Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,769 comments
Regarding the lights on the recently updated Daytona 1.3 not working for some people, there has been a hot fix put in place to fix any problems with the config files, v1.31 now. You can either grab this file and overwrite the configs this way or go back to the post linked at the bottom and download the track again, https://www.mediafire.com/file/1gj86x0jn85zflw/rt_daytona__config_fix_remove_ext_config.ini.7z/

or

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2325#post-13372289

So I tested v1.31, and still find the lights too dim, maybe was a design choice? or maybe a problem on my end? But I find the ligths in v1.0 much better in my opinion. I took some comparison shots:

v1.0

Screenshot_acfsk_911_rsr_20_rt_daytona_night_14-2-121-15-53-16.jpg
Screenshot_acfsk_911_rsr_20_rt_daytona_night_14-2-121-15-58-0.jpg
Screenshot_acfsk_911_rsr_20_rt_daytona_night_14-2-121-15-58-56.jpg
Screenshot_acfsk_911_rsr_20_rt_daytona_night_14-2-121-15-59-13.jpg

v1.31

Screenshot_acfsk_911_rsr_20_rt_daytona_14-2-121-15-57-15.jpg
Screenshot_acfsk_911_rsr_20_rt_daytona_14-2-121-16-0-47.jpg
Screenshot_acfsk_911_rsr_20_rt_daytona_14-2-121-15-54-32.jpg
Screenshot_acfsk_911_rsr_20_rt_daytona_14-2-121-15-56-11.jpg

Last edited:
OK it seems now that opening any car kn5-file with 3DSimED and importing them (even if no changes are made) breaks any car and can't be driven no more, CM giving various error messages. This started just suddenly with no apparent reason. I've tried reinstalling couple of versions of 3DSimED, no help. Anyone familiar with this issue?

Sometimes this game makes me feel like...

I did do a fresh install

You can fix this by changing bolded global parameters in ext_config in given layout

[LIGHTING]

BOUNCED_LIGHT_MULT=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

ENABLE_TREES_LIGHTING=0

TERRAIN_SHADOWS_THRESHOLD=0.00

LIT_MULT=2.00

CAR_LIGHTS_LIT_MULT=1.00

SPECULAR_MULT=1.00

TRACK_AMBIENT_GROUND_MULT=0.50

[LIGHT_POLLUTION]

RELATIVE_POSITION=0, 0, 0

DENSITY=9.0

RADIUS_KM=1.0

COLOR=1.0, 1.0, 0.95

I wanted to retrieve some textures from a kunos car, but i dont know where they are located, in the texture folder there are only the flames textures.

I wanted to retrieve some textures from a kunos car, but i dont know where they are located, in the texture folder there are only the flames textures.

You have to unpack the KN5 which will generated a unpack folder with textures. You have to have CM in developer mode to do this which you can change under Setting - content manager - General - developer mode.

You have to unpack the KN5 which will generated a unpack folder with textures. You have to have CM in developer mode to do this which you can change under Setting - content manager - General - developer mode.
I don't see the option, do i need the full version ?

edit: nevermind, i did it with 3DSimED

Last edited:
Mine looks like this to maybe a little better. It definitely does not look like ReisF1 has posted. Maybe it is a type of filter you have running.
I was using SOL filter on both shots. I guess it's not a problem with the track, It's just that I prefer the way the light config was done before. It seems more closer to what you would see on the onboards.

True?? why have problem with the tree light?
Try it out. Give trees shadow receiver and take a look. I can't get in game, but as far I tested with old CSP versions, ksTree_ppshadows was one option for trees getting shadows, though it have some side effects you may not want.

Last edited:
hey guys can someone help with this issue?

dont know what do

strange shadows in smoke and in the reflection ;(

can someone help me please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_nr_bmw_m4_convertible_stance_drift_14-2-121-22-25-32.png
    Screenshot_nr_bmw_m4_convertible_stance_drift_14-2-121-22-25-32.png
    78 KB · Views: 49
  • Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    152.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_nr_bmw_m4_convertible_stance_drift_14-2-121-22-41-7.png
    Screenshot_nr_bmw_m4_convertible_stance_drift_14-2-121-22-41-7.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Could anybody help with this model ? I've already done some work on it, but it needs some better textures and some normals are in the wrong directions. Some parts are a bit blocky too. I've included some textures, but the folder is a bit of a mess :dunce:
It also needs some UV Mapping

Attachments

• Subarubrzgt300.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 19
  • Subarubrzgt300tex.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Regarding the lights on the recently updated Daytona 1.3 not working for some people, there has been a hot fix put in place to fix any problems with the config files, v1.31 now. You can either grab this file and overwrite the configs this way or go back to the post linked at the bottom and download the track again, https://www.mediafire.com/file/1gj86x0jn85zflw/rt_daytona__config_fix_remove_ext_config.ini.7z/

or

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2325#post-13372289

thanks for the update! the AI on the oval is surprisingly good as well!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020_chevrolet_camaro_nascar_rt_daytona_15-2-121-0-24-7.jpg
    Screenshot_2020_chevrolet_camaro_nascar_rt_daytona_15-2-121-0-24-7.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 37

or

By my count, this is the fifth Daytona v1.3 I've seen.

Last edited:
Just a heads up: if you downloaded the 2018 Bentley Bentayga SUV beta, the latest automatic CM update will encrypt it.

Is this the one from Assettoland or is this from somewhere else? In any case would you mind sharing it here, it'll be great.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
By my count, this is the fifth Daytona v1.3 I've seen.
But your first 1.31 ? ;)

As stated 1.3 was leaked (the link) and some updates were done to that version which was not meant to be public as there was some tidying up to do and some issues here and there that were being tested. Lessons learned, hopefully we will have a tighter hand on test versions in future, sorry for any inconvenience.

OK it seems now that opening any car kn5-file with 3DSimED and importing them (even if no changes are made) breaks any car and can't be driven no more, CM giving various error messages. This started just suddenly with no apparent reason. I've tried reinstalling couple of versions of 3DSimED, no help. Anyone familiar with this issue?

For cars, on import, 'Keep Object Nesting' must be ticked.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back