Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,018 comments
For the AC Legends 3.0 Mod Pack, does anyone have the De Tomaso Pantera Kn5 files? It's somehow not included in the AC Legends Mod 3.0 Pack. The folder and the other files for it are there, but not the actual Kn5 files. :confused:

Last edited:
You like chicanes? Speed-bumps? Speeding tickets? Stop signs? Red lights? Toll booths? I thought racing was supposed to be about fast.

My reading of this post is that he wanted a 'classic' version without chicanes, whereas the version available now has two which assuredly bugger up the flow of a track that I used to like as much as Goodwood. The GPL version was the fast classic layout so maybe that's a possible source.

Something about the AC version doesn't feel true to life - the corners and elevations feel wrong compared to driving the real track. It might be better in VR - I think I'll try that in a minute. VR made Goodwood feel and look exactly like the real track, especially at St Mary's.

EDIT: the track is not too bad. The classic track is all there: to get it back would just take the removal of two walls blocking the old track.

Last edited:
ahhhh I didn't think it would RR3 to be honest. And again ngl this is probs the first mod these melons did kind of okay.....which is a shame.

But I still prefer the older ones (not by them) but like F1 mania and all them lot who do them for free (ASR is a prime example) but they aren't up there as my favourite

I always look at every other racing game's content to see what future mods could be coming to AC lol. Mobile games like CSR2 and Real Racing 3 are most likely to gain new car models.

ACF1 has a paid 2020 Mod and it's really good.

Good evening everyone, so the Ibiza cameback from the abysses yesterday, thanks to @ParanoidDoge , @under
I don't have much time lately, I'm just browsing the forum on my phone, But you can find the wheel and suspension shift in the data/suspensions.ini folder at the bottom [GRAPHICS_OFFSETS]

Thanks, the track was too wide on the car, now the tyre fits the actual offset.

Hey mate which F1 2013 mod is this? I can't seem to find it on RD.

I'm sorry for asking, but are you after this mod?
"God that F1 2013 mod was atrociously bad ahah. Cars wouldn't turn, taking a low-speed hairpin / corner was impossible (forget Monaco, Valencia and even Spa!) ... Don't know how they ****ed up so much with the Kunos physics they nicked."

Is it masoquism or just curiosity driving a bad mod?

Just personal curiosity on my side. ;)

Needs a new AO, new rim colour, some tweaks (shift anim, wipers anim, csp extension...), a physic rework and it'll be ready

Attachments

• Screenshot_sea_ibiza_6j_el_atazar_19-10-120-17-20-33.jpg
    Screenshot_sea_ibiza_6j_el_atazar_19-10-120-17-20-33.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_sea_ibiza_6j_el_atazar_19-10-120-17-20-55.jpg
    Screenshot_sea_ibiza_6j_el_atazar_19-10-120-17-20-55.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 37
Hahahaha just curious to know which mod or team it is that is so bad, and also wanted to find which is the 2020 mod they are referring to.
It's here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferraris-opponents-2013-offline-edition.12188/

If you edit the car.ini for each car to:
[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=2.992
STEER_ASSIST=0.76
STEER_LOCK=180 ; Real car's steer lock from center to right
STEER_RATIO=15 ; Steer ratio
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.0017

it apparently solves the inability to steer the cars. I haven't tried the mod myself but might give it a go.

EDIT: it seems the latest version has these values already. Just need to check all the cars. The mod has pretty good reviews so probably worth a try.

Last edited:
I really don't wish to pour any fuel on encrypted content argument that always flares up here, but while the topic is going, does anyone have issues when running ddm (ДЯДЯ ДИМА / Esprit3905) cars where windows of competitor cars turning black? To me it seems to happen at transitions between LODs but not on every car at once, just one or two show the glitch at a time.

This only ever happens when any of the ddm cars are in the field. These are the only encrypted content I have installed so don't understand if is a problem with his cars specifically or, encrypted cars in general, maybe a random CSP thing. It is a shame that I can't get them to work properly because I really enjoy the cars, but for now they are living in 'cars-off' folder.

-- Quick edit as I decided to quickly mess with LOD settings again to test, and interestingly, disabling completely the Graphic Adjustments extension in CSP fixes the issue, but no single option within that section fixes it, only completely disabling the section. Unfortunately this is an important section to get the game looking pleasing for me, so not one I would do without,

I personally like Esprit3905 cars a lot. But this is a good example, why encrypted mods are a real annoyance.

If there is only a small thing which would be easy to fix. You can't.
If You like Your own previews. You can't.
If You like to exchange the driver model for personal taste. You can't.
If You want to race against other cars with slick tyres and the mod doesn't have any. You can't.

Appeal: Stop encrypting! It kills modding. :crazy:

Last edited:
It's here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferraris-opponents-2013-offline-edition.12188/

If you edit the car.ini for each car to:
[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=2.992
STEER_ASSIST=0.76
STEER_LOCK=180 ; Real car's steer lock from center to right
STEER_RATIO=15 ; Steer ratio
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.0017

it apparently solves the inability to steer the cars. I haven't tried the mod myself but might give it a go.

EDIT: it seems the latest version has these values already. Just need to check all the cars. The mod has pretty good reviews so probably worth a try.

Lol this is the fix I provided last month on a well-known Russian forum . Basically 'stole' these lines off the RSS 2020 ahah. Works like a charm now ; the previous version just drove like a bloody wooden plank.

In the works hopefully i won't forget that i'm working on it again. Converted the body and the interior from scratch ouch forgot to add AO to the mirrors will do the interior and the rims later. The interior is now fully a 996 GT2 its not anymore a Cluster.... of 996 GT3 and 996 GT2 parts now its fully a 996 GT2 might do a clubsport version but I'm not sure.
preview.jpg

JUST PLEASE DON'T TRUST ME ON RELEASE DATES!!.

I'm a little bit sad thinking of the fact that more and more modders ask for money or make private mods but I will never criticise them cause firstly I have no idea of modding (I'm 15years old) and I really know that making mods takes a lot of time. Furthermore, is their own work, and they can do whatever they want with it. (Sorry for my english)

You like chicanes? Speed-bumps? Speeding tickets? Stop signs? Red lights? Toll booths? I thought racing was supposed to be about fast.

No, no, I hate chicanes. There's nothing worse in the world of racing than nice long straights and sweeping bends interrupted by what looks like a scenic overlook or drive-up restaurant lane. What I'm looking to find out how to remove the chicanes in Castle Combe (they're just bypasses with the main route being blocked by tire walls -- I want to learn how to get rid of the tire wall objects.)

Been trying to turn those lights on at Barbagallo.
It's not perfect, if someone can have a look at it too, ( @Mitch9 ! help please!)
i can't find a way to do the material replacement for the correct mesh named tracklighthead so the whole head illuminates...
and i did something to illuminate the windows, not sure if it is the right way, it won't illuminate if looked sideways...)

let's say it is version 0.5, but it works, and really nice to drive there at night.

Screenshot_ddm_toyota_corolla_levin_ae86_barbagallo_4-10-120-23-4-0.jpg Screenshot_ddm_toyota_corolla_levin_ae86_barbagallo_4-10-120-23-3-6.jpg Screenshot_ddm_toyota_corolla_levin_ae86_barbagallo_4-10-120-23-2-20.jpg Screenshot_ddm_toyota_corolla_levin_ae86_barbagallo_4-10-120-23-0-52.jpg Screenshot_ddm_toyota_corolla_levin_ae86_barbagallo_4-10-120-23-0-27.jpg

just add this unencrypted code to your favourite Barbagallo ext_config file:

[LIGHTING]
SPECULAR_MULT=1.0
LIT_MULT=1.0
CAR_LIGHTS_LIT_MULT=1.0

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=floodlight
MESHES= TRACKFLOODLIGHTS?
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=32
COLOR=255,133,66,0.12
SPOT=120
RANGE=80
FADE_AT=500
FADE_SMOOTH=25
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.3
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.3
DIRECTION=NORMAL
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=floodlight glow
MESHES=TRACKFLOODLIGHTS?
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=255,133,66,0.5
OFF_VALUE_0=0, 0, 0
KEY_1=ksDiffuse
VALUE_1=0
OFF_VALUE_1=0.5
KEY_2=ksAlphaRef
VALUE_2=-193
OFF_VALUE_2=-193
KEY_3=ksAmbient
VALUE_3=1
OFF_VALUE_3=0.3
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=tracklight
MESHES=TRACKLIGHTHEAD003, TRACKLIGHTHEAD006, TRACKLIGHTHEAD009, TRACKLIGHTHEAD012, TRACKLIGHTHEAD015, TRACKLIGHTHEAD018, TRACKLIGHTHEAD021, TRACKLIGHTHEAD024
OFFSET = 0, 1, 0
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=12
COLOR=150,150,150,0.02
SPOT=120
RANGE=100
FADE_AT=500
FADE_SMOOTH=25
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.3
DIRECTION=NORMAL
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=tracklight glow
MESHES= TRACKLIGHTHEAD?, TRACKLIGHTHEAD003, TRACKLIGHTHEAD006, TRACKLIGHTHEAD009, TRACKLIGHTHEAD012, TRACKLIGHTHEAD015, TRACKLIGHTHEAD018, TRACKLIGHTHEAD021, TRACKLIGHTHEAD024
OFFSET = 0, -1, 0
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=150,150,150,.5
OFF_VALUE_0=0, 0, 0
KEY_1=ksDiffuse
VALUE_1=0
OFF_VALUE_1=0.5
KEY_2=ksAlphaRef
VALUE_2=-193
OFF_VALUE_2=-193
KEY_3=ksAmbient
VALUE_3=1
OFF_VALUE_3=0.3
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=TICKETLIGHT
MATERIALS= TintedWindow
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=5
COLOR=255,133,66,0.1
SPOT=70
RANGE=50
FADE_AT=500
FADE_SMOOTH=25
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.3
DIRECTION=NORMAL
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = TintedWindow
SHADER = ksPerPixel
BLEND_MODE = OPAQUE

ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=TICKETLIGHT glow
MATERIALS= TintedWindow
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=150,100,33,0.005
VALUE_0_OFF=0, 0, 0
KEY_1 = ksAlphaRef
VALUE_1 = -193
VALUE_1_OFF = 0, 0, 0
CONDITION = NIGHT_SHARP

ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=TenT glow
MATERIALS= TentTexture
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=10,10,10,.01
OFF_VALUE_0=0, 0, 0
KEY_1=ksDiffuse
VALUE_1=0
OFF_VALUE_1=0.5
KEY_2=ksAlphaRef
VALUE_2=-193
OFF_VALUE_2=-193
KEY_3=ksAmbient
VALUE_3=1
OFF_VALUE_3=0.3
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=TenT glow
MATERIALS= TVLogo1
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=5,5,5,.015
OFF_VALUE_0=0, 0, 0
KEY_1=ksDiffuse
VALUE_1=0
OFF_VALUE_1=0.5
KEY_2=ksAlphaRef
VALUE_2=-193
OFF_VALUE_2=-193
KEY_3=ksAmbient
VALUE_3=1
OFF_VALUE_3=0.3
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back