Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Nitpicking here, but it was three tunes per car, and yeah it still wasn't enough. I did the same as you and colour coded them.:)

Well........ *IF* you stiffened the chassis you couldn't undo it which necessitated in buying another car or *IF* you added aero you couldn't take it off when online hence my need for 3 cars sometimes. So yes, you are correct you could have 3 tunes BUT when you added stuff it was classed as tuned and it necessitated another car. Not to mention when they did one of the updates even standard tunes got classed as modded and you couldn't enter online rooms where tuning was banned. I did a lot of standard car, untuned racing and this was a constant PITA!!! Right to point when people would join the room with a brand new and car GT6 still said it was tuned *BUT* it didn't realise that chassis stiffening was a mod so go figure the Japanese logic behind that one ;-)

Also the kick button got rid of those pesky race soft on road car types;), something I hope Kunos will implement, along with messaging in lobbies.

No need. The rooms I raced in we set the tyres to what we wanted people to use and then only had to put up with the b!tching when they couldn't run what they wanted.

Generally the GT series, despite some of its flaws, has been the best online I have experienced. Yes, yes there were lag issues and in GT6 the inability to see other players on track (a little too regularly I might add).

*IF* AC had the functionality of GT6 Online (without the bugs) I, and my friends, would never look at another game ever again. I am absolutely amazed that Kunos has the inability to grasp this concept >:-(

I did the money glitch in GT6, if it wasn't for that i dont think i would have played that game for longer than a week. In fact i spent more time doing the glitch than i did on offline play.
I remember sitting there for a solid day buying every car I wanted. Fun stuff.

I think I earned more money through quick match than the money glitch in the end. That stuff paid out so well.

I'd like to see Kunos copy the hell out of GTS's sport mode for AC2. Skill and safety ratings, a handful of Kunos-configured public rooms each week that matched players and led to some sort of main event. Easier said than done I'm sure, but really they should be thinking it.

Well........ *IF* you stiffened the chassis you couldn't undo it which necessitated in buying another car or *IF* you added aero you couldn't take it off when online hence my need for 3 cars sometimes. So yes, you are correct you could have 3 tunes BUT when you added stuff it was classed as tuned and it necessitated another car. Not to mention when they did one of the updates even standard tunes got classed as modded and you couldn't enter online rooms where tuning was banned. I did a lot of standard car, untuned racing and this was a constant PITA!!! Right to point when people would join the room with a brand new and car GT6 still said it was tuned *BUT* it didn't realise that chassis stiffening was a mod so go figure the Japanese logic behind that one ;-)
I did say nitpicking... and only three cars of one type, I have twelve xr8's all tuned slightly differently (some only have two tunes, most have three), from dirty oil to chassis reinforced, enduro with tyre wear to sprint, mostly just for Bathurst and I couldn't paint those ones:banghead:

No need. The rooms I raced in we set the tyres to what we wanted people to use and then only had to put up with the b!tching when they couldn't run what they wanted.

Generally the GT series, despite some of its flaws, has been the best online I have experienced. Yes, yes there were lag issues and in GT6 the inability to see other players on track (a little too regularly I might add).

*IF* AC had the functionality of GT6 Online (without the bugs) I, and my friends, would never look at another game ever again. I am absolutely amazed that Kunos has the inability to grasp this concept >:-(
Used to do that too, even put it in the room description so it was plain to see before entering, I'd give them a couple of chances (if I was in a good mood) to straighten up and fly right or... well, you know.... the kick button.

Totally agree about online, really hope Kunos gets their heads around what us console players need/expect (the functionality of GT6 Online without the bugs).

I don't have a console, yet I'm starting to get anxiety over this next update for you guys. It just has to at least cover all of the basic requirements. Then, you'll at least be able to get your leagues going and have interesting races with people you know. Or, if you still don't mind racing with strangers you'll be able to have full control over the room if you created it. That's not too much to ask, is it? :boggled:

For the many faults GT6 had, I was quite pleased with the online experience. Sure, there were plenty of flaws but they also did a lot of things well...some things very well. Unfortunately, it was just their cars, physics, tires & sounds that mostly sucked. :D :lol: I bought into those "replica" setups, so the vast majority of my "tunes" were actually attempts at getting the car to behave like the real life counterpart. I don't get excited for 800hp Civics or BMW M5s that pull 2g because there are Racing Soft tires installed. :rolleyes:

I don't have a console, yet I'm starting to get anxiety over this next update for you guys. It just has to at least cover all of the basic requirements. Then, you'll at least be able to get your leagues going and have interesting races with people you know. Or, if you still don't mind racing with strangers you'll be able to have full control over the room if you created it. That's not too much to ask, is it? :boggled:

For the many faults GT6 had, I was quite pleased with the online experience. Sure, there were plenty of flaws but they also did a lot of things well...some things very well. Unfortunately, it was just their cars, physics, tires & sounds that mostly sucked. :D :lol: I bought into those "replica" setups, so the vast majority of my "tunes" were actually attempts at getting the car to behave like the real life counterpart. I don't get excited for 800hp Civics or BMW M5s that pull 2g because there are Racing Soft tires installed. :rolleyes:

I'm in a zen state by now. Usual scary silence when things should be almost rolling out.

No words on date even if we're already at the 8th, one week from half of the release month we were said to be expecting it...

They could have at least thrown us a bone... a screen a feature about what we'll be able to do.

Oh well I stopped playing racing sims after ac. It's that good an experience that it made me stop waiting for being able to race in online leagues.

Hope they deliver something good ; my wheel dust is ccollecting dust...

I'm in a zen state by now. Usual scary silence when things should be almost rolling out.

No words on date even if we're already at the 8th, one week from half of the release month we were said to be expecting it...

They could have at least thrown us a bone... a screen a feature about what we'll be able to do.

Oh well I stopped playing racing sims after ac. It's that good an experience that it made me stop waiting for being able to race in online leagues.

Hope they deliver something good ; my wheel dust is ccollecting dust...
I know you've been frustrated for a long time, waiting for these custom/private lobbies...whatever they're supposed to be called. Hopefully the wait will be over soon. I've got my fingers crossed for you and all of our console cousins who are sick of getting kicked from servers or sick of kicking others because they're waiting on friends to arrive. You guys need the suffering to end!

On a different note, I'm very glad to hear that you at least enjoy the driving feel & physics of Assetto Corsa. Hopefully all of this hot lapping practice pays off for you once your Assetto Corsa league starts up. Go kick some butt. :D

I really liked a lot thi[s livery of the Lotus Exos formula with real F1 driver names like mansell, clark,senna, hakkinen,herbert....
Real nice tribute....kunos make some very nice liverys.
PS_Messages_20170403_120411_20170409034840080.png

PS_Messages_20170403_120418.png

I know you've been frustrated for a long time, waiting for these custom/private lobbies...whatever they're supposed to be called. Hopefully the wait will be over soon. I've got my fingers crossed for you and all of our console cousins who are sick of getting kicked from servers or sick of kicking others because they're waiting on friends to arrive. You guys need the suffering to end!

On a different note, I'm very glad to hear that you at least enjoy the driving feel & physics of Assetto Corsa. Hopefully all of this hot lapping practice pays off for you once your Assetto Corsa league starts up. Go kick some butt. :D
To be honest i completely stopped racing while in wait... After a few hotlaps i just get bored and dare to get online. After getting online and finding out the usual issues and madmans i stop playing for some weeks lol

To be honest i completely stopped racing while in wait... After a few hotlaps i just get bored and dare to get online. After getting online and finding out the usual issues and madmans i stop playing for some weeks lol
I guess I can't blame you. However, you might want to wipe the dust off that wheel and start practicing again because online, user controlled custom lobbies should be coming real soon. :cheers:

Does Sony snd Microsoft really scrutinize every angle of the patches submitted by every little studio? Some of AC's hot fixes appears to have released shortly after their submission, but they usually take their time with the bigger updates like version 1.14. I wonder if the late March submission has been rejected because I fail to understand how the process can be so slow and bureaucratic.

Does Sony and Microsoft really scrutinize every angle of the patches submitted by every little studio? Some of AC's hot fixes appears to have released shortly after their submission, but they usually take their time with the bigger updates like version 1.14. I wonder if the late March submission has been rejected because I fail to understand how the process can be so slow and bureaucratic.
It can take a fortnight for a decent update to be passed by the platform holders. The main goal of the process is apparently to test and confirm that the update does not create any areas where system security can be breached and lead to a system hacking opportunity.

I agree with @gladbecker82 in that I expect the update to arrive around the 18th. However, as there is is no DLC pack coming it could land any day and not be held for the Tuesday Store updates.

It can take a fortnight for a decent update to be passed by the platform holders. The main goal of the process is apparently to test and confirm that the update does not create any areas where system security can be breached and lead to a system hacking opportunity.

I agree with @gladbecker82 in that I expect the update to arrive around the 18th. However, as there is is no DLC pack coming it could land any day and not be held for the Tuesday Store updates.

There is also a third scenario to consider. The 1.14 update may be being held over if there is another PS4 system update getting ready to launch.

Also don't forget we now effectively have two versions of the PS4 and there may be issues with compliance on one or both versions now.

I would imagine this is making some programmers lives very difficult ;-)

For those looking to upgrade their Xbox - Scorpio is looking impressive.

Too early to tell how AC will run there, but it's certainly looking good.

Upgraded Jaguar CPU..... Will still be be a bottleneck, just like the CPU of PS4 Pro.
The best... An PC....freedom to use mods,all accessories you want, cheaper games and Don't have to pay online.
Performance up to your choice and budget.

I really don't like what sony & Microsoft did... The console "smartphone" generation...
Today iPhone 7,next year iPhone 7S...

How do you sell a digital copy that you bought from the PS store? ;-)

BTW this is why I only buy discs, they at least retain some value. Oh and they are usually cheaper having been discounted by all the retailers.

Yep. Another reason i buy is to support local business Gamestop, Target, Walmart etc :) I do like the convenience of instant game opening without swapping disk from the PS Store digital content though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha reading many of the posts above about GT6 vs. Assetto Corsa. My first reaction is that they are not even in the same league. GT6 is like road car while Assetto Corsa is like formula car. Also, they are made for different audiences on different purpose. GT6 is catered to massive group of gamers who just want to race with lots of cars, lots of tracks, lots of fun content on controllers so they care less about realism while Assetto Corsa is catered to a specific niche market of hard core sim racers and care less about whether you can drive on a controller or not. That is a fact and not even an opinion. I'll throw PCars into the mix, it is middle between these two spectrums. I enjoy all 3 games for different reasons :).

Last edited:
Alright need some opinions here. Getting a quicker pc than I'm used to, I want to know what great racing Sims I should try out THAT ARE EASY TO RUN. I'm talking stuff from the mid 2000s that don't have to look great, but I just want to know what's a good place to start.

Alright need some opinions here. Getting a quicker pc than I'm used to, I want to know what great racing Sims I should try out THAT ARE EASY TO RUN. I'm talking stuff from the mid 2000s that don't have to look great, but I just want to know what's a good place to start.

Maybe this thread is better? Just saying since your question is so off-topic for the console discussion. :)

Live For Speed, the latest version still great, even old laptop from ten years ago could run it well without much fuss.

Haha reading many of the posts above about GT6 vs. Assetto Corsa. My first reaction is that they are not even in the same league.

Correct. GT6 beats AC hands down with it's online functionality. At this point in time on a PS4 we cannot race who we want, where we want in what ever car we chose. We can talk about the nice physics all day long but it is useles if we can't race other people properly.

There's only one racing game you need that can run on a modest PC (dunno how modest yours is but anyway):

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/automobilista.343559/

New video from kunos dev Aris with driving advices.

Great video, and @Donnced every time i see you have posted a comment here, i expect it to be news about this damn console update lol!!

On another note, the video again shows how simple the menus still are in the console version. I really hope this changes with the next, coming update, the console version almost looks like a demo version of the game compared to PC! :P

Back