Are you waiting to buy a PS3 just for Gran Turismo 5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 162 comments
  • 17,857 views

Are you waiting to buy a PS3 just for Gran Turismo 5?

  • Hell yea, it's the only reason I want a PS3!

    Votes: 103 20.9%
  • I will wait until Gran Turismo 5 is out and reviewed before I buy a PS3.

    Votes: 25 5.1%
  • No, I want a PS3 for other games as well.

    Votes: 28 5.7%
  • No, I already got a PS3 slim this year. (2009)

    Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I already got a fat PS3 this year. (2009)

    Votes: 33 6.7%
  • No, I've had a PS3 since 2008.

    Votes: 154 31.3%
  • No, I had my PS3 since its launch in Europe/AU in 2007.

    Votes: 83 16.9%
  • No, I had my PS3 since its NA/SA/ and Japan launch in 2006.

    Votes: 48 9.8%

  • Total voters
    492
I have an Xbox 360, a PS2 and a PSP. Now, while I'm waiting for the man Kaz to release the game I'm playing Forza 3 and GT4 and these two keep me occupied for now, but when #5 gets released I am planning on selling the 360 and its games and use the money to buy a PS3. The 360 is built like crap anyway, I tell you it's the most unstable system I've ever seen, like holy god. Gave me the red rings two times now, it freezes like a b*tch and it's noisy as hell. Won't miss it for sure.
 
GT5 is one a the big reasons for my PS3 purchase. MGS4 was the other big one.
 
you forgot the option "I already bought one for GT5"
Especially since everyone I know has XBOX's, I really wish I'd waited, and only considered a PS3 when a release date was really really really for real.....
And I;d have had an xbox and a decent sim for 2 years now, instead of games that play on both systems anyway
 
I bought one for GT5 Prologue last year, Didn't want to wait no more as the wait would turn out to be another year.

Still I can't complain as i bought my PS3 80gb Phat (Little Big Planet Pack) for € 180,- during an online old stock sale from a mayor dutch toystore. (In those days the retail price was still € 300,- or higher, And the Slim had just been released)
 
Actually, my ps3 is waiting for GT5 to come out. real GT5 fans bought the console long time ago...
 
I already have two PS3's!! I would buy a GT5 bundle if K.Y. signs it and has a GT5 design on it!!
 
The plan was to buy a PS3 just for GT5. After seeing so many awesome games like Uncharted, Killzone 2 & MGS4 I purchased a PS3.
 
I got my ps3 slim in 2009 and have enjoyed play gt5p, gta4 etc. on it.
(While waiting for gt5)
 
Last edited:
And it had a hole in the box when I bought it, so I was taking a big risk! It all worked out though, I love my PS3!! I bought it with GT5 in mind, but I want it for other games too.

Wow! :lol: You're lucky! I've imported mine's and spent almost 700US$ to have it with me, after that I've waited for three long weeks until it arrived and I was nervous because to use the warranty I would have to wait another entire month to have it back, if it doesn't work. But it worked fine and in the very same day, I got my dad's car and drove for a couple of hours until I've found an open shop which has a GT5P copy available. I got MGS4 too, I love that game.

I've bought my PS3 for GT5, but GT5P graphics and cockpit view made my decision easy. :D Xbox who? :lol:

A couple of months ago, I've bought the DFGT to enjoy prologue even more, changed the way I've used to play racing games, then I've played MW2 in Full HD in the house of a mate and played on a G27 last week:

Result: Now I'm saving for my HDTV and G27 + Playseat. :D
Accountancy( US$ ):
PS3 700,00
GT5P 70,00
DFGT 300,00
---------------

Total: 1070,00 - Just to enjoy some hours of GT, and it worth every cent.

Theory: GT really helps to leverage sales of some other peripherals, buy a wheel with FFB when you can, you'll never go back to the controller after that.
 
Last edited:
With my second YLOD on my ps3 just happening a few days ago, I will be attempting another re-flow to hopefully squeeze some more time out of my 2008 PS3 fat. If that fails then I'll be waiting for the GT5 bundle. I hope to save some money that way. Plus it gives me time to put money away until it's released.
 
Although I voted for the second option, I'm pretty sure I'll buy a PS3 and GT5 without the reviews. For what I've seen of it so far, and what I've seen/read about the older GTs, I'm confident it will be a super awesome game!

For now I just want to see new images and videos (direct captured HD please) from some other GT tracks (yes, we know, Tokio and Nurnburg are in)
 
I was waiting for GT5 but just got a PS3 bundled with PlayTV becasue my old DVD player was a complete pita. Now I have to wait, and wait, and wait,.... GT4 release date nightmares are coming back, ahrggggg....
 
What an appropriate thread thanks to the news section.
 
Back