Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,037 comments
Rev up the engine, and while the accelerator is engaged, shift into 1st. That should get you going. Once you're going, all you need is any RPMs in order to keep going. If you happen to come to a complete stop, you must shift back to Neutral and depress the accelerator again before shifting into 1st.
Thanks mate. Guess I was just too thick (as predicted) ahah.

__custom_showroom_1589226410.jpg

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss_gtn-porsche-ngt-74-paragon-skin-from-fia-gt-2003.32935/

Last edited:
I only tried the Cosmic Motors Gravion in one track, Nardo, and it made my wheel vibrate like crazy, beyond anything I've tried before. I was so afraid, in fact, that I deleted it.

I only tried the Cosmic Motors Gravion in one track, Nardo, and it made my wheel rumble like crazy. I was so afraid, in fact, that I deleted it.
Yeah, it's an interesting project and kind of fun in VR but it's certainly not a car that enjoys going in a straight line.

Looking good mate but those RTB trees are badly letting it down IMO. They look lifted from the original rFactor, and too many of them are mirrored vertically down the trunk. Can you not borrow some better ones from other tracks?
Fully agree, but I did not want to be 'that' guy... :D

GPL has a F1 1969 mod i was just wondering if it had been converted to assetto corsa at some point?

Also, is there a F1 1970 season available anywhere? We seem to be jumping from 1967 to 1971.:(

Its been there for a long time.

https://perendinator.blogspot.com/2019/07/formula-f500ci.html
Formula F500ci

Formula 5000, last of the high wings, re-imagined as 500 cubic inch monsters.

GzeroD:
I love your cars, thanks. I understand that the quickest way around is manual shifting. Fact is that automatic lets me enjoy the action and scene and race moves a little more than concentrating on mechanics. Then when I'm mad at somebody (unrelated to racing) I get serious and want the grind of self shifting around Monaco. Haha. Please...if you can update the 312_68 automatic downshifting or tell me which line to play with (numbers up or down meanings in a certain line) inside the drivetrain.ini I'd be grateful to you.

Fix is in in today's upload or copypasta between the lines into drivetrain.ini, which can be found in the car's data folder.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[HEADER]
VERSION=3

[TRACTION]
TYPE=RWD

[GEARS]
COUNT=5
GEAR_R=-3.818

GEAR_1=2.4286
GEAR_2=1.875
GEAR_3=1.400
GEAR_4=1.1429
GEAR_5=1.000
FINAL=4.286

[DIFFERENTIAL]
POWER=0.30
COAST=0.15
PRELOAD=5

[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=127
CHANGE_DN_TIME=240
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=127
SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1
VALID_SHIFT_RPM_WINDOW=1200
CONTROLS_WINDOW_GAIN=0.1
INERTIA=0.019

[CLUTCH]
MAX_TORQUE=600

[AUTOCLUTCH]
UPSHIFT_PROFILE=NONE
DOWNSHIFT_PROFILE=DOWNSHIFT_PROFILE
USE_ON_CHANGES=0
MIN_RPM=100
MAX_RPM=3000

[DOWNSHIFT_PROFILE]
POINT_0=2 ; Time to reach fully depress clutch
POINT_1=12 ; Time to start releasing clutch
POINT_2=240 ; Time to reach fully released clutch

[AUTOBLIP]
ELECTRONIC=0 ; If =1 then it is a feature of the car and cannot be disabled
POINT_0=12 ; Time to reach full level
POINT_1=42 ; Time to start releasing gas
POINT_2=162 ; Time to reach 0 gas
LEVEL=1.0 ; Gas level to be reached

[DAMAGE]
RPM_WINDOW_K=10

[AUTO_SHIFTER]
UP=10600
DOWN=7800
SLIP_THRESHOLD=0.96
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.127
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They're not great. One of my biggest annoyances when skinning billboards is to find that the same texture is UV mapped to several billboards that have different proportions, meaning that stretching, squashing (and often, clipping) of the artwork is guaranteed. It looks crap and would keep sponsor brand managers awake at night. This can't be fixed without redoing the UV mapping in a 3D prog, which is a pain in the ass and not usually worth the hassle on tracks with bigger problems. So - they are what they are.
They are better than they were :-) and that balloon fiesta looks great

Hello, any track mods of...

- Silverstone layout 1997-2009
- Nürburgring layout 1998 w/ Castrol 'S'
- Monza 1995-1999 layout (lower apex)
- Spa-Francorchamps w/ Bus stop, early 2000's

?

Sorry for inconvenience... I'm just learning to mod.

Maybe I'm a bit thick but the FW15C just doesn't work for me......

Yeah for me the FW15C just wheelspins and doesn't want to go....

This car is special version! This is CVT gearbox "simulation". ....

Its been there for a long time.

Formula 5000, last of the high wings, re-imagined as 500 cubic inch monsters.

I see you may have sorted the Williams, I hope you both are able to drive it now.

Yeah it is a far from ideal hack to get the CVT to work, and the sound whilst not very good is surprisingly close to what I imagine it really would be. (It's my first and only foray into FMOD)

Timing, see next post.

Last edited:
Hello friends, after almost 4 or 5 months, modifying some things every day, here is the list of F1 mods, everything that was purchased, downloaded from friends "by Legion" and "by Predinator", then transformed, added skins, modified some files, like "ui.car", "of the DATA folder, the" power "file, to be in line with the times of the time, based on the Monza, Silverstone and Monte Carlo circuits, real photos of the cars in each season, not all, just what I was able to find on the internet, I created new "livery" files, the cars I didn't have, I took as a base some other similar one and modified the painting according to the car, I changed the file "DRIVER3D", original of the game, by, "driver_pudding", old version, the new one that was made available "by Legion, I would have to modify, all the files I had already created," driver_skidlid ", for the cars of the 50s and 51. There is still a lack of adjustment for the 1950 and 1951 seasons, there will certainly be errors. The 1972 mod, which I will try to do, in what I can, because I don't have it and I don't know how to work "yet", who knows in the future, I intend to make the skin of Marlboro BRM, on top of the 1971 McLaren, which has the air intake , Yardley McLaren, just change the "orange" skin, by Yardley, who knows, based on the BRM itself, Tyrrell cannot change, the end of season version, we only have it in other games, and I don't know how to convert . March, I also don’t know how to take the beak out high, and put one similar to Tyrrell’s. Surtees, maybe take the 75 version, and change the skin. To Brabham, I'm going to make the skin, on top of Surtees 71, or Lotus 72D, Matra Simca, the same problem, I can't add the "Tyrrell style" nozzle. Ferrari, pretty much the same.

Attachments

• cars 11_05_2020 20_58_52.png
    cars 11_05_2020 20_58_52.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 119
  • cars 11_05_2020 20_59_11.png
    cars 11_05_2020 20_59_11.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 105
  • cars 11_05_2020 20_59_26.png
    cars 11_05_2020 20_59_26.png
    30 KB · Views: 94
  • cars 11_05_2020 20_59_43.png
    cars 11_05_2020 20_59_43.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 88
  • cars 11_05_2020 21_00_01.png
    cars 11_05_2020 21_00_01.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 83
  • cars 11_05_2020 21_00_22.png
    cars 11_05_2020 21_00_22.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 89
  • cars 11_05_2020 21_00_45.png
    cars 11_05_2020 21_00_45.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 97
Hello friends, after almost 4 or 5 months, modifying some things every day, here is the list of F1 mods, everything that was purchased, downloaded from friends "by Legion" and "by Predinator", then transformed, added skins, modified some files, like "ui.car", "of the DATA folder, the" power "file, to be in line with the times of the time, based on the Monza, Silverstone and Monte Carlo circuits, real photos of the cars in each season, not all, just what I was able to find on the internet, I created new "livery" files, the cars I didn't have, I took as a base some other similar one and modified the painting according to the car, I changed the file "DRIVER3D", original of the game, by, "driver_pudding", old version, the new one that was made available "by Legion, I would have to modify, all the files I had already created," driver_skidlid ", for the cars of the 50s and 51. There is still a lack of adjustment for the 1950 and 1951 seasons, there will certainly be errors. The 1972 mod, which I will try to do, in what I can, because I don't have it and I don't know how to work "yet", who knows in the future, I intend to make the skin of Marlboro BRM, on top of the 1971 McLaren, which has the air intake , Yardley McLaren, just change the "orange" skin, by Yardley, who knows, based on the BRM itself, Tyrrell cannot change, the end of season version, we only have it in other games, and I don't know how to convert . March, I also don’t know how to take the beak out high, and put one similar to Tyrrell’s. Surtees, maybe take the 75 version, and change the skin. To Brabham, I'm going to make the skin, on top of Surtees 71, or Lotus 72D, Matra Simca, the same problem, I can't add the "Tyrrell style" nozzle. Ferrari, pretty much the same.
WOW!!!!!!!!! Amazing, awesome, fantastic!

Release: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series - Version 1.0

A collaboration by Sylana, UolterUait, MrB00 and dragster666

Screenshot-mercedes-sls-bs-willow-springs-11-5-120-18-59-1.jpg

!! Content Manager + Custom Shaders Patch recommended !!

Features:
- PBR materials
- Functional GPS/Navigation
- Working animations: Wipers, Doors, Hood and Trunk
- Special colors
- 3D License plate

Known bugs:
- Small gaps between doors, headlights, front/rear windows and the body

Credits:
- Kunos (Base model)
- EA/Ghost Games (Car model from NFS Rivals)
- Sylana (Conversion)
- UolterUait (Skins and textures)
- dragster666 (Physics)
- MrB00 (Skins)

If you find any bugs or have any advice to improve it, please tell me or UolterUait about that :)

Enjoy! :gtpflag:

Small update for the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series

Changelog:
  • New kn5 file
  • Set ksEmissive for the GPS

Please replace the old kn5 file with the new one

First off, fantastic job on this car! I've always loved the Black Series and it drives beautifully!! I see myself driving hundreds of miles around the canyons in this one :D

Buuut with that said, there's just one small issue. It looks fine for me in the showroom, but in-game, the lights are broken. I'm on the latest CSP (.55) btw, and I did update the KN5

01.png
02.png

EDIT: Removed links to outdated version.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in this but this is an expanded list of drivers names with nationalities. Countries are alphabetized and drivers are alphabetized under each country. That's my limit of ability to be able to contribute to the community at this point. I'm still struggling to get AC/Steam to leave the file alone but I will continue to fight with it so I can at least get some familiar names in my races. Just remove the .txt.

Attachments

• NationalitiesAndNames.json.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 32
Quick (stoopid) question: I accidentally turned off "automatic updates" in CM, so when I go to update it, it says I can only do so manually. Problem is, I can't find the "turn ON automatic updates". I must be blind. Help please.

Could someone tell me, what is the abbreviation of the following countries, to appear the right flag, when I enter a race, by the "content manager"? I even looked for UN abbreviations, etc., but it doesn't work. They are from Germany and Argentina, I already put everything. Thank you very much in advance.

F5000 and F1 are 2 different animal.
Derp, should have known that.

I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in this but this is an expanded list of drivers names with nationalities. Countries are alphabetized and drivers are alphabetized under each country. That's my limit of ability to be able to contribute to the community at this point. I'm still struggling to get AC/Steam to leave the file alone but I will continue to fight with it so I can at least get some familiar names in my races. Just remove the .txt.
Does it work? The last one gave me - AI #1, AI #2 and so on. Suppose it's worth a shot seeing as it's still broke.
m0158.gif

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back