- 32

- Hong Kong
I got a strange problem on CM...however long I spend it the car it still says 0.0km under "Total driven" in the contents tab. Some seem ok but some seem not working I have no idea why.
Very good work! I have a little problem: the car cannot be switched to H-shifter. There was, I believe, to change any setting in an .ini. Unfortunately I don't know where anymore. Can someone help me?I have uploaded the skin yesterday to Racedepartment, however due to their new approval process it is still not available for download (22 hour mark passed at the moment of writing this post, they must be busy with approving these grand MSC mods...), therefore please accept my apologies for the delay.
So, no more holding back, here is the final version for the Chassis 917-043 car featuring:
- Livery design based on the actual race day car with accurate colors and (not perfect, but decent) shapes
- High quality vector logos created specially for this car (Bosch one still looks bad though due to 3D model limitations)
- Brand new tire textures recreated by using reference pictures of the real tires (complete with NM and Blur layers)
- Updated a number of textures and material colors to replicate the real vehicle (using the included kn5 file is a must)
- Realistic crew textures and pilot (pit crew is wearing 1970's Porsche factory workers in brown overalls with Porsche branding, the pilot is also matching the era for a better immersion, custom pit board also included)
- PDF included with installation instructions
Porsche 917LH - Martini International Racing Team #3 - 24 hours of Le Mans 1970 (8K /4K skin) (Google Drive)
Special thanks to @GzeroD for creating the Porsche 917LH.
Studio sample and ingame shot:
![]()
![]()
But Martini International Racing Team was not the only team who had their eyes on the great prize, someone else also had an 917LH available as their weapon of choice, in hope of securing the overall victory for the German automobile manufacturer... - WIP
![]()
here's some references of me driving POS cars at Chuck:
Galactic, the problem cars have Caps on their names.
For instance:
Chevrolet_Nova_SS_1969
Turn the whole name to lower case:
chevrolet_nova_ss_1969
I got a strange problem on CM...however long I spend it the car it still says 0.0km under "Total driven" in the contents tab. Some seem ok but some seem not working I have no idea why.
Car folder name must match those 2 conditions for driven distance to be taken in account:
1. Folder name MUST NOT contain any uppercase char
2. Folder name length MAX CHARS is 32
So check those 2 points and you should get your driven distance back.
Note: If you have to change (shorten) the folder name you wil ennd with no sound. So go into sfx folder and:
- change .bank fil name with the new folder name
- open GUID.txt and replace all ocurencies of older folder name with the shortened one (Notepad++ does it in a fraction of a second)
Very good work! I have a little problem: the car cannot be switched to H-shifter. There was, I believe, to change any setting in an .ini. Unfortunately I don't know where anymore. Can someone help me?
YesWhat GT4 pack are you talking about? The Guerrilla one?
Once I changed all these I opened a pandora box of problems when I clicked "analyze". Probably some more things needed to be changed in data.acd.
Nice! The Sainte Devote entry and exit is the biggest error with the carerra4 Monaco 1988 track(Rascasse exit is second). It would be cool if you could add the fixes to the 1988 track also when finished?New version of monaco 1973/75 available on legion blog, a reworked version of yesterday to be more ccurate with the real track of 1973/75.
-Legion change a lot of things since yesterday, he reworks totally the "chicane du port", now it's one of the fastest chicane i ever drive trough, what a blast!
And it fixs the problem with the AI crashing, so there is no more problem with the AI.
-Change also the exit of the last corner "Anthony Noghes", now you can go full throttle more early like in the real track, really fun!
-Finally change and reworked "Sainte Devote", the first corner, on the ride side.
Changing UPPER to LOWER is no problem. Shortening the folder name I can't tell since almost all my cars are unpacked (without data.acd) and what I wrote is all you have to do to have the driven distance problem solved. But I will try it on a packed car with data.acd later today and let you know how it goes. There are not so many car folder names with more than 32 chars by the way.

Something fishy there, the car definitely supports a gated shifter.Very good work! I have a little problem: the car cannot be switched to H-shifter. There was, I believe, to change any setting in an .ini. Unfortunately I don't know where anymore. Can someone help me?
Nice! The Sainte Devote entry and exit is the biggest error with the carerra4 Monaco 1988 track(Rascasse exit is second). It would be cool if you could add the fixes to the 1988 track also when finished? ...
I love making cameras for these older tracks.
Is it the changed kn5 from PR0JECTNR56?Something fishy there, the car definitely supports a gated shifter.
This line 'SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1' in drivetrain.ini is what toggles that support.
Is it the changed kn5 from PR0JECTNR56?
In any case, thanks for the tip, will test it out tonight! I love this car!
Looks great... but I really don't like the 3rd flower that's sticking up near the apex of the 12th corner. I'm sure it's slightly the wrong shade of red too. And I know, because I've been to the track myself, even though it doesn't actually exist. And the flower stem is too short as well. You obviously haven't done proper research on that species. The stems always grow higher on hillsides that face due east. I'll only give you a 2-star rating until you fix that.![]()
No, the kn5 is model only, the upload will receive some more love from Pr0jectnr56 shortly, expect new versions soon.Is it the changed kn5 from PR0JECTNR56?
In any case, thanks for the tip, will test it out tonight! I love this car!
It's the utter arrogance shown by a small number of well-known modders that staggers me. Perhaps they don't mean to sound like know-it-alls with holier-than-thou attitudes, but the lack of humility and superior entitlement that some of them radiate towards their fellow modders is absurd. And anything you read on RD can be multiplied several times on Discord where any pretence of politeness is left firmly at the door.sadly I've seen this happening many times on RD![]()
Here's another Alfa Romeo TZ2 livery - similar design to the 243 car just red and white and number 41 this time. I'll be doing some different body colours and designs soon.
I've updated link in the other post with the new skin included or grab it here
https://mega.nz/file/HDokwYCZ#TiS1xTt22i1_FKcxaAkhXwgFG9_URwzGK3S6gdeu3EcView attachment 914057
sadly I've seen this happening many times on RD![]()
@pk3r72owns, I've swapped out some of the inappropriately branded balloons from my balloon fiesta for new USA/Cali-centric ones, more suitable for WS.
View attachment 914135 View attachment 914136 View attachment 914137 View attachment 914138 View attachment 914139 View attachment 914140 View attachment 914146
Will do, no problem. Sorry for the delay, PC/Rift issues in the past week have been gobbling up my time. Meant to get these finished a few days ago.Thanks for this! but I just missed this for the 1.0 upload - would you please upload it as a separate mod I can just point people towards?
I wonder how many times I will be refreshing RD todayI look forward to the nitpicking when this gets approved by the RD mods....
View attachment 914149 View attachment 914150 View attachment 914151 View attachment 914152 View attachment 914153 View attachment 914148
No, the kn5 is model only, the upload will receive some more love from Pr0jectnr56 shortly, expect new versions soon.
edit: Pr0jectnr56 beat me to the Post Reply button.
I look forward to the nitpicking when this gets approved by the RD mods....
View attachment 914149 View attachment 914150 View attachment 914151 View attachment 914152 View attachment 914153 View attachment 914148
Just in the elevations after both corners, it should be a smoother rise, not the ‘lump’ on the carerra4 88 trackIn what way are they in error, I may or may not fix them?
Well there is a whole blog somewhere which never seems to do cameras, so you could always take a crack at those.
![]()