I am sorry. I started the ask on ACC vs AC. With all the drama and this is what you concern yourself with? It is topical and nowhere better to ask than here where we seem to be going for 2000 pages with other less important banter. If there is another forum where there are so many opinions valid, I'll be happy to ask there.
Hello everyone, hope you guys are doing great, so this is my very first conversion to AC, and at this point the neewbie modder I am needs some help, so I faced 3 problems :
1st one : the car launchs well in CM Showroom (everything's working lights steering...) but shows an error alert when trying to attempt an in-game launch
(AC\rigidbodyode.cpp (306): RigidBodyODE::setMeshCollideMask
AC\car.cpp (566): Car::step
AC\physicsengine.cpp (218): PhysicsEngine::step
AC\physicsdrivethread.cpp (246): PhysicsDriveThread::run)
2nd one : I forgot to set the Driverbase.fbx units to centimeters, and when I try to import it on my 3DS Scene the driver just doesn't appears like nothing happens
3rd one : The steer is kinda of doing a weird thing (it has a relation with the second problem I think)
I hope I will find a helping hand, nice day to all.
1. Does the car have a collder? If it's missing try to copy one from a car that has a similar shapeHello everyone, hope you guys are doing great, so this is my very first conversion to AC, and at this point the neewbie modder I am needs some help, so I faced 3 problems :
1st one : the car launchs well in CM Showroom (everything's working lights steering...) but shows an error alert when trying to attempt an in-game launch
(AC\rigidbodyode.cpp (306): RigidBodyODE::setMeshCollideMask
AC\car.cpp (566): Car::step
AC\physicsengine.cpp (218): PhysicsEngine::step
AC\physicsdrivethread.cpp (246): PhysicsDriveThread::run)
2nd one : I forgot to set the Driverbase.fbx units to centimeters, and when I try to import it on my 3DS Scene the driver just doesn't appears like nothing happens
3rd one : The steer is kinda of doing a weird thing (it has a relation with the second problem I think)
I hope I will find a helping hand, nice day to all.
Hi guys, here is one more skin for the 964 cup, I hope you like it. I have a question to ask you, is it possible to paint the front rims in one color and the rear rims in another? And if you can, would you be so kind to tell me how to do it? thanks!!
View attachment 972288
https://mega.nz/file/HJBVmIoQ#AIcW4yRQg4rDyOB78-tn-0isnog3-ZNetYDbJYlSmvo
I am quite sure his error is in the physics filesHello everyone, hope you guys are doing great, so this is my very first conversion to AC, and at this point the neewbie modder I am needs some help, so I faced 3 problems :
1st one : the car launchs well in CM Showroom (everything's working lights steering...) but shows an error alert when trying to attempt an in-game launch
(AC\rigidbodyode.cpp (306): RigidBodyODE::setMeshCollideMask
AC\car.cpp (566): Car::step
AC\physicsengine.cpp (218): PhysicsEngine::step
AC\physicsdrivethread.cpp (246): PhysicsDriveThread::run)Like
2nd one : I forgot to set the Driverbase.fbx units to centimeters, and when I try to import it on my 3DS Scene the driver just doesn't appears like nothing happens
3rd one : The steer is kinda of doing a weird thing (it has a relation with the second problem I think)
I hope I will find a helping hand, nice day to all.
I will try to find that option to name the spectators in some special way that allows them off,Well done, RMi and team! My drive time today has been on this Imola rather than 2020 Imola in ACC. If I may, I have 1 request. Is there an option to remove spectators? Just my personal preference; I've never liked the spectator images in AC.
From my personal experience it's simply down to hardware. I recently bought a csw 2.5 and it has made all of my games so much better. I had a csl Elite prior to that and the difference was very noticeable. Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels are pretty limited and struggle with a lot of subtle details and nuances.Ive never been able to get on board with ACC's FFB. It just doesn't give me the same feel as AC does, at least on my lowly G27.
1. Does the car have a collder? If it's missing try to copy one from a car that has a similar shape
2. You can resize the driver model in cm showroom by going to the car tab, show driver, movable driver and after pressing T you will be able to move it if you select the axis or resize it if you select the cube inside the axis. Save the position when done. I'm not sure this is what you needed but judging from the pics it can help. Set 3dsmax unit scale to meters to work with AC models.
3. You probably need to redo the steering wheel dummy, it looks placed wrong. Check the pipeline, it should say how the dummy should be placed
I hope this helps
I am quite sure his error is in the physics files
clue 1. AC\physicsdrivethread.cpp (246): PhysicsDriveThread::run)
clue 2. loads in showroom
clue 3. does not load on track
i could be wrong.
(post your log.txt)
I will try to find that option to name the spectators in some special way that allows them off,
thanks for the tip.
edit: You could use ext_config to remove them
Yes, I can use hide objects in ext_config to hide the spectators. Only asking if you have a quicker solution with the kn5 file. I appreciate your feedback.I am quite sure his error is in the physics files
clue 1. AC\physicsdrivethread.cpp (246): PhysicsDriveThread::run)
clue 2. loads in showroom
clue 3. does not load on track
i could be wrong.
(post your log.txt)
I will try to find that option to name the spectators in some special way that allows them off,
thanks for the tip.
edit: You could use ext_config to remove them
I wouldn't bother much about the rim blur, it's actually not really needed imo. If you delete it, remember to delete the lines of code in blurred objects.ini too or the game will start crashing again looking for those objects.1.Just copied the Mito collider worked like charm (But I need to remove the rim blur I think the Rim blur texture is active even at stop and I need to change the car alignement too).
2.Just resized the driver but I have no steer animation
3.I will redo the steer dummy will tell you how it goes.
Thanks alot !
Was related to the collider I used the Alfa Mito's one the car just launched !
Well done, RMi and team! My drive time today has been on this Imola rather than 2020 Imola in ACC. If I may, I have 1 request. Is there an option to remove spectators? Just my personal preference; I've never liked the spectator images in AC.
I will try to find that option to name the spectators in some special way that allows them off,
thanks for the tip.
edit: You could use ext_config to remove them
This (e.g.) ?Guys, need your expertise here:View attachment 972665
Is there any good source available where I can find the real car´s info from the DRM cars? I´ve searched already the whole web it seems but wasn´t sucessful at all. Maybe @ales100i you know something more?![]()
This (e.g.) ?
Montecarlo Turbo
The Montecarlo Turbo was a Group 5 racer. It was the first racing car to be fielded by Lancia in eight years when it entered the May 1979 Silverstone Six-Hours race. It won the 1979 World Championship for Makes (under 2-litre division) and overall for 1980 World Championship for Makes and 1981 World Endurance Championship for Makes. Hans Heyer also won the Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft in 1980 at the wheel of a Montecarlo. In 1980 Turbo also placed first and second at Giro d'Italia automobilistico, an Italian counterpart of the Tour de France Automobile.
Being a silhouette car, the Montecarlo Turbo only shared the centre section of the body with its namesake production car. Front and rear tubular subframes supported the suspension and housed the engine, still mid-mounted with Colotti gearbox. Three engines were used: 440 hp 1,425.9 cc, 490 hp 1,429.4 cc and 490 hp 1,773.0 cc
I wouldn't bother much about the rim blur, it's actually not really needed imo. If you delete it, remember to delete the lines of code in blurred objects.ini too or the game will start crashing again looking for those objects.
For the steering wheel animation, I'm not an expert but I think you can borrow one from other cars (the ksanim) and place it inside the animation folder and if that doesn't fit you would need to make a custom new one. You have to adjust it later of course.
I hope you manage to fix the dummy
... or maybe this link will help?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/drm-revival-real-names-data-pack.35059/
This was the text I had in the car description (together with the fake naming which I left out).Thanks, did you just search for the car´s name with google? I meant more a website collecting all the cars from the DRM era in particular. But I will use the text at least for this car now.![]()
Guys, need your expertise here:View attachment 972665
Is there any good source available where I can find the real car´s info from the DRM cars? I´ve searched already the whole web it seems but wasn´t sucessful at all. Maybe @ales100i you know something more?![]()
I have figured out how to control the FBX ini file input/output from Blender by tweaking the importer/exporter and creating an additional control panel for both texture and "other properties" directly within blender, but while I can populate dropdowns with all kind of wonderful shaders and other settings, I dont fully understand all them and my google-fu is weak, I can find some info on some of them across heaps of different post, and a lot of posts flag some as "?" or "not sure what this does", can anyone link to an official kunos supplied document about exactly what they all do?
View attachment 972654
View attachment 972655
View attachment 972658
There is very little info available from those times. There are some books, but are all payed, a few short youtube videos,... Try this site. I already put in search for group 5 cars, to get you started:Guys, need your expertise here:View attachment 972665
Is there any good source available where I can find the real car´s info from the DRM cars? I´ve searched already the whole web it seems but wasn´t sucessful at all. Maybe @ales100i you know something more?![]()