Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,005 comments
I felt like converting a random model from a random game through my Wheel Decide list and I got rFactor, I then used a 'Select Random' dropdown extension which chooses whatever is displayed in Explorer to choose a mod there. At first I got the Hammer which is one of the vanilla cars made by ISI, but when I looked at the model, I scrapped it immediately since it looked so ******* ugly to me, so I made another random roll and this time I got another ISI vehicle which is actually a downloadable one being a Formula 3 car based on the Dallara F306 made in 2006.

This open wheeler has a weird model structure obviously coming from rFactor since other than having the usual separate cockpits per LODs, it even contains some left over object files presumably from other ISI vehicles since they don't have any mapped textures on them. I had a hard time figuring out all of the correct object files for the F306, but once I sorted them all, it was all usually easy to convert the model to AC like any other rFactor mod almost. (Although when I usually separate rims from tires by first converting to poly then back to mesh, the tires become less detailed somehow, how can I make them smooth again? Not to mention the rims which in 3DSimEd have proper transparent alpha while outside of it they don't work at all instead)

But when it came to find skins for it, a problem aroused where I have 17 skins for it inside my rFactor copy, yet strangely only ******* 8 of them worked while the rest were only visible through 3DSimEd and nothing I tried could've made them work for AC since any program gave me errors about the file type being unrecognizeable, I even tried using a rfactor decrypter from Luigi Ariemma but still no luck sadly. So if any of you happen to have skins for it which do tend to work flawlessly, send them all to me via PM so that I can hopefully complete the collection of Formula 3 liveries for this little gem I guess.
View attachment 961680 View attachment 961681 View attachment 961682 View attachment 961683 View attachment 961684 View attachment 961685 View attachment 961686 View attachment 961687 View attachment 961688

A modified Dallara F308 is available here: http://www.toms-sim-side.de/skins/skins.htm

Description:

Information about the skin: This skin was applied to a modified Dallara F308 because the Dallara F306 used by Patrick Rahn is not available for Assetto Corsa, but the F308 is very similar in terms of class and shape.

Vehicle / Car: Dallara F306 (F308)

Driver: Patrick Rahn
Team / Team: Conrad Racing Sport
Use at / use at: Bergrennen / Hillclimb
Required Mod / required Mod: ts_f3 (Download contains Mod + Skin / download include mod + skin)​

The force feedback will be strong still as I haven't figured out where to change it, as @Masscot told me, if you have a numpad the plus / minus keys can be used to adjust FFB strength. ;)
It's in data/car.ini (example below is from the Lancer EVO X)

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.30
STEER_ASSIST=0
STEER_LOCK=520
STEER_RATIO=-15.1
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00255

Tweak up to increase FFB

Will you eventually be releasing it as a new car? I don't want to overwrite the existing one so I can compare and contrast, which isn't possible if I just rename the old folder to preserve it so that yours doesn't overwrite it.

Working on it, but having issues... As always ;)

Replace with newest camera_1.ini set now it's perfect!

Bikernieki Oval
path:
x:\Assetto_Corsa\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\bikernieki\oval\data

Remove .txt extension

Attachments

• cameras_1.ini.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 27
Guys I have a little problem with the headlights of some retro cars: they are white instead of the characteristic halogen white/yellow... any tip from this great community?
For example the headlights of the F40 are completely white... even on the old Group C cars

Gentleman, please I know it's a silly thing but please I need your help

Gentleman, please I know it's a silly thing but please I need your help
If you go to the car's data folder and open Lights.ini you'll see there are colours (in RGB format) for each light when on or off:
upload_2020-9-30_16-40-53.png

Adjust these towards something more yellow and you should see a difference.

Lets try this again :boggled:

Original post here

Honda Civic FK8 Type R , updated using real world data from CivicX forums / Honda / HKS, hopefully now a new car, I have toned down the FFB a little as well...

The amount of work you put into tuning this car to real data but I will be very direct,sorry.....
Now it is not possible good to drive this car, it is a constant struggle to stay on the track.
Maybe the earlier version wasn't very high, in terms of reality, but it was friendly and fun to drive at the border. It was so universal that I could drive it and at home on the wheel and with my friends in the garage on the joy pad, but now I can't have fun.
The brakes lock immediately, it is too slippery in itself. Not always the original data is good, I dare say that 85 percent of the mods do not stick to any data but you are still able to have fun.
Maybe I'm one, maybe my settings are not as they should be, so don't take anything for granted.
Greetings.

The amount of work you put into tuning this car to real data but I will be very direct,sorry.....
Now it is not possible good to drive this car, it is a constant struggle to stay on the track.
Maybe the earlier version wasn't very high, in terms of reality, but it was friendly and fun to drive at the border. It was so universal that I could drive it and at home on the wheel and with my friends in the garage on the joy pad, but now I can't have fun.
The brakes lock immediately, it is too slippery in itself. Not always the original data is good, I dare say that 85 percent of the mods do not stick to any data but you are still able to have fun.
Maybe I'm one, maybe my settings are not as they should be, so don't take anything for granted.
Greetings.

No problem at all.

I haven’t touched the brakes yet, so I guess that’s a function of using road tyres rather than race slicks,

I did mention in my original post that the ABS, seems to be switched off and it’s something that needs investigating further.

I am new to all of this so any feedback is welcome!

No problem at all.

I haven’t touched the brakes yet, so I guess that’s a function of using road tyres rather than race slicks,

I did mention in my original post that the ABS, seems to be switched off and it’s something that needs investigating further.

I am new to all of this so any feedback is welcome!

That is why I asked you not to take anything personally.
Thank you for your understanding and lack of explosiveness on your part.
I appreciate that and you have a very big advantage with me.
Go ahead. Greetings.

I actually had some free time to further uppdate the Evo X, now the chrome part on the steering wheel is detached and I put a working gps in it by detaching and remapping the screen
MS5oVPL.png

https://mega.nz/file/Aw4V1SqI#xCy2nUTAyawBLs5wPzd0ACWYh7EBqxiWgG7g0lfTta4
Link updated in the previous post too

Still not perfect as interiors aren't mapped and chrome looks a bit weird because of that, gps might also use a different resolution but my time was over
Definitely the best forum for Assetto Corsa. Here, mutual aid and participation are not empty words

Dude, I really can't be bothered to jump through hoops to download one or 2 tracks from you - it's cool. I can accept that you just don't want people to join your forum and I go back to my original comment of sharing your tracks here with a link for those of us that are foreign. I honestly have no idea why it's so difficult for you to want people to join your forum and then you ban them for not being French.

It's cool, I'm over it now
Reminds me of the GT5 and GT6 days when French would just kick you from the room for being American or not French.

Definitely the best forum for Assetto Corsa. Here, mutual aid and participation are not empty words
and @UolterUait
thank you guys for the car-mods and updates!!
Could you guys go back to the Mini Coupe Mike173 did a nice update to ...?
It is a nice car and would deserve to look better from the outside ... it looks plain.. i am not a car modder, so i cannot explain it better. :lol:

Greetings.

I think when the original devs say it isn't always possible to do direct like for like real life data, you have to weigh it all up and use some artistic license, at least if the real data makes it drive badly (subjective, FFB set or even if using controller)

Having aid that the original devs said night racing and rain wasn't possible...so take it with a pinch of salt.

Evening to all GTP members... Reckon it's a fine day/evening for some night racing... This would be a 1st release of track-lights - be mindful FPS will vary mostly on independent setups and hardware - so do provide any feedback as necessary.

Credits to @Teddie for providing the sim-community a great track.

ted_clark_international_speedway_07.jpg

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/clark-international-speedway-tv-replay-cameras-more.36292/

DF includes:
- 4 replay cameras (x2 race-mode cams)
- assorted screen background images
- track-light file (ext_config - CM/CSP required)
note: original ext_config backup file included...

ted_clark_international_speedway_04.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back