Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,766 comments
hi, a new update, here is the 2007 Subaru WRX, excellent design by Alberto Daniel Russo.

50403193362_815d3de46f_b.jpg

Data:
http://www.zeperfs.com/fiche1332-subaru-impreza-wrx.htm#Caractéristiques

Colors:
https://colorndrive.com/ph/touch-up-paint/subaru-wrx-sti?year=2007&baseColor=

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/z7bkdaqw3rqjorq/subaru_impreza_wrx_2007.7z/file

Have fun,
Mike
Thanks very much, this makes a nice factory-spec sister car to Alberto's tuned version, which was based on his own car with various aftermarket upgrades.
I'm always amazed at how big the steering wheel looks in this car. Has anyone ever measured it in Blender or another 3D package? I wonder if it's scaled up slightly to match the drver's hand positions or whether this wheel is right and every other wheel in AC is too small.
It looks pretty huge in VR, and VR is normally a very good environment for visually gauging the correct scales of cockpit assets.

Hey guys, we teased this a LONG time ago and it's finally ready for release. Here is version 1.0 of the Mazda MX-5 NC GT4 tune.

View attachment 961865

I started working on this one months ago and hit a bit of a brick wall in the tuning part, so recently I tried picking it up again after a few months of not touching it. I was happy to find out @Beezer215 had actually been working on it when I wasn't and he was very near completion. We did some tests, ironed out the rest and it's now ready for you all to download.

Special thanks to @Fanapryde for additional testing and @MrB00 for the skins. Also Peter Utecht for the original TA Miata mod.

MAZDA MX-5 GT4 1.0

Lovely little car!
I'm a big fan of the MX5 in AC and it's always a bonus to find RHD ones, just as God intended ;)
The shifting animation timing seemed a little coked-up Bruce Lee so do you want to give this a go?

Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=95
POSITIVE_TIME=453
STATIC_TIME=17
NEGATIVE_TIME=497
PRELOAD_RPM=7138
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=1

FK8 Civic Type R - Production Version - Update

An attempt to bring the modified FK8 closer to its Production Car settings, this is a learning process so forgive my mistakes...

ABS and TCS now function, after trying to follow the instructions given earlier, I couldn't get the ABS or TCS to work, this seems to be related to an ABS_control.lut file which hadn't been associated to anything, it gave 8 levels of ABS so it has now been deleted and settings adjusted in the electronics.ini.

Stopped worrying about tyre size, it is what it is. I also tried to adjust starting tyre pressures but it doesn't seem to take in game, something is blocking it but I have yet to figure out what.

FFB has been toned down more

File structure changed: Content > Cars > FK8_Type_R

Changes Made:
Wheel base corrected 2699
Front track corrected 1584
Rear track corrected 1602
Rim Offset changed to 0.06 (it is a plus 60 offset IRL not sure if this value is correct).
Steering ratio adjusted to 11.72:1
Turns lock to Lock adjusted to 2.11
Gearing Adjusted to fit real car.
Rear ARB rate adjusted to fit real car (721ft/lbs).
Wheel rates adjusted to fit real car (Motion ratio 1 front 0.746 rear - Spring rates 4.7kg/mm Front / 4.2Kg/mm rear).
Caster adjusted to 8 degrees.
Camber adjusted to fit real car approx. 1.33 front / 1.5 rear. Barcelona used as a flat pad to check. (need to reduce setup ranges to fit real windows).
Toe adjusted to fit real car approx. 0 front 0.08 rear (need to reduce setup ranges to fit real windows).
Tyres changed to 245/25/20 from Porsche 911 Carrera Fronts (Street/Semi Slick) Lamborghini Huracan Performante Fronts (Hypercar Road).
Electronics activated TCS and ABS now function, rears do still grab on occasion (suspect because off the ground), but better than without.

Data from CivicX forums / Honda / HKS

To Do:
Learning: I still really don't know what I am doing so may have completely borked the car :embarrassed:
Tyre size is still not spot on should be 245/30/20
Tyre Pressures!? Real car 35Psi front / 33 Psi rear ~220km/h // 41Psi front / 33 Psi Rear 220km/h~
Front ARB rate need to be calculated, I know it is hollow 29mm diameter but no other measurements (yet).
Dampers!?
Ride height!?
Electronics!? The game shows ABS and TCS switched off in the setup screens, not really sure what is working and what isn't.
FFB doesn't really tell you much, especially when understeer creeps in
Some horrid chrome interior textures need to go.
Sounds - The backfire needs to go this car does not pop and crackle from the factory :(
Add race suits

ETCC 1986 (WIP)
Still working on my skinning abilities, but I'm making some progress. Trying to create all the skins of the ETCC 1986 season, so that they go together with a preset and BOP that are almost finished. Started with the BMW's (635i from ATCC pack). Almost done, just Schnitzer left. Then it's on to Ford Sierra, Volvo 240, Holden Commodore VK, Mercedes 190e and Alfa 75. Still a long way to go. Will release all together as a pack:

and Schnitzer (not finished): View attachment 961846

It is so good to see you getting involved in any way possible, and skinning is definitely not the shallow end of the pool in modding, congrats and well done Ales - it also matches precisely what you like about AC - series racing - old school historical events, your BoP'ed presets and the like...

Your liveries are looking great 👍, keep on going - any assistance, just shout.

This iconic livery would also look good on the 635... Hmmm, food for thought...
__custom_showroom_1601554703.jpg
Will give it a go in spare time (if that even exists)...

FK8 Civic Type R - Production Version - Update

An attempt to bring the modified FK8 closer to its Production Car settings, this is a learning process so forgive my mistakes...

ABS and TCS now function, after trying to follow the instructions given earlier, I couldn't get the ABS or TCS to work, this seems to be related to an ABS_control.lut file which hadn't been associated to anything, it gave 8 levels of ABS so it has now been deleted and settings adjusted in the electronics.ini.

Stopped worrying about tyre size, it is what it is. I also tried to adjust starting tyre pressures but it doesn't seem to take in game, something is blocking it but I have yet to figure out what.

FFB has been toned down more

File structure changed: Content > Cars > FK8_Type_R

Changes Made:
Wheel base corrected 2699
Front track corrected 1584
Rear track corrected 1602
Rim Offset changed to 0.06 (it is a plus 60 offset IRL not sure if this value is correct).
Steering ratio adjusted to 11.72:1
Turns lock to Lock adjusted to 2.11
Gearing Adjusted to fit real car.
Rear ARB rate adjusted to fit real car (721ft/lbs).
Wheel rates adjusted to fit real car (Motion ratio 1 front 0.746 rear - Spring rates 4.7kg/mm Front / 4.2Kg/mm rear).
Caster adjusted to 8 degrees.
Camber adjusted to fit real car approx. 1.33 front / 1.5 rear. Barcelona used as a flat pad to check. (need to reduce setup ranges to fit real windows).
Toe adjusted to fit real car approx. 0 front 0.08 rear (need to reduce setup ranges to fit real windows).
Tyres changed to 245/25/20 from Porsche 911 Carrera Fronts (Street/Semi Slick) Lamborghini Huracan Performante Fronts (Hypercar Road).
Electronics activated TCS and ABS now function, rears do still grab on occasion (suspect because off the ground), but better than without.

Data from CivicX forums / Honda / HKS

To Do:
Learning: I still really don't know what I am doing so may have completely borked the car :embarrassed:
Tyre size is still not spot on should be 245/30/20
Tyre Pressures!? Real car 35Psi front / 33 Psi rear ~220km/h // 41Psi front / 33 Psi Rear 220km/h~
Front ARB rate need to be calculated, I know it is hollow 29mm diameter but no other measurements (yet).
Dampers!?
Ride height!?
Electronics!? The game shows ABS and TCS switched off in the setup screens, not really sure what is working and what isn't.
FFB doesn't really tell you much, especially when understeer creeps in
Some horrid chrome interior textures need to go.
Sounds - The backfire needs to go this car does not pop and crackle from the factory :(

Hi,

Bought this car from a modder some time ago, maybe it can help you if you compare the values....

Add race suits

I forgot to mention this earlier.

At TED Little Baja - Long track all the AI - tested with varied cars - take too long to start the race. And when they start, they move very slow for maybe 5 seconds. Only then they hit the full throttle.

This happens only at the long layout, the short one is ok with the AI starting.
Anyone with the same experience, or just me?

Cheers.
That will be fixed in the next week or so :cool:

@leBluem
... I get a crash notifying me of an unexpected error with this shader that reads:
File: source\ac_classes\ShaderVariable.CPP
Function: Set
Line 53
three materials have this really small;)big float value for "ksSpecularEXP", csp crashes on that, reported to the man...
upload_2020-10-1_15-51-45.png

Unfortunately this loading is before any changes can be done, so no config option can heal this.
As this a 'hot' track, i wont post a fixed version, but you can fix it for yourself with KN5-material changer, make backup, open kn5, change "ksSpecularEXP" value to 10 for those three materials:
Terrain_01, Terrain_04, Terrain_03
...then save kn5 ;)
upload_2020-10-1_15-50-51.png

Last edited:
I do not use vr so I will not help,I switched from rtx 2060 super to rtx 3080,in AC One average is about 35/40 frames faster than 2060 Super
Now the processor I have is a weak link, so it's hard to say the full power of this card. One thing is certain in AC works in complete silence and that's what I cared about the most.

Let's not forget that I have a test version with an old bios, I haven't updated yet.
Thanks for reporting. Only a thing if u can please start @monza pit practice only a car a Kunos one (then u tell us which one) with clear sky @ 08.00 time CSP and SOL ultra @1920*1200 please report FPS drawing.
Thank u in advance
Cheers
Tony
Here better with a single GTX 980 CPU so pcie can goes at 16x (windows 7 64bit DirectX 11 OS I7-6700 RAM 16gb FPS=100)

Lovely little car!
I'm a big fan of the MX5 in AC and it's always a bonus to find RHD ones, just as God intended ;)
The shifting animation timing seemed a little coked-up Bruce Lee so do you want to give this a go?

Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=95
POSITIVE_TIME=453
STATIC_TIME=17
NEGATIVE_TIME=497
PRELOAD_RPM=7138
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=1
Sure, I'll test it out. Shifting was one of the absolute last things I worked on in this car and really didn't get a good view of the arm. I had a feeling it would be a fly swatter though.

It is so good to see you getting involved in any way possible, and skinning is definitely not the shallow end of the pool in modding, congrats and well done Ales - it also matches precisely what you like about AC - series racing - old school historical events, your BoP'ed presets and the like...

Your liveries are looking great 👍, keep on going - any assistance, just shout.

This iconic livery would also look good on the 635... Hmmm, food for thought...
View attachment 961931 Will give it a go in spare time (if that even exists)...
Thanks for nice words. This winfield iconic livery goes best with an iconic car: Nissan GT-R, the original Godzila. A car that ended the Sierra GT500 domination in touring car championships in the begining of the 90s. Am waiting eagerly for ATCC pack moders to release the 1990-92 ATCC group A pack of cars with this legendary car included (and skin obviously, if not definetly a one to be made). Read on FB, it's near completion. That will be a hell of a pack and maybe my next skinning and BOPing project when I'm done with ETCC.

Sorry to ask, BUT why have you converted the RCZ 308 to a RWD car? This car has never been produced as a RWD. Afak there have been only 2 or 3 RWD Peugeot's like the 504,505,604 ever produced.

Peugeot is known to build fast FWD toy cars like the Peugeot 106. I do not get the RWD conversion purpose. Couldn't it race along the rest GT4 if it remained a FWD car?

The best option would be to upgrade this one to GT4.

Just my opinion.
If you still have the FWD one then why don't you just use that then? What's the issue?
It's a phantasy car to be running with GT4 anyways. It can be made FWD or RWD at the flick of a switch basically. I have the updated original I made that's FWD and this one that's an interesting take on what it would be like RWD. Certainly doesn't seem like anything to get uptight about.

Last edited:
hi all! That's my little interpretation of DTM 2020 in assetto corsa. as u can imagine, is a collage of different mods, with various tweaks, some of them are paid, so i don't think i can share it. Anyway, it's complete with P2P and DRS, even thought i's not visible. There's also the audi, even thought it's not in the video.
View attachment 961954

I'm sorry if I misunderstood the objective, but what is the point of sharing something that can't be shared after all?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back