worked excellent for this track
Best lap SSR11 - 2:57.060 (could not stay consistently too far ahead of the SS tune :embarrassed:)

@shaunm80 Elise 11 / Gran Turismo S reviews:

Elise '11 506pp (SS) -

Forget the 111R, this is where it's at. I really enjoy driving this car. Hard not to smile while racing around the track, almost like driving an Arcade Racing game there is so much grip. This tune continues that feeling and instills confidence. Well balanced, stable, yet can be pushed further than expected. Point and shoot tune, just aim it and gas it, no muss-no fuss. Everything is near perfect. Well done :)
Best lap Deep Forest Reverse - 1:19.608

Elise '11 500pp (RH) -
Realized I forgot to set the power limiter on the SS tune (hence the 506pp rather than 500)
More power on the SS, but more grip here. Both are so good, it took three laps to beat the ghost, and it was not by much. Then the laps got faster. Hard to improve upon the SS tune, this one has more rear end liveliness. but it made it that much more enjoyable. Perhaps simply adding RH to the SS tune, and then battle the two out, that would be interesting. Two real tuning gems here.
Best lap Deep Forest Reverse - 1:18.865

Gran Turismo S '08 550pp (SS) -

If you are a Ferrari or Lambo fan, stop reading here.....
This might actually be my favorite Italian car in game. Not sure why as the 458 and Scud might be better, as well the Gallardo and Murci, but still something about it floats my boat more.
Good power, good grip. Easy to get used to.
Just enough looseness in the rear to be fast, yet remaining mostly stable.
Best lap Trial Mountain - 1:29.944

Gran Turismo S '08 600pp (SS) -
A little stiffer and requires throttle control on exit but might be track choice
Good entry, but could be tight in the center and tight off
Taking the correct line would get all ills removed. Best way was slightly slower in the center which allowed for better-smoother exit and improved lap time. Fun ride too.
Best lap Grand Valley Speedway - 1:54.394

Gran Turismo S '08 600pp (RH) - GT3 Version

Deceptively quick, if you can keep the rear in check
Hint of understeer in the center, throttle oversteer on exit if you miss your marks
Still, a lovely ride and fast tune.
Best lap SSR11 - 2:53.301 :eek:

I took @Rotary Junkie 's RX-7 and Integra to DFR, and got:

1:16.299 (RX-7)
1:17.489 (Integra)

For the Integra, it's a quick little FF. Personally, if I'm putting a tune on that car, it would be lower powered because I feel that it is better geared there, or at least not turbocharging them to stage 3. I get that these cars are supposed to be the ultimate version of them, but it's just what I feel about it. Besides that, the acceleration is quick, it handles well, and it could rival other cars in higher classes (if only for 4 seconds). It just feels a little out of place for me. No disrespect to you, mate.

Now, the RX-7... I did some changes to it, and what I did was leave the rims at the stock size (purely because a two inch increase didn't look good to me) and increased the final gear to 3.000 for the track as the original value was too low for DFR. Leaving the rims alone didn't hamper with the handling much at all, and it was pretty good; just don't go into a turn too fast as it doesn't like it. The power is just right IMO for the car, so no complaints there. The modified final gear made all the difference in the world for the track. All in all, it's a nicely balanced car, and I bet those settings might be good on a street RX-7.

Also I just want to comment on how basic my reviews are. Since I'm a DS3 user, I can't really give you guys a true feel of it as opposed to using a wheel. Also, I'm not that good coming up with really good reviews.

Next up, I have a date with a lovely lady in an V12 Vantage...

Update: 1:51.402 with the Vantage at GVS.

Last edited:
@shaunm80 GT-R Black edition and '07 reviews:

Black edition 650pp -
Brakes are extremely effective for such a heavy car
Great grip, could occasionally lose the rear on faster corners (but not bad)
Trans good, 2nd could be a little shorter but might just be this track
Great launch on exit, fast-stable-and very competitive
Best lap SSR11 - 2:47.403

GT-R '07 600pp (SS) -
A normally heavy feeling car, yet nimble
Excellent grip, very stable
Easy on the brakes for a heavy car
Not the fastest but still fun
Best lap SSR11 - 2:57.968

GT-R '07 600pp (RH) -
More grip, better braking
Better on exit, but also easier to make mistakes
Great tune, very smooth if you don't over push it
LSD setup worked excellent for this track
Best lap SSR11 - 2:57.060 (could not stay consistently too far ahead of the SS tune :embarrassed:)

@shaunm80 Elise 11 / Gran Turismo S reviews:

Elise '11 506pp (SS) -

Forget the 111R, this is where it's at. I really enjoy driving this car. Hard not to smile while racing around the track, almost like driving an Arcade Racing game there is so much grip. This tune continues that feeling and instills confidence. Well balanced, stable, yet can be pushed further than expected. Point and shoot tune, just aim it and gas it, no muss-no fuss. Everything is near perfect. Well done :)
Best lap Deep Forest Reverse - 1:19.608

Elise '11 500pp (RH) -
Realized I forgot to set the power limiter on the SS tune (hence the 506pp rather than 500)
More power on the SS, but more grip here. Both are so good, it took three laps to beat the ghost, and it was not by much. Then the laps got faster. Hard to improve upon the SS tune, this one has more rear end liveliness. but it made it that much more enjoyable. Perhaps simply adding RH to the SS tune, and then battle the two out, that would be interesting. Two real tuning gems here.
Best lap Deep Forest Reverse - 1:18.865

Gran Turismo S '08 550pp (SS) -

If you are a Ferrari or Lambo fan, stop reading here.....
This might actually be my favorite Italian car in game. Not sure why as the 458 and Scud might be better, as well the Gallardo and Murci, but still something about it floats my boat more.
Good power, good grip. Easy to get used to.
Just enough looseness in the rear to be fast, yet remaining mostly stable.
Best lap Trial Mountain - 1:29.944

Gran Turismo S '08 600pp (SS) -
A little stiffer and requires throttle control on exit but might be track choice
Good entry, but could be tight in the center and tight off
Taking the correct line would get all ills removed. Best way was slightly slower in the center which allowed for better-smoother exit and improved lap time. Fun ride too.
Best lap Grand Valley Speedway - 1:54.394

Gran Turismo S '08 600pp (RH) - GT3 Version

Deceptively quick, if you can keep the rear in check
Hint of understeer in the center, throttle oversteer on exit if you miss your marks
Still, a lovely ride and fast tune.
Best lap SSR11 - 2:53.301 :eek:

Great reviews. Thank you for taking the time to test so many! Some great times in there, especially the 2.47 around SSR11! I have to agree with you about the Maserati, it is a great car in this game and feels great to drive at the limits.

The 600PP version was tuned to be a little different. I found that if I just upped the power and used the 550PP tune, the car developed weird tendencies and did not feel as good so I made it driver proof. It kind of tells the driver how it likes to be driven and doesn't budge, but as you found out, once you learn what it wants, it can be a smooth drive. the GT3 version however, That is one of my favourite GT3 conversions. You just wouldn't think that it was that quick or nimble around most tracks. The rear can go a little wayward but smooth in, smooth out seems to do the trick.

I am glad that you enjoyed the Lotus Elise '11 tune by the way. I knew when you entered a car, I had to up my game as you are pretty darn good with these sorts of cars. It is the ultimate sleeper car and so cheap too! I think it was less than 50k to buy? Great value indeed.

Oh another note. Just solving a C 63 AMG problem and Ill have a few more tunes to publish. :)

Great reviews. Thank you for taking the time to test so many! Some great times in there, especially the 2.47 around SSR11! I have to agree with you about the Maserati, it is a great car in this game and feels great to drive at the limits.

The 600PP version was tuned to be a little different. I found that if I just upped the power and used the 550PP tune, the car developed weird tendencies and did not feel as good so I made it driver proof. It kind of tells the driver how it likes to be driven and doesn't budge, but as you found out, once you learn what it wants, it can be a smooth drive. the GT3 version however, That is one of my favourite GT3 conversions. You just wouldn't think that it was that quick or nimble around most tracks. The rear can go a little wayward but smooth in, smooth out seems to do the trick.

I am glad that you enjoyed the Lotus Elise '11 tune by the way. I knew when you entered a car, I had to up my game as you are pretty darn good with these sorts of cars. It is the ultimate sleeper car and so cheap too! I think it was less than 50k to buy? Great value indeed.

Oh another note. Just solving a C 63 AMG problem and Ill have a few more tunes to publish. :)
Great, more work for me :ouch:

:lol::lol::lol:

I took @Rotary Junkie 's RX-7 and Integra to DFR, and got:

1:16.299 (RX-7)
1:17.489 (Integra)

For the Integra, it's a quick little FF. Personally, if I'm putting a tune on that car, it would be lower powered because I feel that it is better geared there, or at least not turbocharging them to stage 3. I get that these cars are supposed to be the ultimate version of them, but it's just what I feel about it. Besides that, the acceleration is quick, it handles well, and it could rival other cars in higher classes (if only for 4 seconds). It just feels a little out of place for me. No disrespect to you, mate.

Now, the RX-7... I did some changes to it, and what I did was leave the rims at the stock size (purely because a two inch increase didn't look good to me) and increased the final gear to 3.000 for the track as the original value was too low for DFR. Leaving the rims alone didn't hamper with the handling much at all, and it was pretty good; just don't go into a turn too fast as it doesn't like it. The power is just right IMO for the car, so no complaints there. The modified final gear made all the difference in the world for the track. All in all, it's a nicely balanced car, and I bet those settings might be good on a street RX-7.

Also I just want to comment on how basic my reviews are. Since I'm a DS3 user, I can't really give you guys a true feel of it as opposed to using a wheel. Also, I'm not that good coming up with really good reviews.

Next up, I have a date with a lovely lady in an V12 Vantage...

Update: 1:51.402 with the Vantage at GVS.
Nice test and review 👍
Was that my Vantage or did you build one?

Back