Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,442 comments
Most of the time I play with the values of Sol, the sky "resets" and while it feels different, next value I change resets the sky again. Each of this sky reset has different clouds and, hence, different colour temperatures, so it's not very useful for actually comparing what you are doing.
Is this the same on everyone's game?

Ok I found the culprit. In order to enjoy the ppfilter I use, I have to increment the black level in SOL. Maibe is a bug, if I set it to 0, as default, then the yellow crap does not happen.
So I will tone down the sun. Could you tell me your sun settings to have a starting point?

Edit: Nevermind, I just set godrays disabled and getting the same yellow horror.
Edit: No I set the black level to 0 in SOL and still the same yellow horror.

Run out of ideas, maibe it only happens in Mugello.
What version of SOL are you using? I upgraded to 16 and then had to downgrade as it was causing lots of weird glitches and problems with black screens when using certain ppfilters like A3pp which is the main one I use.

Most of the time I play with the values of Sol, the sky "resets" and while it feels different, next value I change resets the sky again. Each of this sky reset has different clouds and, hence, different colour temperatures, so it's not very useful for actually comparing what you are doing.
Is this the same on everyone's game?
Yes, it's very annoying. It really does need a freeze function where everything stays constant while you only change one variable.
I find a track like Brands where I can sit on the track and the sun goes behind trees and I can fine tune the rays and glare all while changing the time of day. The clouds change but at least you can keep changing them to get a feel for what's going on.

What version of SOL are you using? I upgraded to 16 and then had to downgrade as it was causing lots of weird glitches and problems with black screens when using certain ppfilters like A3pp which is the main one I use.
Do NOT use 1.6 yet. I had to get rid of that too. It didn't look good at all to me. I lost 3D clouds and like you said, ppfilters were all off.

Thanks a lot for all the work and passion you put in old Monza.
Really appreciated :)

Do you plan to erase the old curve unused for a better reading of the track?

In 72 and 73 the old curve was used by motorbikes, and they didn't destroyed it, it was from 74, I will see but i'm not sur honestly.

1.5.1. I will try the sun in other tracks, maibe is only happening in this mugello track.

If you said twice, it might be only at Mugello, why dont you try another track? That way, you could make another test, uninstall your Mugello version and install a different Mugello. I believe it worth a try. I hope it is a track bug and all is alright with your settings.

Cheers

Yes I will do that. Is there a version of Mugello considered the best?
Edit: Oh I forgot Mugello is a Kunos track!

Last edited:
soon :)

96517152_2409194042517130_5236613427966771200_o.jpg
panoz.jpg

Hello, any track mods of...

- Silverstone layout 1997-2009
- Nürburgring layout 1998 w/ Castrol 'S'
- Monza 1995-1999 layout (lower apex)
- Spa-Francorchamps w/ Bus stop, early 2000's

?

Sorry for inconvenience... I'm just learning to mod.

There is an ACFL Silverstone 2004 and Silverstone1999 from unknown author .
I think the basic is the same, but the 1999 has better textures, and cameras

Nurburgring 2001 is part of the GP4 conversions pack (with imola, hungaroring and magny cours)
https://f1classic.forumotion.com/t20093-gp4-conversions

Spa has the same track layout from 1983 to 2001. Only the pit entries are different (and there is a chicane in Eau Rouge in 94).
So I think you can find it in the 1988's track pack, i haven't got it. (I have a version called Spa92)

In 2002 the exit of the bus stop was faster, and from 2004 to 2006 it modified.
https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/belgium/spa-francorchamps.html

I didn't saw Monza 95-99 in Assetto. I only have the 1988 and older version

Hello friends, after almost 4 or 5 months, modifying some things every day, here is the list of F1 mods, everything that was purchased, downloaded from friends "by Legion" and "by Predinator", then transformed, added skins, modified some files, like "ui.car", "of the DATA folder, the" power "file, to be in line with the times of the time, based on the Monza, Silverstone and Monte Carlo circuits, real photos of the cars in each season, not all, just what I was able to find on the internet, I created new "livery" files, the cars I didn't have, I took as a base some other similar one and modified the painting according to the car, I changed the file "DRIVER3D", original of the game, by, "driver_pudding", old version, the new one that was made available "by Legion, I would have to modify, all the files I had already created," driver_skidlid ", for the cars of the 50s and 51. There is still a lack of adjustment for the 1950 and 1951 seasons, there will certainly be errors. The 1972 mod, which I will try to do, in what I can, because I don't have it and I don't know how to work "yet", who knows in the future, I intend to make the skin of Marlboro BRM, on top of the 1971 McLaren, which has the air intake , Yardley McLaren, just change the "orange" skin, by Yardley, who knows, based on the BRM itself, Tyrrell cannot change, the end of season version, we only have it in other games, and I don't know how to convert . March, I also don’t know how to take the beak out high, and put one similar to Tyrrell’s. Surtees, maybe take the 75 version, and change the skin. To Brabham, I'm going to make the skin, on top of Surtees 71, or Lotus 72D, Matra Simca, the same problem, I can't add the "Tyrrell style" nozzle. Ferrari, pretty much the same.
... would love to try out a few of these ... ;););)

Guys, I have around 1700 tracks for the first rFactor, how can I convert and smooth?

It has all types and countries like Race 07, STCC, BTCC, all F1 ever, all Indy ever, lots of fantasy, GTR, GTL, GTR2, etc.

My previous downfall was Race 07 with all GTR Evolution packs and 300gb of circuit and car mods...
Mi anterior perdición fue Race 07 con todos los paquetes GTR Evolution y 300 gb de mods de circuitos y coches...

Porsche 911 996.2 GT3 (2004)

v0.91

- slightly reduced wheel and tyre sizes
- polished wheels a little
- re-mapped and re-textured brake discs
- removed racing slick tyres
- added street and semi-slick tyres, semi slick set as default
- corrected brake caliper shader
- corrected broken wheel blur on rear wheel
- wipers now work on lod_b
- improved LOD's again
- 4 new Gulf skins added by racealot

v0.97

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9nf099txfetelzd/nrms_porsche_996_gt3_2004.7z/file

:cheers:

Last edited:
There is an ACFL Silverstone 2004 and Silverstone1999 from unknown author .
I think the basic is the same, but the 1999 has better textures, and cameras

Nurburgring 2001 is part of the GP4 conversions pack (with imola, hungaroring and magny cours)
https://f1classic.forumotion.com/t20093-gp4-conversions

Spa has the same track layout from 1983 to 2001. Only the pit entries are different (and there is a chicane in Eau Rouge in 94).
So I think you can find it in the 1988's track pack, i haven't got it. (I have a version called Spa92)

In 2002 the exit of the bus stop was faster, and from 2004 to 2006 it modified.
https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/belgium/spa-francorchamps.html

I didn't saw Monza 95-99 in Assetto. I only have the 1988 and older version
Thank you very much! I will test right now.

My previous downfall was Race 07 with all GTR Evolution packs and 300gb of circuit and car mods...
Mi anterior perdición fue Race 07 con todos los paquetes GTR Evolution y 300 gb de mods de circuitos y coches...
Do you know how to convert tracks from rFactor and Race 07 to AC?

Porsche 911 966.2 GT3 (2004)

v0.91

- improved LOD's again
- 4 new skins Gulf skins added by racealot

https://mega.nz/file/JIxSRahS#27uKGsGk-O07L_D9Yn_GMPI-J8R1BHu9m1b3whYa1Vc

Can't wait to drive this!

v0.91

- improved LOD's again

Thanks for doing this and getting the tires closer to reality

v0.91

- improved LOD's again

Gorgeous work!

I won't get to test it as quickly as you post the mods
but i keep downloading mods
the next rainy day is sure to come

THX for your great work!! 👍

Godrays are within the PPFilter code. Content/Miscellaneous/PPFilter.
This will not affect the look of the ppfilter itself but will tone down the sun when in direct view. As you said though, you changed filters and it still did the same so I don't know. Something's going on. I have mine set so that the sun will do a little blinding when directly ahead just as you have but not THAT strong.
Weird that this is being discussed today. I'm suddenly getting God Rays in VR having never knowingly activated them.
All I did today was reinstall my GPU drivers after a random black screen event triggered by a track.
Weird.

Weird that this is being discussed today. I'm suddenly getting God Rays in VR having never knowingly activated them.
All I did today was reinstall my GPU drivers after a random black screen event triggered by a track.
Weird.
I think they are great while others want nothing to do with them. I like environmental stimuli. :P

Mine have gone missing - can I have them back please?
Start with Length = 10. Attenuation = 5. Glare Ratio for blinding or unblinding, start at 0.025 and go up or down. Diffraction ring to make the ring around the sun. You probably know all this from the last go round though.
s1021.gif

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back