Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,024 comments
@hellothankyou
View attachment 966993
Maybe some windscreen parameters is not set as "NO SHADOW".
I think 3 front glass are needed to obtain windscreen/wipers, raindrops, damage glass.
In this way this car works with and without "USE NEW WINDSCREEN EFFECT".

Thanks, i would love to contribute and i already got things working on my side (talking about the windshield), just i'm not able to upload my kn5 files here. (and as i mentioned, there is issue with dashboard and tyres on importing to Blender - i think because we use different 3D software).
If you can swap the rhd wipers and adjust it,and fix other minor bugs like windshield banner(Spoon) - it will take much less time than adjusting my compatibility issues with importing this model to Blender. So, cheer up!

BTW just one more hint - if you gonna take wipers from that civic type-r ek2 (they are correct rhd wipers), remove some mesh leftovers from right wiper.
screenshot-acrm-honda-civic-type-r-ek-doningtonpark2018-23-9-120-9-25-28.jpg

bigger picture (if it helps to locate this):
clipboard3.jpg

@flyingsaucer @JakubP - All in all, guys, you're doing a very fun project/update to a car, and you can take all the time you want to fix the few bugs. No need to hurry to release. It's always learning. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
How can i change the gloves by myself?
Like if i want to use retro gloves for cars that do not have them

Hi Diego! In almost every scenario, you can place the glove files (2016_Gloves_DIFF and 2016_Gloves_NM) inside the skin of each car.

you can also put your custom gloves, helmet and drivers suit here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\driver_gloves
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\driver_helmet
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\driver_suit

and use a skin.ini file to point at those files... so you don't have duplicates:

skin.ini files are text file editable with notepad containing that info:

[driver_70]
SUIT=\plain\yellow
GLOVES=\alpinestars_tech1_ZX\fluro
HELMET=\helmet_1975_yellow\plain2

[CREW]
SUIT=\type1\black_black
HELMET=\white
BRAND=\ford

you can edit any parameter to point at your desired folder.

look inside any kunos car skin and you will find a skin.ini file allocating a certain suit/helmet/gloves to a skin. look into those folder to see how it works...

the thing is not really user friendly yet. This could definetively be a cm implementation to have a visual representation of a driver appereance. Like you choose a track, a car, and a driver.

Last edited:
you can also put your custom gloves, helmet and drivers suit here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\driver_gloves
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\driver_helmet
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\driver_suit

and use a skin.ini file to point at those files... so you don't have duplicates:
skin.ini files are text file editable with notepad containing that info:

[driver_70]
SUIT=\plain\yellow
GLOVES=\alpinestars_tech1_ZX\fluro
HELMET=\helmet_1975_yellow\plain2

[CREW]
SUIT=\type1\black_black
HELMET=\white
BRAND=\ford

you can edit any parameter to point at your desired folder.

look inside any kunos car skin and you will find a skin.ini file allocating a certain suit/helmet/gloves to a skin. look into those folder to see how it works...
the thing is not really user friendly yet. This could definetively be a cm implementation to have a visual representation of a driver appereance. Like you choose a track, a car, and a driver.

This is the correct way, Diego.
It may be a lot of manual work, but transferring all your driver textures to the content\texture folder saves you a ton of space in duplicates.

Last edited:
Yours mods aren't free now? (Paypal to get?) So that they come from other modders or games?

Edit:
You're not a little bloated while you too go to cs.rin.ru

En français: "Tes mods ne sont plus libres? (Obligé de payer Paypal?) Alors qu'ils viennent de d'autres moddeurs ou d'autres jeux?

T'es un peu gonflé alors que t'es un habitué de cs.rin.ru pour télécharger des mods payants...

C'est pas un donation que tu demandes, c'est un paiement !!!!

on all the quantity of mod that I make I have 2 circuits in donation, that's not why I'm going to put them all in donation, if you had come to speak to me on the discord before judging without knowing you would have had the answer, I will continue to put a lot of circuit in free mode, but once in a while if I want to put a circuit in donation it's my business, I don't have to give you account. and cs.rin.ru as if I had the time to go there with the time I spend work mod, you judge without knowing anything

the day you will make a car or a MOD circuit on AC, we will all be on assetto corsa 10 in 2050

Last edited:
i could but a more if indept analysis would be cool.

like what is bad and good

Ok.. well for starters the sounds are pretty terrible. They're like a mixture of sounds sloppily slapped together with gaps in the sounds and volume levels are inconsistent and unmatched. The vehicle physics seem off and the driving experience doesn't feel legit against other formula hybrid cars. The modelling is decent at least but for a visually more complex model it seems a little lacking.
I can live with the modelling, how it drives I suppose gives it its own character so I guess I could live with it also but the downshifting is weird. The sounds are just crap and would need to be replaced. For about $8 (aud) it makes it disappointing as there have been many a way better mods of similar type out there. But im sure ASR will throw a few updates at it. Definitely needs them.

I feel ASR should just stick to the older stuff which they have done well with up to this point.

Last edited:
shi
To solve the black windshield of this car, add the following to ext_config.ini. My CSP version is 0.1.67-preview1.
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = INT_GLASS_WINDSCREEN
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1
View attachment 967013

@flyingsaucer @hellothankyou @Masscot

This worked, or rather the windshield is now clear. I added it to the end of the the original ini file.

Of course I don't know if this screws up other parts or features of the windshield.

Last edited by a moderator:

This worked, or rather the windshield is now clear. I added it to end of the the original ini file.

Of course I don't know if this screws up other parts or features of the windshield.
i already got it working in hardware (while editing the 3D model, so it will be independent whether you run Assetto with CSP or not)- it was on my 1st screenshot showing working lhd wipers ...
But for quick check or workaround,sure, there are many useful features in CSP - you can change properties (like transparency flag here, or opacity of eg. dirt texture on windscreen etc. before setting the values "for good" inside the 3D model) , add, hide, swap meshes, nodes, rims, apply shaders, tweak values and so on etc.
And nay, don't be worried :D , setting transparency flag here will not screw any features. It's just a quick and convenient way to set values that should be in 3D model file.
CSP just has an ability to load the properties values from external "ext_config" file. Thus the name of CSP - "patch".
(Sorry for the lenghty "tale" about CSP )

Last edited:
@JakubP @flyingsaucer - you can make this mod very nicely, just a few things noticed after downloading
(i write to help you spot the areas for improvement, not to empty criticize - I am still learning too, started just a few weeks ago!)

I downloaded the car , run it in Assetto Corsa ... and
1. stopped in the pits at Opaque Windscreen (all gray to me) -> thankfully it's not as hard to fix as other quirks.
unpacked it, imported to Blender and by the way re-added missing honda badge, adjusted roof antenna etc (just for my taste)
- windscreen fixed
2. the size of original kn5 is 230MB -> i have reduced it to 100 MB (still WOW but much betta for a quick start ;))
3. "Spoon" banner is invisible from the cockpit and the lhd wipers even exaggerate the effect - but they work in csp 1.66_2, so should also in 1.67_1(great!)
4. wipers are from lhd (left hand drive car) , but this civic is rhd (see screenshot)
- take the wipers eg. from civic type-r ek2 and fix/adjust

I'd love to help myself, but
1. dashboard and tyres of that car are messed up on importing to Blender (so it would require even more workarounds from me)
2. i can't upload such big files (even compressed) here.
3. time resticted.

clipboard1.jpg

clipboard2.jpg

kseditor-2020-10-24-21-30-02-593.jpg

acs-2020-10-24-21-35-19-718.jpg

Fingers crossed!

CSP 1.64 - Car V 1.02
I have rain, See the rain drops being cleaned, whipers are invisible.
All the cars in front are invusble, however I see their shadows on tarmac. Cars behind are visible (by mirrors and rear camera).
It seems that it is related with the front windshield.

The car is fabulous btw.

Last edited:
From FB:

MNBA Mod Releases!!!BMW E36 328i Cabriolet (STOCK)
This is going to be the first version of this car, I don't consider it to be the perfect Version...might have bugs or small problems, but that's okay...if anything happens or you see any bugs please tell me so I can fix it for the next version
The Car Requires CSP to work properly in-game!
All windows animated EXTRA A and EXTRA B to Trigger animation
hood animated
CSP Lights
CSP Cluster
CSP Turn Signals
ODOMETER Functional
ADDED ENGINE BAY
Smoothed all Body
ADDED Interior glass for rain
Wipers animation
Credits to:
Me: Reworked all the car From top to bootom..fixed all issues, reworked physics, 328i Gauge cluster
Buja Gili:Made All Window Animations+Wiper animations
Miguel Silva: Made Slammed Version For this car (S2 Version)(Release Soon!)
Adriaan Suy: Interior work and textures
Thank you guys for helping do this mod...S1 and S2 Version-Release is Very Soon!!! Stay Tuned!!! Enjoy

View attachment 966907

https://mega.nz/file/G4AlxI7I#NNCOrFFyo-tJCkt7vEmiro5RsqCl1PBhaiQO0l4hV0E

Only tested the car now.

Undoubtedly one of the best mods!
Everything works and works well. Doesn't work just because, it really work well.

Pure fun to drive. Very easy to catch the rear when pushing hard. Brilliant mod!

I was wondering if anyone had a fix for the Brabham BT62 by Shokeus? I'm currently using version 1.3 which seems like the most recent but the shadows it generates look like this:

View attachment 967079

That's not going to look good in any screeshots or videos I make. Anyone have the answer?
It seems that a lots of parts need CAST SHADOW in materials.

This worked, or rather the windshield is now clear. I added it to the end of the the original ini file.

Thanks a lots for testing. It's ok but I prefer to repair material inside 3d model giving trasparent = true

i already got it working in hardware (while editing the 3D model, so it will be independent whether you run Assetto with CSP or not)- it was on my 1st screenshot showing working lhd wipers ...
But for quick check or workaround,sure, there are many useful features in CSP - you can change properties (like transparency flag here, or opacity of eg. dirt texture on windscreen etc. before setting the values "for good" inside the 3D model) , add, hide, swap meshes, nodes, rims, apply shaders, tweak values and so on etc.
And nay, don't be worried :D , setting transparency flag here will not screw any features. It's just a quick and convenient way to set values that should be in 3D model file.
CSP just has an ability to load the properties values from external "ext_config" file. Thus the name of CSP - "patch".
(Sorry for the lenghty "tale" about CSP )

It's not so true. In our case it's ok because I've created a new material and applied only to that object but If you use same material on more objects if you change that material parameter it affects whole objects that use it.

Again thanks a lots @hellothankyou and all testers

Last edited:
Hello hi, for this 4 x shader files, should it be under "win" directory like the rest of it ?

Not sure if after many rounds of car mod install screw up this directory structure.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 26
Would you happen to know how to do that? I would appreciate an explanation.

Let me see. Please where I can find that mod? I need to open inside 3ds max or equivalent software. During conversion in fbx format mod lost parameters as I've seen Assetto Corsa by kseditor gives special material parameters (directx shaders and settings) that you can give them only with it. That's why during conversion shi@@y happens. Take my words with fingers prints I'm noob about modding, I'm learning.

I was wondering if anyone had a fix for the Brabham BT62 by Shokeus? I'm currently using version 1.3 which seems like the most recent but the shadows it generates look like this:

View attachment 967079

That's not going to look good in any screeshots or videos I make. Anyone have the answer?

as a crazy test, try this in the car ext_config.ini

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= shadowtest
MESHES = ??
MATERIALS = ??
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
LOD_OUT = 1500
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1

Last edited:
The NSX I got (somewhere from here) is ver. 1.6 (and maybe it's not even the last available), yours is ver. 1.3
I didn't check the other cars
Where I can found ver 1.6? Thx!
Someone knows if Bentley has been converted too?

as a crazy test, try this in the car ext_config.ini

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= shadowtest
MESHES = ??
MATERIALS = ??
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
LOD_OUT = 1500
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1

I'm not finding any file in the data folder that goes by that name.

@MisterWaffles and @hellothankyou and @Masscot

I like always to understand (this is my inner nature) why things happens but sometime It seems to me that people knows but doesn't help, in general, I'm not speaking about this wonderful forum. I hope to explain why it is happening.

Spiega1.png

Here are objects created and added by me here everything is ok also about materials and objects parameters (REMEMBER inside assetto corsa material is a thing objects another one) You can have n objects with 1 materials associated for example. But in the assetto corsa "world" also objects parameters are very very important we "modders" need to make objects setting changing inside kseditor and when possible try to leaver ext_config.ini easy and readable. I can understand this about tracks creator where there are a lots of objects it would be impossible to do inside kseditor but maybe for cars it can be done.

So now looking at Spoon inside kseditor only about windscreen:

SPIEGA2.png

Is transparent = false (It has lost my transparence)

I need to regive it that parameter to the object this is why a lots of modders use ext_config.ini to change them but doing that way if CSP revision is broken sometimes it can happens that works with old version and not with newest or vice versa. It's important to physically give that parameters inside kseditor when possible.

Last edited:
@MisterWaffles and @hellothankyou and @Masscot

I like always to understand (this is my inner nature) why things happens but sometime It seems to me that people knows but doesn't help, in general, I'm not speaking about this wonderful forum. I hope to explain why it is happening.

View attachment 967091

Here are objects created and added by me here everything is ok also about materials and objects parameters (REMEMBER inside assetto corsa material is a thing objects another one) You can have n objects with 1 materials associated for example. But in the assetto corsa "world" also objects parameters are very very important we "modders" need to make objects setting changing inside kseditor and when possible try to leaver ext_config.ini easy and readable. I can understand this about tracks creator where there are a lots of objects it would be impossible to do inside kseditor but maybe for cars it can be done.

So now looking at Spoon inside kseditor only about windscreen:

View attachment 967092

Is transparent = false (It has lost my transparence)

I need to regive it that parameter to the object this is why a lots of modders use ext_config.ini to change them but doing that way if CSP revision is broken sometimes it can happens that works with old version and not with newest or vice versa. It's important to physically give that parameters inside kseditor when possible.

Just following up from earlier, but I found a link to v1.2 on this forum here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-494#post-12848174

I can't use KSEditor. It's always refused to open on my PC for some reason and my laptop is no different.

I don't know of the differences between 1.2 and 1.31, so I can't know for certain how useful that link is. If it isn't I can send the version I have tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks, i would love to contribute and i already got things working on my side (talking about the windshield), just i'm not able to upload my kn5 files here. (and as i mentioned, there is issue with dashboard and tyres on importing to Blender - i think because we use different 3D software).
If you can swap the rhd wipers and adjust it,and fix other minor bugs like windshield banner(Spoon) - it will take much less time than adjusting my compatibility issues with importing this model to Blender. So, cheer up!

BTW just one more hint - if you gonna take wipers from that civic type-r ek2 (they are correct rhd wipers), remove some mesh leftovers from right wiper.

clipboard3.jpg

@flyingsaucer @JakubP - All in all, guys, you're doing a very fun project/update to a car, and you can take all the time you want to fix the few bugs. No need to hurry to release. It's always learning. Fingers crossed!

When you say "I'm not able to upload my kn5 files here", what is the reason? We are obviously limited by file size and type when using the GTP forum 'Upload a File' button, but what's stopping you from hosting the file with Mediafire, Anonfiles, Sharefiles or WeTransfer? All are quick and anonymous and don't need registration if the uploads are temporary and just for sharing files for a short time like in this instance, rather than as a permanent repository for files. Everyone here does this when wanting to share large files (eg cars or tracks) when existing links don't already exist.
You've done some useful stuff with this car (eg reversing the windscreen wipers so they operate from the correct orientation for a RHD car) and it'd be a shame not to share that work.

Last edited:
When you say "I'm not able to upload my kn5 files here", what is the reason? We are obviously limited by file size and type when using the GTP forum 'Upload a File' button, but what's stopping you from hosting the file with Mediafire, Anonfiles, Sharefiles or WeTransfer? All are quick and anonymous and don't need registration if the uploads are temporary and just for sharing files for a short time like in this instance, rather than as a permanent repository for files. Everyone here does this when wanting to share large files (eg cars or tracks) when existing links don't already exist.
You've done some useful stuff with this car (eg reversing the windscreen wipers so they operate from the correct orientation for a RHD car) and it'd be a shame not to share that work.

Hi @Masscot that is a screenshot from EK 9 he has not taken from my other car and put them on spoon, to do that animation must be redone. I've created inside 3ds max and I have my animation file. As soon as possible I'll try to take from the other car and put inside spoon adapting dimension and animation.

clipboard3.jpg

Mate it's not a leftover they exist they are wipers with plastic parts to take wind pressure to have better performance on windshield....please analyze objects with real life before telling this. I'm grateful for your help but believe me modding and animation are not plug and play.

Spazzola.png

No leftover plastic part. It's used to do better wiping normally it's mounted on hand driving side to clean better.

Last edited:
Hello all , for the Brabham BT62 my last version is V1.31 but always with the shadow problem , I would try to solve this when I had the time , there is first to finish : F355 Challenge PC2 , F40 LM , Porsche ...

Thanks

Hi friends. 'Won" has recently updated the Reverse layouts for the original Kunos-tracks on RD. This did include a fix for the messed up Laguna Seca track. Unfortunately the first installment has ruined my Laguna Seca files. Now the AI cars try to turn around after start on the normal layout.

Can somebody please post the 2 original files from the AI-dir (fast-lane + pit-lane)? I hope this will fix the problem. Thank you so much.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back