Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,750 comments
Not to sound like an idiot but if the vao patch is in the track folder, will it work correctly & auto install or do i have to manually move it from the track folder to extension/vao-patches?

Alfo Romeo Giulietta Spider Update:

Spent the day driving and fixing/tweaking stuff. Things that were updated:
-AI adjusted to drive better and more consistent.
-Brakes updated, more brake force
-Steering ratios adjusted for a more realistic feel. Widened the use of the steering wheel so all steering isn't done within the first 45 degrees of wheel turn.
-Gear ratios adjusted to match better with the added power. Better transitions.
-Differential adjusted for better performance but not overdone to take away vintage feel.
-Engine breaking adjusted for more stability under braking.
-Car model adjusted slightly. Wheels pulled out a bit so they're not tucked so far into the body.
-Suspension adjusted. Damping fixed to allow better wheel contact over short bumps. A bit more bar.
-Tyres: Thermals adjusted for a more realistic temp build and transfer. Pressures adjusted.

Should get a little more believable drive out of it now. Still can be a handful. The tyres are just skinny little tubes.
No shiny picture, you know what it looks like by now. Whole car for those that need it. For those that have it already, only the files in the data folder need to be overwritten.

Interested to hear what others think but for me the car over-rotates into uncontrollable spins far too easily now when turning, and it's nigh impossible to catch them.
Not sure what's suddenly causing this as the previous version felt great.
Shame, as I love this car.
Anyone else?

Interested to hear what others think but for me the car over-rotates into uncontrollable spins far too easily now when turning, and it's nigh impossible to catch them.
Anyone else?
Weird, I had the opposite. Before the steering angle was so sharp that you had within such a small turn of the wheel to catch an oversteer and if you didn't, around you would go. Now there's more steering wheel rotation keeping the oversteer under control in the first place but if the rear starts to go, you have more wheel to precisely get it back and less chance of overcompensation.
The tyres were insta-heat before. Very unrealistic. Are you letting the tyres warm up?

That sounds confusing. The wheel degree of rotation was very small. A simple bit of turning the wheel too much started an oversteer and created more fighting the car than driving it.

Thanks for any feedback though. I will revisit tonight and see. I drove the car Zolder 67, Eggleston, Oakes Field for working on the dampers cause that's one bumpy track and by the way looks a ton better after making a Vao Patch for it, and Sandevoerde 73. I was more content with the way you could throw the car around more and not have to fight it as much. Although it still will get loose.

Last edited:
Ferrari 488 GT3 ACC convert by Masterkey | UPDATED | ( v1.00 )
Changelog :
1.0:
Visuals :
- Change of carbon pattern (from 2x1 to 1x1) and more PBR carbon tweaks.
- Motec behaviour improvements on pitlane.............

Great update MasterKey, getting closer to a full ACC grid :cheers:
In CM it still shows version .95 after deleting the old car(s) and installing. Guessing that was just overlooked?
cheers

Anyone else?
Yeah, I have to agree. It also feels/sounds sometimes as if the clutch is gone. Probably wheelspin before it gets audible.
Wanted to reverse to the previous version but then realised I had already replaced it with the new one in my backup...
@Beezer215 could you please repost the older version ? Link seems to be gone.

Anyone else?
Did some hotlaps around curvy Magione for this 'test'. It tends to break out from the rear with colder tires but I got the same experience as Beezer215 wrote --> After two/three laps at Magione its more planted and you can 'play' with the sliding of the car. It could also be that my driving is so slow that it never reaches the car limits?

Yeah, I have to agree. It also feels/sounds sometimes as if the clutch is gone. Probably wheelspin before it gets audible.
Wanted to reverse to the previous version but then realised I had already replaced it with the new one in my backup...
@Beezer215 could you please repost the older version ? Link seems to be gone.

I did what you did and overwrote my version but I've just looked and I have a backup from 7th march...is that the one you need or is there one between that and the latest one?
I'm gonna test this latest one out anyways but I'm doing skins for the Alfa TZ2 right now and I want to get those finished as I have a backlog of skins building up :nervous:

Wonder if it's a degree of rotation issue on my wheel. I don;t see how but I'll check it. I have the last version saved.
The car before had such loose dampers that the inside rear wheel from the axle was skipping across the ground. Do you guys think it comes down to steering?
The gear ratios were also 1-2-3 before you knew what was happening then 4 for a minute and then 5 if you needed it. I lengthened 1-2-3- to match 4 and 5. Also the diff was adjusted so that the power was raised from .1 to .15 curing a little bit of inside wheel spin while accelerating from a corner. It was worse before. Coast was raised slightly for braking stability and preload a little too. Not much at all though.
Let me find the version before this and run them back to back.

A huge issue that I had was that the tyres would heat up just pulling off the start. While this made for easy driving right off the bat, it wasn't very realistic. You need a good lap of easier driving until they get warmed up and then get on it.

Last edited:
This is a car that was getting passed around between a few of us quite a while ago before the world went all B-movie.
We kind of lost exactly where we were at with it during that time but it was slated for public testing here so is probably ripe for a low-key release.
Anyway, here it is, one of the best racecars ever to be caressed by a spanner: the Toyota Eagle Mk-III.
Changes are listed in the UI.
Capture.PNG
https://www.mediafire.com/file/oi7vp5zywnm02fa/toyota_eagle_mk3_gtp.7z/file

.../...The wheel degree of rotation was very small. A simple bit of turning the wheel too much started an oversteer and created more fighting the car than driving it.
.../...Do you guys think it comes down to steering?

As I feel it (DD wheel here), I could control the car much better in the previous version. Oversteer was easy to provoke, but also easier to control, which made it quite easy to take corners sideways if wanted/needed.
None of this in the new version: when she steps out, it's mostly finished, no way to recover.

Another retro drift mod re-work. Original drift mod by Tovey. I was working on polishing the handling set-ups and gear ratios but badly sprained my right knee which makes test drives a no go for the next copy of weeks, so consider this a beta. To offset this I've made the suspension set-up ranges quite broad, so if anyone comes up with a default setup they find ideal please feel free to let me know and I'll incorporate it in an update. Didn't keep track of all my changes but here's what I can remember:
  • two unique engine and suspension tunes
  • suspension settings modified for road courses
  • new tire sets
  • wheel swaps
  • additional lights
  • extraneous external pipes/hoses removed from model
  • paint colors changed to retro colors
  • 5 new competition liveries
  • bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now :indiff:
Hopefully this is good enough to enjoy for now and worse case it'll be a good grid filler for your retro races. Special thanks to @norms and the other forum members who are always willing to answer my questions. Constructive suggestions always welcome:cheers:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/d1wsy3bh7r59nf9/toy_celica_73.zip/file
toyota fuji grid.jpg
__custom_showroom_1587764105.jpg

Last edited:
As I feel it (DD wheel here), I could control the car much better in the previous version. Oversteer was easy to provoke, but also easier to control, which made it quite easy to take corners sideways if wanted/needed.
None of this in the new version: when she steps out, it's mostly finished, no way to recover.
Alright, thanks. We can't have it like that. Will amend what needs it and bring that back. I would hate to go back to tyres that heat up if you breath on them though. Must be within the diff or dampers because only thing different in tyres is the thermals, nothing in grip or tyre composition/structure.
Can you test any changes made?

Wonder if it's a degree of rotation issue on my wheel. I don;t see how but I'll check it. I have the last version saved.
The car before had such loose dampers that the inside rear wheel from the axle was skipping across the ground. Do you guys think it comes down to steering?
The gear ratios were also 1-2-3 before you knew what was happening then 4 for a minute and then 5 if you needed it. I lengthened 1-2-3- to match 4 and 5. Also the diff was adjusted so that the power was raised from .1 to .15 curing a little bit of inside wheel spin while accelerating from a corner. It was worse before. Coast was raised slightly for braking stability and preload a little too. Not much at all though.
Let me find the version before this and run them back to back.

A huge issue that I had was that the tyres would heat up just pulling off the start. While this made for easy driving right off the bat, it wasn't very realistic. You need a good lap of easier driving until they get warmed up and then get on it.
It's a shame, but in AC spec races the problem with needing a lap or two to warm up the tyres is that by that time, the AI have sailed off into the sunset never to be seen again. It's one of the reasons why the DRM Revival attracted so much criticism (before they patched it).
Even with tyre blankets and a light right foot the car rotates like on a central pivot for me. Maybe it is just a case of accelerating the tyre temps?
Also, not sure as I might have a config active, but I *think* the offside wing mirror is still flipped.

This is a car that was getting passed around between a few of us quite a while ago before the world went all B-movie.
We kind of lost exactly where we were at with it during that time but it was slated for public testing here so is probably ripe for a low-key release.
Anyway, here it is, one of the best racecars ever to be caressed by a spanner: the Toyota Eagle Mk-III.
View attachment 914292
Two classic Toyotas in one night! A fine evening indeed :gtpflag:

View attachment 914292

I was gonna drop this earlier but decided to just post some pics of it instead in the photo thread.
It's such a blast to drive and probably my favourite of any of the fast cars available for AC, it is properly fast and sticks like something to a blanket!!
What sound does this one use?

Also to anyone who grabs this there's 3 sets of tyres and the quali and slick tyres are as realistic as they can be and give you super sticky grip and make proper use of the 20 tonnes of downforce - well 10,000lbs or whatever it was meant to have. So if you want it to be a bit slidey in the corners then use the 3rd set.
Oh yeah, there's also 2 non-standard skins in here that I did for it to add a bit of spice, but I couldn't get the 98 car done because of the way the skin is set up. But if anyone really wants it I can try and make that one.

Another retro drift mod re-work. Original drift mod by Tovey. I was working on polishing the handling set-ups and gear ratios but badly sprained my right knee which makes test drives a no go for the next copy of weeks, so consider this a beta. To offset this I've made the suspension set-up ranges quite broad, so if anyone comes up with a default setup they find ideal please feel free to let me know and I'll incorporate it in an update. Didn't keep track of all my changes but here's what I can remember:
  • two unique engine and suspension tunes
  • suspension settings modified for road courses
  • new tire sets
  • wheel swaps
  • extraneous external pipes/hoses removed from model
  • paint colors changed to retro colors
  • 5 new competition liveries
  • bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now :indiff:
Hopefully this is good enough to enjoy for now and worse case it'll be a good grid filler for your retro races. Special to thanks to @norms and the other forum members who are always willing to answer my questions. Constructive suggestions always welcome:cheers:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/d1wsy3bh7r59nf9/toy_celica_73.zip/file
View attachment 914294 View attachment 914295
Please keep the grip tunes for drift cars coming, it's a target-rich area. So many sexy designs all ruined by silly slippy-slidy physics requiring side-window gazing and a wispy bum-fluff moustache.

It's a shame, but in AC spec races the problem with needing a lap or two to warm up the tyres is that by that time, the AI have sailed off into the sunset never to be seen again. It's one of the reasons why the DRM Revival attracted so much criticism.
Even with tyre blankets and a light right foot the car rotates like on a central pivot for me. Maybe it is just a case of accelerating the tyre temps?
Also, not sure as I might have a config active, but I *think* the offside wing mirror is still flipped.
Right. And that's why I worked on the thermals for the DRM cars too. The cooling factor is too high and the tyres can never hold any heat.
I think we can find a medium to where the tyres heat up within the first lap and not after or within the second lap.
Really touchy car. Little changes produce big results. I'm trying to make people happy that have messaged me on facebook saying the tyres are unrealistic and the rear axle is skipping do to bad damping and then "screw" the car up for people who liked it elsewhere. A little bit of damned if you do and damned if you don't.
I'll message you revision to try before putting it out in public.

@GzeroD any chance you'll be able to fix the steering wheel alignment on the GT4 mustang? it's off-center and idk how to fix that myself haha. Would love to have it in my next update of your mod (you're also welcome to post my changes [data from the real gt4's] on your site if you wish since I'm borrowing your mod anyway. Side note, are the front and rear wheels the same size? for whatever reason, and it might be me but the rear looks slightly larger than the front, something i could probably correct in 3dsmax but figured i'd ask.
I plan to deprecate the Mustang, it's the only GT4 I've done, threw it together for my League as a quick match for the Kunos GT4s.
But I'll fix the things you mentioned and pass the baton so to speak.

I plan to deprecate the Mustang, it's the only GT4 I've done, threw it together for my League as a quick match for the Kunos GT4s.
But I'll fix the things you mentioned and pass the baton so to speak.

Much appreciated! We use this mod in conjunction with the rest of the guerilla gt4's. since their stuff is locked, and the mustang is pretty far off from accurate data this was our way around it. It's a fantastic mod (even before my changes) and when there was nothing out there, i can definitely say I appreciate the fact you made it!

there seems to be confusion about the fm converts, here are my latest versions of them Rio 0.5 Prague 0.4 LeMans 1.6 Bugatti 1.0 Alps 1.8 (arcade addon), provided by masscot in this post: MapleValley 0.9

i already have 2 version of prague (and to one of them i made months ago own replay cameras when with the basic conversion there's no replay cam). I also have a version with something made by Mascot. The latest version you uploaded here (v0.4) have also stuff made by him or not? Just to know which one is the "real" latest version. Thanks :)

View attachment 914292

I have a newer version of this. It wanted to update a car already in my collection. This is 0.95 version, and i have a 1.1 version installed. Don't know where i got it from.

Edit: Ah, i see now, it's from Simdream. Another "original" mod from them, that they charge money for. Unbelievable.

Since we are sharing early 90s group C mods, if anybody missed it, Dan Bucsa updated his Nissan R91CP this week. It is a beast of car, drives excellently, and as all his mods, looks great, if anybody didn't try it yet:

https://www.facebook.com/AssettoCorsaORS/media_set/?set=a.2395862943760256

I have a newer version of this. It wanted to update a car already in my collection. This is 0.95 version, and i have a 1.1 version installed. Don't know where i got it from.

Edit: Ah, i see now, it's from Simdream. Another "original" mod from them, that they charge money for. Unbelievable.

Since we are sharing early 90s group C mods, if anybody missed it, Dan Bucsa updated his Nissan R91CP this week. It is a beast of car, drives excellently, and as all his mods, looks great, if anybody didn't try it yet:

Trust me when I say you will want this version :D

This Eagle shouldn't overwrite any others in your collection so the version numbers are meaningless between different cars.
That link of yours just goes to a photo album?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back