Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,075 comments
Hey guys, we teased this a LONG time ago and it's finally ready for release. Here is version 1.0 of the Mazda MX-5 NC GT4 tune.

View attachment 961865

I started working on this one months ago and hit a bit of a brick wall in the tuning part, so recently I tried picking it up again after a few months of not touching it. I was happy to find out @Beezer215 had actually been working on it when I wasn't and he was very near completion. We did some tests, ironed out the rest and it's now ready for you all to download.

Special thanks to @Fanapryde for additional testing and @MrB00 for the skins. Also Peter Utecht for the original TA Miata mod.

MAZDA MX-5 GT4 1.0

Awesome! Looking forward to driving it!

Sorry for the double post I tried and failed to make it all one post but Mascott may well be the Dongmaster Supreme but he will never be "The peasant of slow motion faffy long-winded silly methods" and i'm proud of that title

You should be proud. The Dongmaster has totally mastered the secret art of spotting practitioners of the 'faffy long-winded silly method'. Even during an eclipse, with his eyes covered by a silken unicorn-skin blindfold!

giphy.gif

I forgot to mention this earlier.

At TED Little Baja - Long track all the AI - tested with varied cars - take too long to start the race. And when they start, they move very slow for maybe 5 seconds. Only then they hit the full throttle.

This happens only at the long layout, the short one is ok with the AI starting.
Anyone with the same experience, or just me?

Cheers.

Here's some more GT4 that's getting close. Rework of the Peugeot RCZ 308 GT4. Another that's been in the works.
It's now RWD and worked to run with GT4's. Still some to do. Was just running on Glendale West and that was a fun time.
If anyone wants to test and give me some times you're getting compared to Kunos and Guerilla GT4's, I'll take it.
Edit: Already upped brake pressure and adjusted tyre pressures. They're not in this download but will be in next.
preview.jpg

Last edited:
@leBluem

Hi leBluem. I know you're not on here much, but if you see this, I'm just wondering if you may be able to tell me what/were ShaderVariable.CCP is?

For the last couple of Patreon CSP builds, whenever I try to start a session on Tailem Bend, I get a crash notifying me of an unexpected error with this shader that reads:

File: source\ac_classes\ShaderVariable.CPP
Function: Set
Line 53

Any suggestions you may be able to make on how to overcome this issue would be greatly appreciated. Cheers. :cheers:

Here's some more GT4 that's getting close. Rework of the Peugeot RCZ 308 GT4. Another that's been in the works.
It's now RWD and worked to run with GT4's. Still some to do. Was just running on Glendale West and that was a fun time.
If anyone wants to test and give me some times you're getting compared to Kunos and Guerilla GT4's, I'll take it.
View attachment 961882

giphy.gif

I was also wondering if anyone knew of an update for VRC's SouthStar Motor Speedway (Texas) that adds the infield layout? I haven't been able to find anything. You get the track with the Indycar pack but having the infield would be nice so it's useful for more series I have like Group C and so on.

I was also wondering if anyone knew of an update for VRC's SouthStar Motor Speedway (Texas) that adds the infield layout? I haven't been able to find anything. You get the track with the Indycar pack but having the infield would be nice so it's useful for more series I have like Group C and so on.
v1,1 is still the latest, updated 2018 (I just downloaded it from the VRC site to check) and I see only day/night

Rework of the Peugeot RCZ 308 GT4.
It's now RWD and worked to run with GT4's.

Sorry to ask, BUT why have you converted the RCZ 308 to a RWD car? This car has never been produced as a RWD. Afak there have been only 2 or 3 RWD Peugeot's like the 504,505,604 ever produced.

Peugeot is known to build fast FWD toy cars like the Peugeot 106. I do not get the RWD conversion purpose. Couldn't it race along the rest GT4 if it remained a FWD car?

The best option would be to upgrade this one to GT4.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Is this car available anywhere?

Hi there. It is just Kunos' standard Huracan GT3. I believe it was in the DLC called Dream Pack 2

I just added the Endurance Lights available in RaceDepartment:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lamborghini-huracan-gt3-light-config.27171/

The skin is available in RaceDepartment. It is Konrad Motorsport's 2020 24h of Nürburgring Huracan Gt3:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/konrad-motorsport-lamborghini-huracan-gt3-nbr24h-2020.191224/

Q: Is there such a thing as a blending shader in CSP? ie: if you set the property to active, any two meshes with that property, that border each other (not overlapping) the texture from one will bleed into the other and vice versa by Nth distance? Preferably with a blend methods, "smooth" , "spotted" etc.

The "hard" road egdes, texture edges on many tracks feels quite "off". (i know grassfx can be made to overlap, but, you may not always want/need grass in this scenario.

Before I make an ass of myself and ask on iljas patreon message thingomajoozit, may be this already exists?

As far as I know there is no such shader in csp... I agree it would be nice to have something along the lines you explain above... As it stands there is not really a simple fix for what you describe (or I'm sure it would have been implemented a lot already)

If you do want to blend those hard edges you have a few options...

Create a geometry border that bridges (overlaps both hard edges) and map a blending with alpha style texture)

Or use the multimapfresnel shader. Join both or cut along the geometry hard border you want to soften... Then in the second channel of the shader..you can apply a rgb map... And assign a texture to blend with each colour. So say grass for green... Sand for blue... And another texture for variation on red... Its a little tricky to explain... But a good example of how a modder uses this technique would be to crack open lilski bridghampton track...

Hope this helps a bit

Jim

I actually had some free time to further uppdate the Evo X, now the chrome part on the steering wheel is detached and I put a working gps in it by detaching and remapping the screen
MS5oVPL.png

https://mega.nz/file/Aw4V1SqI#xCy2nUTAyawBLs5wPzd0ACWYh7EBqxiWgG7g0lfTta4
Link updated in the previous post too

Still not perfect as interiors aren't mapped and chrome looks a bit weird because of that, gps might also use a different resolution but my time was over
Thanks again for this, it's a huge improvement but I've noticed weird purple/green artifacts on the dashboard plastic in direct sun. I'd like to try tweaking the ksDiffuse down a little to darken the sun-exposed plastic but I guess i need to do this by editing your config. Can you advise what lines need adding or which value needs adjusting please?
Normal CM showroom adjustments don't work it seems , because of the config as previous discussed. Cheers!

ETCC 1986 (WIP)

Still working on my skinning abilities, but I'm making some progress. Trying to create all the skins of the ETCC 1986 season, so that they go together with a preset and BOP that are almost finished. Started with the BMW's (635i from ATCC pack). Almost done, just Schnitzer left. Then it's on to Ford Sierra, Volvo 240, Holden Commodore VK, Mercedes 190e and Alfa 75. Still a long way to go. Will release all together as a pack:

View attachment 961840

View attachment 961842

View attachment 961841

View attachment 961843

View attachment 961845

and Schnitzer (not finished):

View attachment 961846

I'm also trying to create a 635 Schnitzer skin, but unfortunately I don't have a good base

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 29
Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but couldn't the colour of the grass of the meadows around the track be a bit greener, so it looks as if everything has been washed with fabric stain.
And my personal opinion forgive me if I said a heresy.

I kept the original color, I think it gives a vintage look to the track.

Purple/green artifacts on dark textures are caused by the dxt5 compression, that's why you should use a lighter compression for black and grey textures. I fixed the dash textures by downloading the model myself and I could do the same for plastic. If you want to reduce that with config values you can try to lower BrightnessAdjustment, which goes from 0.9 (bright) to 0.01 or whatever low value you want to insert (to make it darker)
Thanks - I only want to darken the effect of direct sun hitting the plastic, like the ksDiffuse setting does in CM showroom shader adjustments - does what you suggested do that or does it darken the texture under all lighting conditions?

Glad in a way it's not just me (as it probably means my FFB settings are OK) but sorry you're experiencing the same issues mate. I've not checked RD yet to see if anyone else is struggling with it, but I found it pretty much undriveable.

Got a chance to try the v1.2 this evening, and concur with the given feedback... Found the car with more front-wheelspin-feel (less grip) with the rear flipping out at times - so have also reverted to previous version (couldn't do a faster lap with the latest update on Morgan Park)

Pessio answered at RD:

""""" Today at 01:43
Mm.. i can understand the "problem". Or maybe is just taste. I lowered caster angle and some other tyre values, giving car weaker ffb, or better, lighter wheel in turning. Then pumped up slightly the ffb multiplier, so basically now you have a softer wheel but more pronounced effects, and the one you can feel alot is the LSD kicking a lot, snapping in exits

www.pessiogarage.com
"""""

I forgot to mention this earlier.

At TED Little Baja - Long track all the AI - tested with varied cars - take too long to start the race. And when they start, they move very slow for maybe 5 seconds. Only then they hit the full throttle.

This happens only at the long layout, the short one is ok with the AI starting.
Anyone with the same experience, or just me?

Cheers.
Yep, the same here, I mentioned it when the track was released..

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back