Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,024 comments
I raised this question earlier about the BMW M1 here. Compared the Bazza and Delta7Fox versions and came to the conclusion (IMO, of course) that the version of Delta7Fox is most likely an improved version of the Bazza's ACL BMW M1 (maybe it's the same model from pCars): the сar models are identical and the difference is only in some physics, sfx and vfx moments like AO, skins etc.
So, here you just choose what you like best.

The ACP version I see for the first time, take some time to test it.
Thanks for sharing, Fanapryde! :)

For me the Bazza one is a masterpiece driving wise. The only problem is it only has 1 LOD, so it's a bit of strain on the FPS if you put a lot of them on a track.

I've try to made LODs by this tutorial and, you know, that's way not so bad. For example, made a couple of LODs now for Delta7Fox version (see attachments).
270234 -> 44092 -> 35385 triangles as a result.
Of course, you can make smoother and more correct mesh merging settings and make less sharp transitions in quality.
Therefore, as I said, this is just an example of the fact that LODs are not so difficult to create.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 2.png
    2.png
    44 KB · Views: 73
  • 3.png
    3.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 72

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    44.4 KB · Views: 18
Does anyone know if a lights config is available for acu Miami Bayside? Can't find one anywhere, discord etc and I am sure it will look incredible at night.

I raised this question earlier about the BMW M1 here. Compared the Bazza and Delta7Fox versions and came to the conclusion (IMO, of course) that the version of Delta7Fox is most likely an improved version of the Bazza's ACL BMW M1 (maybe it's the same model from pCars): the сar models are identical and the difference is only in some physics, sfx and vfx moments like AO, skins etc.
So, here you just choose what you like best.

The ACP version I see for the first time, take some time to test it.
Thanks for sharing, Fanapryde! :)

I've try to made LODs by this tutorial and, you know, that's way not so bad. For example, made a couple of LODs now for Delta7Fox version (see attachments).
270234 -> 44092 -> 35385 triangles as a result.
Of course, you can make smoother and more correct mesh merging settings and make less sharp transitions in quality.
Therefore, as I said, this is just an example of the fact that LODs are not so difficult to create.
OK. Thanks. I will look into it when I get more time. Rather busy at the moment, get only an hour or so a day for AC and want to use it for actual driving. Can you upload your LODs please, as they seem perfectly fine to me. Want to give them a try.

@ParanoidDoge , I didn't just switch the rims, but also reworked the car a bit :)
- Added AO to the main body and some body parts
- New rims (Obviously)
- New skins
- Added LODs
- Physics changed (CM said it had over 2100 bhp before, wtf), so some datas are taken from Plymouth Superbird posted before (they're same cars anyways)
- Shaders edited

Feel free to edit the mod further, I only did the basics. Tested it on the track, all working 👍

View attachment 928351

https://sharemods.com/zitd26uozco3/Plymouth_Road_Runner_reworked.7z.html

Mate you're the best. Thanks a lot :cheers:

Guess I'll use 3DSMax next time.

@PepperoniAC24 good tips, but not everybody knows how to do all this...I don't... :D
In ac/content/cars/name_of_the_car/skins/name_of_the_skin, you got all the files related to one skin for the car you want to change.
In the skin's folder of the car, there is some *.dds files, use a software that open dds files, like photoshop with nvidia applet or something like xnview, a free software.
Then change resolution of the file you want to change: driver_suit, gloves, car_skin etc

How to do that, open the dds file, then picture/resize
You got something like width 4096, height 4096
You put other values like 2048, 2048
Then you save, you now got a file with half the size in resolution and 5 times less in Mo!

Stantard resolution are like this:

128x128
256x256
512x512
1024x1024
2048x2048
4096x4096
8192x8192

For exterior of the car, good compromise: 2048x2048, i will never go under 1024x1024 for the exterior of the car, or i think you loose too much details and under 1024x1024 on a 32 inchs, you will see it.

But if like me, you don't use the pilot, don't see your hands and only see gloves and driver's suit for your opponents,
512x512 for the suit and 256x256 for gloves it's really ok, i got files of 25Ko instead of 44Mo in certain case!
And visually, i do not notice anything at all!

It's an easy change to do, it could take some time if you got a lot of cars to change, but i think it worth it, for me it's a game changer, i do not lie when i said that i could race with 28 cars instead of 9 (how much for those who can already run race with 20 or 30 cars?) ! On track in max setting instead of high and for no price at all in term of visual appareance.

Also, do it case by case, for example, in my case, in some car's class, i use always the same car with the same skin, so for this car, for the interior for example, i will put a better resolution, because the cockpit and all its details are important for me, but for all the other car, i don't care of their cockpit, i do not see their odometer when i overtake them or follow them, so a smaller resolution for them, sometime something really, really small, who care of something he will never see at all?

Hope it could help you, if you got questions do not hesitate ;)

OK. Thanks. I will look into it when I get more time. Rather busy at the moment, get only an hour or so a day for AC and want to use it for actual driving. Can you upload your LODs please, as they seem perfectly fine to me. Want to give them a try.

No problem! Upload in attach here. In .zip you will find lod.ini (you can adjust the distance as you wish) in data folder and two LODs.

No need to make LODs if it is a Pcars convert as Pcars' files include LODs.

Thanks for tip!
In CM showroom didn't found any LODs for this M1, in the car folder - too, so this is why I decided to make them. Maybe you're right, but I'm not quite good at modding yet. :)

Attachments

• bmw_m1_m88.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Nice! I Live in London, and have always wanted the London track from GT5 in AC.

The Gran Turismo games always had some very interesting and unique city tracks:
  • Citta di Aria (Assisi): GT4
  • Hong Kong: GT4
  • London: GT5, GT6
  • Madrid: GT5, GT6
  • New York: GT4
  • Paris: GT4
  • Rome: GT5, GT6
  • Seattle: GT4
  • Seoul: GT4
  • Tokyo 246: GT4, GT5, GT6
  • Las Vegas: GT4
And the partly city track of Costa di Amalfi in GT4.

AFAIK we only have Seattle and Toyko 246 in AC (and the last one is not even close). It would be really nice to drive some of these tracks with AC-physics and in VR.

I am trying to do all versions of this particular team, if i can get a hold of the others i plan on doing them too, but i'm still collecting photos in pinterest.
Best of luck man. Looking really really good so far, JGTC Mclaren F1s are the best.

Speaking of other teams, I think there is a JGTC skin pack on RaceDepartment that contains the 2000 jgtc skin for the Kunos F1 GTR... maybe that will help you?

:https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jgtc-2000-season-skin-pack.22200/

bgr00.jpg

Cascavel (Brazil) - Reworked by VheEth

Autódromo Internacional de Cascavel - Version 0.9

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: https://www.erleague.com.br/

CHANGELOG
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New sponsor boards, people, trees and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- New AI Line by LiquidSkyMan
- Various fix by Foxeway
- Added the VAO file

DOWLOAD LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vxrb8cs3jt0xrua/vhe_cascavel_0.9.rar/file

@ParanoidDoge , I didn't just switch the rims, but also reworked the car a bit :)
- Added AO to the main body and some body parts
- New rims (Obviously)
- New skins
- Added LODs
- Physics changed (CM said it had over 2100 bhp before, wtf), so some datas are taken from Plymouth Superbird posted before (they're same cars anyways)
- Shaders edited

Feel free to edit the mod further, I only did the basics. Tested it on the track, all working 👍

View attachment 928351

https://sharemods.com/zitd26uozco3/Plymouth_Road_Runner_reworked.7z.html
Thanks Sylana!
2100 horsepower is for tugboats.

I accept your apologies !, don't worry !, case closed! I'm glad I solved it :cheers:
So while you're here, what's the deal with the Formula Ford 1600? Looks like a GTR2 convert. Is that yours?
What's the thought process of locking the car away for 1500 subscribers? Is it for more fame and glory? Not sure I understand seeing as a Formula Ford 1600 might not get you to the top of Mount Assetto Corsa.

Edit: At the time of writing this, we're at 120 subscribers.

The Gran Turismo games always had some very interesting and unique city tracks:
  • Citta di Aria (Assisi): GT4
  • Hong Kong: GT4
  • London: GT5, GT6
  • Madrid: GT5, GT6
  • New York: GT4
  • Paris: GT4
  • Rome: GT5, GT6
  • Seattle: GT4
  • Seoul: GT4
  • Tokyo 246: GT4, GT5, GT6
  • Las Vegas: GT4
And the partly city track of Costa di Amalfi in GT4.

AFAIK we only have Seattle and Toyko 246 in AC (and the last one is not even close). It would be really nice to drive some of these tracks with AC-physics and in VR.

Don't forget Rome from Gran Turismo 2, it kicks the ass of GT5-6 Rome

Does anyone have the skills to make a no chicane version for terra21 and Jim's le mans 1991 track? I know we have other versions without the chicanes but none between modern and 67 that I know of, have looked everywhere but can't find one. Cheers

There is a Le Mans 72-85 done by VLM, the same team that did 91-96, for rFactor 1, sadly no one converted it, I could try but without ai.

I am trying to do all versions of this particular team, if i can get a hold of the others i plan on doing them too, but i'm still collecting photos in pinterest.

If you want a templte of the macca, I can do for you a psd with the wireframe and the shadowmap

Best of luck man. Looking really really good so far, JGTC Mclaren F1s are the best.

Speaking of other teams, I think there is a JGTC skin pack on RaceDepartment that contains the 2000 jgtc skin for the Kunos F1 GTR... maybe that will help you?

:https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jgtc-2000-season-skin-pack.22200/
Yeah i´ve seen that pack, it only consists of 2 F1 and they are shortail, so not accurate. If i have the time I will convert and enhance them to fit the Longtail.

If you want a templte of the macca, I can do for you a psd with the wireframe and the shadowmap
Thx, but the only problem i had was with the AO as with me CM usually quits on that process. I usually bypass the templates altogether and paint directly in 3D. The only exception is on the encrypted models which i am unable to open.

I notified Sergio about the potential Grass issue some people had, as well as the bumpiness of the road mesh - new update with changed color configs for Vegetation and optional 2nd road mesh now available:

Appears to have been a config/CSP issue of some sort.

upload_2020-6-8_11-57-22.png

upload_2020-6-8_11-57-22.png 20200607203925_1.jpg 20200607203915_1.jpg 20200607203935_1.jpg

After searching and failing to find a late 80s Le Mans with the Mulsanne straight still intact I learned how to make a simple edit of Jim Lloyd and terras Le Mans 1991 with Jim's permission today. Link is below incase anyone else wants to race the late 80s groupc cars around here as I have been wanting to do.

Found a few issues I don't know how to fix yet, feel free to fix and improve, I will try next time I get chance.

All credits to Jim and Terra21

Le Mans 1989
Includes the lights config and some le mans balloons by Masscot of course

https://mega.nz/file/OhtjyJiD#NVDFocYsh4MqJb-BRKs3tV3QZplQvFmwef7_xZfT4nI

Give me some feedback to improve the Brazilian tracks. They are several and I can't always test them all. Thank you very much.
For alternative layouts of the tracks volunteers are needed to make the new AI lines. It would be nice to expand the project.
Can you get the brazilian track called Mega Space? This is a huge one.

View attachment 928404

Cascavel (Brazil) - Reworked by VheEth

Autódromo Internacional de Cascavel - Version 0.9

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: https://www.erleague.com.br/

CHANGELOG
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New sponsor boards, people, trees and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- New AI Line by LiquidSkyMan
- Various fix by Foxeway
- Added the VAO file

DOWLOAD LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vxrb8cs3jt0xrua/vhe_cascavel_0.9.rar/file

2 extra track cameras.

Won't overwrite one in there already.

I too really like to toned down colours and the tracks so far have a really nice sheen to them, if that makes sense, makes the lights pop.

Screenshot_tn_vento_vhe_cascavel_8-6-120-18-0-52.jpg

Attachments

• cavcam.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 56
Just tested Rouen updated Sergio's version. Green tone looks ok now and the optional low road mesh is perfect. Still bumpy but not too much.
Thanks to him.

After searching and failing to find a late 80s Le Mans with the Mulsanne straight still intact I learned how to make a simple edit of Jim Lloyd and terras Le Mans 1991 with Jim's permission today. Link is below incase anyone else wants to race the late 80s groupc cars around here as I have been wanting to do.

Found a few issues I don't know how to fix yet, feel free to fix and improve, I will try next time I get chance.

All credits to Jim and Terra21

Le Mans 1989
Includes the lights config and some le mans balloons by Masscot of course

https://mega.nz/file/OhtjyJiD#NVDFocYsh4MqJb-BRKs3tV3QZplQvFmwef7_xZfT4nI

Coolness KJ. So, here's an updated map file with the chicanes removed.

You can fix the transparency issues on the flags and spectators by changing the alpha properties in 3dsimed. You may have noticed their backgrounds are black and not transp. Try and fix it. If you end up unable to fix it, let me know. I don't mind opening her up, but I don't want to duplicate work. Good luck.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back