- 604

- Italy
Delete
Last edited:
MINI COOPER JCW Uk Challenge (F56) 1.2
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mini-cooper-jcw-uk-challenge-f56.30469/
1.2 Update
Totally revamped physics.
Some fix.
Graphics tweaks.
You may find the car a little bit slower, CoG is slightly higher and a little more drag too but is less twitchy to drive, and no more blocking with a small brake input.
![]()
i have to say this car is fantastic, I am having a blast racing it against the AI on the tracks from the British Championship. Excellent 👍
The FFB is totally borked for me, the steering wheel loads up really strangely under cornering then snaps violently on exit. Feels horrible. Not like any other car I've got.
Edit: I just restored the previous version from my recycle bin and it feels great. Something is up with that new one.
Tripoli - Timing Gate Update.
failed upload, new one here
Last update on this conversion.
- Shifted grid back a bit
- Shifted start line forward a bit
- Added three timing gates
(devisive change)
- Updated grassfx +rocks, if you dont like rocks and grass, delete the [GRASSFX] section.
"There is nothing in the desert and no man needs nothing." - Lawrence of Arabia.
View attachment 961523
KNOWN BUG - I was trying to fix the "men in black" and the wip texture made its way into the build, now they are men in grey.. tsk tsk.. maybe a texture replacement in the ext_config to tone them down, ill post it up, or alternately the orginal texture in into the texture folder.
UPCOMING.
There is another Tripoli coming, may take some time though, its scratch built from Google telemetry / sat images, will resemble this one a bit I guess but the telemetry suggests there is a lot of elevation change that is not present in this one, and driving the new one feels quite dissimilar, the sea is visible from one of the corners etc. I also factored that the airport construction may have levelled out the banked section since, and have "faked" it back in.
If you guys have low poly, time period, trackside objects and cars to share, please let me know, will save me a lot of headache.
View attachment 961530
Glad in a way it's not just me (as it probably means my FFB settings are OK) but sorry you're experiencing the same issues mate. I've not checked RD yet to see if anyone else is struggling with it, but I found it pretty much undriveable.Finally found time to try the new version.
I am a big fan of the previous, but tbh I don't like the new one.
The FFB feels strange indeed (I even had to crank it up a bit in my Simucube DD wheel settings to get more 'feel') but it doesn't feel right...at all. Strange indeed.
Reverted back to the previous version.
good morning guys...
so over night i got interested in Drifting...
can you recommend me some good tracks and cars?
for the car modder guys.
does AC/CM/MythicalMooMoo app/plugin have the ability to dynamically change maximum torque delivered to the wheel, on a per car basis? I know ffb "texture" can be increased on a per car basis, but, does that also change the maximum torque level?
Found these bits of data describing maximum torque measured at your hands. (at least I think i understood it that way.)
so (and i may have the math wrong) you divide the column torque by the width of the wheel, in the case of a 10 inch wheel, in reverse to get 6.0nm of torque at your hand you would need a DD with 60nm of torque?!? and a 6nm wheel with same size rim would be delivering only 0.6nm to your hands?
Seems like something is way off here.
Autokraft Midget = 6.0 Nm (55 in-lbs) No power steering, 380mm (15.0”) Ø steering wheel.
Lola T332 = 5.5-8.5 Nm (50-75 in-lbs) No power steering, 318mm (12.5") Ø steering wheel.
Dodge Viper SRT-10 = 4.5 Nm (40 in-lbs) Power steering, 350mm (13.7" Ø steering wheel.
Lotus 20 = 4.0-4.5 Nm (35-40 in-lbs) No power steering, 330mm (13.0") Ø steering wheel.
Lola T190 = 6.0-7.5 Nm (55-65 in-lbs) No power steering, 318mm (12.5") Ø steering wheel.
would have gone a lot faster is the explanations on the grassfx wiki were a bit more "simple", still not figured out how to control different rock/grass/stone textures on different colours within the track texture colour, ie: so put only the medium sized rocks on the yellow but no grass, only grass on the green, and only small rocks on the red for example.finally another RocksFX![]()
Finally found time to try the new version.
I am a big fan of the previous, but tbh I don't like the new one.
The FFB feels strange indeed (I even had to crank it up a bit in my Simucube DD wheel settings to get more 'feel') but it doesn't feel right...at all. Strange indeed.
Reverted back to the previous version.
good morning guys...
so over night i got interested in Drifting...
can you recommend me some good tracks and cars?
Add a comment in the car's discussion thread if you have the time, I've just done so myself. It'd be great to get it fixed and the more aware Pessio is that the issue is quite a wide one, the more chance of that happening.Got a chance to try the v1.2 this evening, and concur with the given feedback... Found the car with more front-wheelspin-feel (less grip) with the rear flipping out at times - so have also reverted to previous version (couldn't do a faster lap with the latest update on Morgan Park)
Morgan Park Raceway
View attachment 961838
Blitz it with Shaun Clarke's mini though...
(1. Shaun's, 2. Pessio's last version, 3. latest v1.2)
Tyre size is still not spot on should be 245/30/20.
Tyre Pressures!? Real car 35Psi front / 33 Psi rear ~220km/h // 41Psi front / 33 Psi Rear 220km/h~
Electronics!? The game shows ABS and TCS switched off in the setup screens, not really sure what is working and what isn't.
Ungroup them, there will be a menu at the top where you can do this.hello everyone, i started using 3ds max neither a month ago, i need some help, how can i make the wheels independent from each other?
unrelated question if i might please, will AC natively support the following combo or do I need mods because the game is older than the equipment (ie: all the CM ffb tweaks are not known to fanatec devs?)
Fanatec DD1, Formula v2 wheel, pedals v3, shifter "sq" v1.5
Ah, cool - thanks. I usually take a look at the folder when its installed to remove the backups, psd templates, wanky pink/purple skins etc.
On a related (unrelated?) note, does anyone with the Fanatec Seq Shifter v1.5 know if it's possible to combine gated shifting, paddle shifting AND sequential shifting all on the same controller profile in CM?
At the moment I have paddle shifting and gated shifting on the same profile, so if the car supports gated shifting, that's what'll work, and ditto with paddles. No need to change profiles.
I have to change profiles to use the sequential box instead of the paddles though, which is a tad annoying. Seems like I can't map up/down on the sequental to share the profile with the paddle shifts, so if I find myself in a car that obviously uses sequential shifting (the animation is normally the giveaway) I can still shift with the paddles, but the sequential box won't work unless I change to my sequential profile, which is a bit of a faff requiring a session restart.
Hope that makes sense, I probably used ten times as many words than was necessary.
TLDR: help!
@graveltrap A note about in-game tire size not matching real life tire size. The reason is because the tyres.ini file requires you to "use 1 inch more than nominal" for the RIM_RADIUS line. For the FK8, it is entered as "RIM_RADIUS=0.2667" (radius for a 21-inch rim, in meters) in order for it to be displayed in-game as 20 inches. Since the inch added to calculate RIM_RADIUS is also a part of the overall wheel diameter (the RADIUS line), the tire profile displayed in-game will almost always be less than the real life profile. This is the case with most Kunos' cars as well; compare the Mazda MX5 ND in-game tire size versus real life, for example. Depending on the size of the visual tire model, you may be able to increase the RADIUS value in tyres.ini until you get your desired tire profile. Beware the problem with that is, at some value, the car will eventually appear to "float" above the track surface if the visual tire model size is exceeded before you reach your desired tire profile. Unfortunately, not all car models have accurately scaled wheel/tire models, so the best RADIUS value (for visual appeal) is the value that matches the in-game tire model rather than its real life data.
Default tyre pressures can be modified in tyres.ini. Look for lines, PRESSURE_STATIC and PRESSURE_IDEAL.
To allow ABS and TCS, they should both be turned on in the electronics.ini file. Change the line "ACTIVE=0" to "ACTIVE=1" for both.
As @SiR80 and @safi hellie mentioned, importing the real life technical specs may not necessarily translate to accurate performance in-game without some additional fiddling around. But there is a lot to learn from the whole trial and error process.
Ha! You too? I also have a stong hate for crappy pink and purple skins... though I do like that deep aubergine colour like Mclaren offered on the P1. All the rest end up on the trash as quickly as I can press the right buttons. And don't even get me started on 'Itasha' skins! (Pass the bucket...)
EDIT: I see you've already figured this out... which is not at all suprising since you are the wisest and all-knowing Hero Dongmaster Supreme Champion JR III.
Sorry for the double post I tried and failed to make it all one post but Mascott may well be the Dongmaster Supreme but he will never be "The peasant of slow motion faffy long-winded silly methods" and i'm proud of that title
We did a handshake, and i thought this track would be nice for a handshake-project.
I also talked to the original author on RD.
for the car modder guys.
does AC/CM/MythicalMooMoo app/plugin have the ability to dynamically change maximum torque delivered to the wheel, on a per car basis? I know ffb "texture" can be increased on a per car basis, but, does that also change the maximum torque level?
Found these bits of data describing maximum torque measured at your hands. (at least I think i understood it that way.)
so (and i may have the math wrong) you divide the column torque by the width of the wheel, in the case of a 10 inch wheel, in reverse to get 6.0nm of torque at your hand you would need a DD with 60nm of torque?!? and a 6nm wheel with same size rim would be delivering only 0.6nm to your hands?
Seems like something is way off here.
Autokraft Midget = 6.0 Nm (55 in-lbs) No power steering, 380mm (15.0”) Ø steering wheel.
Lola T332 = 5.5-8.5 Nm (50-75 in-lbs) No power steering, 318mm (12.5") Ø steering wheel.
Dodge Viper SRT-10 = 4.5 Nm (40 in-lbs) Power steering, 350mm (13.7" Ø steering wheel.
Lotus 20 = 4.0-4.5 Nm (35-40 in-lbs) No power steering, 330mm (13.0") Ø steering wheel.
Lola T190 = 6.0-7.5 Nm (55-65 in-lbs) No power steering, 318mm (12.5") Ø steering wheel.
Hey guys, we teased this a LONG time ago and it's finally ready for release. Here is version 1.0 of the Mazda MX-5 NC GT4 tune.
View attachment 961865
I started working on this one months ago and hit a bit of a brick wall in the tuning part, so recently I tried picking it up again after a few months of not touching it. I was happy to find out @Beezer215 had actually been working on it when I wasn't and he was very near completion. We did some tests, ironed out the rest and it's now ready for you all to download.
Special thanks to @Fanapryde for additional testing and @MrB00 for the skins. Also Peter Utecht for the original TA Miata mod.
MAZDA MX-5 GT4 1.0