Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,061 comments
With regards to the GT4 windscreens:
I downloaded the cars and had a look at the Aston, the file in question was INTERNAL_glass.dds of which i just took a screengrab in 1024x1024 and dropped it into photoshop, let CM calculate the AO which showed me where the seperate glass panels were, with those two layers and a bit of playing around i managed to cobble together a new DDS which still has some dirt but i think it's reduced by a lot.
A completely black showroom is an extreme example to highlight the difference:
McPGcxU.png

kL5xZno.png

I attached the file for the Aston Martin Vantage, you'd have to drop it into the skin of your choice and see if it's any better. It's possible to further reduce it by playing with the alpha layer.

This would obviously be a lot easier if the fine lads (and ladies?) from guerilla mods would give us the actual files to play with.

Attachments

• INTERNAL_glass.zip
    631.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
hello to all I am looking for the template of the peugeot 306 maxi evo 2 to do better than that thank you to youView attachment 1078127
Don't know about this new version of this car but for older ones this template should work just fine:

https://mega.nz/file/qE0QTCjL#0RHMuyfe-jZJWrhHEMRCYsN7Kfv4DwoJSboymG6cdao

EDIT:
Are you sure you have the latest 306 maxi evo 2 mod? The one I have comes with 13 skins, so I'm not sure if you need making some new skins for this car.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Zolder67 revisited, repackaged, reskinned. Please completely delete the old version of the track before installing. The zip includes the edited track and new skins. One skin called "Notta 'Fana' Mountains!' I made specifically for our friend @Fanapryde, as he let me know his home track of Zolder has NO surrounding mountains IRL.

View attachment 930624

Happy racing, my friends!

New darker frost-free grass, grunged-up billboards and basic RainFX for Teddie's update of Zolder '67 (track folder name: ted_zolder67_reworked)

(track was posted here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1638#post-13221125)

I messed up and lost that 'no surrounding mountains' skin that Teddie made (I have no backup either 😞)
His link is dead, could you please provide a similar skin to get rid of the mountains ?
Tia.

I love you guys so much. I'm not a very good modder, don't really have the time/skills to do what you guys are doing, but thank you.

My project atm has been trying to compile as many different circuits (including layout changes) that have ever been used in Formula 1. Was able to whittle down the total to 157, currently leaving me with 39 missing, and 8 of those that I do have as "close enough"

Since Monza is coming up next week i was watching the 99' edition of the race and saw this old layout. So far in my research i haven't been able to find this version of the circuit. If anyone knows of a verison of this circuit out there for AC let me know.

Ahhh, the old Variante del Rettifilo... How many times I planted a Benetton against the outer wall in F1 97.

SBB Project's Monza 1988 should do the trick, although I am not sure if they re-profiled the second Lesmo corner in between.

Last edited:
Ahhh, the old Variante del Rettifilo... How many times I planted a Benetton against the outer wall in F1 97.

SBB Project's Monza 1988 should do the trick, although I am not sure if they re-profiled the second Lesmo corner in between.

Pretty much Curva Grande through to the second Lesmo was reprofiled for 1994. This is one of the missing layouts as mentioned in my above post.
Monza 1994-1999.

TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

Zandvoort 2020 (it works with the update by Pyyer and it should without it too)

• New EXT_CONFIG
  • New TV Cams
  • Texture fix for the semaphore

v2.1 (compatible with the updated 2.0 by Pyyer) (RECCOMENDED DOWNLOAD)

This is basically the v2.0 but with the fix of a texture. The semaphore (which in Pyyer version, like in the base track) is covered with a metal plane, once removed the semaphore lights have a bad texture which i replaced with a green one for a better looking of the lights.

Unfortunately that material, is also used for a wall on the top of the pit building (same name of material and mesh for both). So, if you use (by copying the skin folder of my update) the updated texture, you will have a not visible while driving, nor in replay green wall at the top of the building but better looking semaphore lights.

If you don't like, just remove the texture from the skins-default folder of the track ;)

Preview of the texture problem
View attachment 1078306
View attachment 1078307

PREVIEWS
View attachment 1078128View attachment 1078129View attachment 1078130View attachment 1078131View attachment 1078132View attachment 1078133View attachment 1078134View attachment 1078135
LATEST UPDATE (Compatible with v2.1 by Pyyer)

Everyone, should redownload it because it's way better with the latest fix

Enjoy

Last edited:

Pretty much Curva Grande through to the second Lesmo was reprofiled for 1994. This is one of the missing layouts as mentioned in my above post.
Monza 1994-1999.
Yeah I can imagine the a.i having great time especially at the start.

Hey mates
Someone know how to set up the height of the gravity center ?
probably the most appropriate parameter is this
suspensions.ini
BASEY = -0.110; Distance of CG from the center of the wheel in meters. Front Wheel Radius + BASEY = front CoG. Actual CG height = (FWR + FBasey) + (RWR + Rbasey)) / CG_LOCATION%

Yeah I can imagine the a.i having great time especially at the start.

maybe some of our skilled reworkers could take a look at this..
would love to have the old monza updated to somewhat 2021 modding status.

Heineken GP de Portugal
AUTODROMO INTERNATIONAL DO ALGARVE, PORTIMAO
FINAL VERSION

* FIRST OF ALL, YOU MUST REMOVE ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF TRACK BEFORE INSTALLING THIS LAST VERSION *
YOU CANNOT COPY OVER THE TOP OF OLD ONE.

This is about as far as we can go with this track, so on behalf of @marc_13000 and myself @Blackcelica we hope you enjoy.

START FINISH STRAIGHT LIGHTS Re-Positioned
View attachment 1008872

NEW ELECTRONIC DISPLAY, PIT ENTRY
View attachment 1008873

DETAILED PIT LANE
View attachment 1008874

NEW ROLEX BRIDGE ADDED
View attachment 1008875

2X DRS ZONES with MARKERS ADDED (trigger point shown by car positions)
View attachment 1008876
View attachment 1008877

ROLEX TOWER ROOF ANTENNA ADDED
View attachment 1008878

HEINEKEN FLOOR SPONSOR
View attachment 1008879

P-ZERO FLOOR LOGO ADDED
View attachment 1008880

NEW CRISP CLEAN TEXTURES, NEW CURBS,
View attachment 1008881

CROWD ADDED BACK IN TO CHEER YOU ON
View attachment 1008882

RAIN FX ADDED (For those who have correct CSP Preview)
View attachment 1008883

SPONSORS AS CLOSE TO REAL LIFE AS POSSIBLE
View attachment 1008884

NOW THE IMPORTANT BITS.......THE LINK

Removed whilst racedepartment cut and pastes are happening

I would also like to thank @marc_13000 for his outstanding work and patience in adding bits in, we were still in talks at 2am over this track, kids nearly didn't make it to school today.

KNOWN ISSUES.

ROLEX Building roof antenna....... NOW FIXED
SCENERY GLITCH....... NOW FIXED
VAO PATCH.........NOW FIXED
IN WITH THE FIXES WERE SOME ADDITIONAL VISUAL UPGRADES TO FLOOR LOGOS, TRUCKS AND GRANDSTAND LOGOS.

Hi all,
Would anyone have a working link for this and also Paul Ricard by @Blackcelica?
Would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys..

Got them.
Thank you very much @Breathe..

Last edited:
Much easier just to send you the complete track in case your base is out of date too - or you can just grab the 'no mountains' skin from it if you prefer.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w9en5kyqjvzvifg/ted_zolder67_reworked.7z/file

I think it's 02-TED-EDiTS skin (check the ui_track_skin.json file)
https://sharemods.com/klyt8px5bnnn/02-TED-EDiTS.7z.html
Thanks both ! 👍😃👍
The track was up to date, but I guess at a certain point I must have moved that no mountain skin (indeed the 02_TED-EDITS) from my backup to a new installed version, in stead of copying it.
Anyway, I'm good now. 😉

Edit: just found out I didn't make a mistake after all. In my backup file I had no CMskins, but I included the stuff I wanted directly into the default skin...hence I thought I 'lost' the no mountains Background.dds

Last edited:
Is Uncle M's MkI Golf GTI (with the diembodied driver's hands, the holes in the cockpit, the gaps in the seats, the flipped passenger mirror etc) really the best MkI GTI in Assetto Corsa?
A classic like this gets treated so badly while everyone focuses on pumping out copy/paste M4s and 911s?
Sheesh.

RSS 1990 Championship
Request as some people struggling to find the Phoenix 91 track and RD wont allow me sometimes to direct link my GDrive
1630843151187.png

Some tracks better than others but these were the ones around at the time. (Oct 2020)
1990 Tracks: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1duz8o5IZsYlBigSKu61Alc420FvvIsRe?usp=sharing
1990 RSS Skins and championship files : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GpIdxKm14_1msgLXzNZKfRnGKDoaLlwU?usp=sharing

Original Racedepartment link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1990-rss-v12-championship.36439/

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back