Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,807 comments
Does anyone know the trick to make large exhaust flames happen more commonly than smaller flames? I know it involves three files (flames.ini, flame_presets.ini and sounds.ini) but I try to make adjustments and it doesn't have much of an effect.

A big thanks to @RMi_wood for all his work with tracks for this community, it's greatly appreciated and enjoyed. I recently started messing around with track skins through CM, so here is a track skin for Alpental, updating the billboards to more modern versions with preview and loading screen.
20210912-100701-nfss2_alpental-scirocco_gc10_v6.jpg

Enjoy.
https://mega.nz/file/i4oiVRSb#z2uuJvuCgwdytToNHT9iqjV7iEEq7EFHesesu_Gomes

Hello everyone! How is it going?

Sometime ago, there is a F80 M3 pack released by MNBA, it's all included and looks amazing: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...tN8_wr2GY8Tc3ha66oqUbYjBgWzPaDsBNmy4-nyG0a2zE

It is great to finally have it to compete with all those of the same class (Alfa Guilia, Merc C63 available done by the same guys and Infiniti Q50 ER)
However, I am not sure if the M3s are all overpowered or the others are not accurate, as the M3s clearly get much faster than they should be in the straight lines. Also, they seems to have much stiffer suspension than the Kunos M4, which technically should be similar.
1631474531987.png
1631474568578.png

Therefore my question is, if there is someone that can point me to the right direction of if it needs some fixing within the data, or it si just me that sees this problem?

Thank you all for reading and appreciate the help in advance

History of Porsche say "ugly" ! 😆

View attachment 1079859

Porsche 944 Turbo Cup : https://mega.nz/file/9JZEhb6T#M2Y7uV9K2t9yAoHi-fB1EnG679yj4maSWOJygMHtHWE

Porsche 968 Turbo RS : https://mega.nz/file/89YVxCLD#kpm3Qpzl8o3PJgIjsFPZ9ecAdsAhRtyaRhKzvBhveRw

Porsche 924 GTP : No Public version (very bad 3d)

Your download link for the 944 Turbo Cup has version 1.01, is that the current version? Because I seem to have version 1.02, but no idea where I got it from...
Same version here: 1.02 🤔
Going by the time stamp on the files, the 1.02 is newer than the one from the link above.

Last edited:
Same version here: 1.02 🤔
Going by the time stamp on the files, the 1.02 is newer than the one from the link above.
Hi :) Any chance for a link? Would be very much appreciated from a Porsche nuts from Porscheland... aka me :D

Sometime ago, there is a F80 M3 pack released by MNBA, it's all included and looks amazing: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://mega.nz/file/oTRQQJTR?fbclid=IwAR3wm6iuaJWLWpOUL8kAuwoCdwrFU9FSlfFYPHPCRQyJ03Q-TAH8de4Qukk#WA8syaa35fUVrm28kuHxMbhOy9i2k65vTyced8tIUB8&h=AT1X4FtQc1G2TDGUyHIxX6zQzX5lAHo-6ANRrJnahDQyf8559jxBSMmPrhVFSW7QmTLettxxJP_uAJpdHp1MgyYTWL7OKpTMHHyiDXODkK3CyzXvoVpsjZLaEoSSiS3mPPaw&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT3pGSGvtij_S4FLOvnZ1zahyUDc6ES5PD2cT6Wy_hjgLJM2GeM_KeD3UVWOoNckYa3sZNNEChGUNdgJUr2hG-eHDW_oZ_4dXlCD3ByHMPi7j_zwXyCawKtN8_wr2GY8Tc3ha66oqUbYjBgWzPaDsBNmy4-nyG0a2zE

It is great to finally have it to compete with all those of the same class (Alfa Guilia, Merc C63 available done by the same guys and Infiniti Q50 ER)
However, I am not sure if the M3s are all overpowered or the others are not accurate, as the M3s clearly get much faster than they should be in the straight lines. Also, they seems to have much stiffer suspension than the Kunos M4, which technically should be similar.
View attachment 1079895View attachment 1079896

Therefore my question is, if there is someone that can point me to the right direction of if it needs some fixing within the data, or it si just me that sees this problem?

I deleted it because it was faster than it should have been.

Can anyone help me with exhaust flames? I would like to know how I can control a car's parameters on when they shoot their exhaust flames, and the size of them. I noticed in some cars it happens when you downshift, in others it happens when you release the accelerator after having reached the rev limit. I know flames are controlled by three files in the car's data (flames.ini, flame_presets.ini and sounds.ini) but I never knew the details of how they work.

Sometime ago, there is a F80 M3 pack released by MNBA, it's all included and looks amazing: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://mega.nz/file/oTRQQJTR?fbclid=IwAR3wm6iuaJWLWpOUL8kAuwoCdwrFU9FSlfFYPHPCRQyJ03Q-TAH8de4Qukk#WA8syaa35fUVrm28kuHxMbhOy9i2k65vTyced8tIUB8&h=AT1X4FtQc1G2TDGUyHIxX6zQzX5lAHo-6ANRrJnahDQyf8559jxBSMmPrhVFSW7QmTLettxxJP_uAJpdHp1MgyYTWL7OKpTMHHyiDXODkK3CyzXvoVpsjZLaEoSSiS3mPPaw&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT3pGSGvtij_S4FLOvnZ1zahyUDc6ES5PD2cT6Wy_hjgLJM2GeM_KeD3UVWOoNckYa3sZNNEChGUNdgJUr2hG-eHDW_oZ_4dXlCD3ByHMPi7j_zwXyCawKtN8_wr2GY8Tc3ha66oqUbYjBgWzPaDsBNmy4-nyG0a2zE

View attachment 1079895View attachment 1079896

Yeah you are right, some of the fantastic looking mods are overpowered, grippier, stiffer and not easy to keep up during a quick race or track day ride then the similar class cars... You can edit the power output by unpacking data file and changing values in drivetrain, engine and power scripts in data file and repacking them. But it's not always easy to retune to realistic specs in this case reduce power....Also at physics department (suspension, grip, ffb, bodyroll) I can only say to compare it with similar cars datas which you think are more realistic, watching real-life review and driving videos and doing some trail-error tests which in my opinion needs more experience which I cannot invest enough time yet. If you can reach out this guy did good physics updates and try to learn more but he is not around for a while :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMOFM8OEKoRVgf2APXb157g/videos

There are also some modders good at physics on facebook where this mod released...Tell them about yoıu opinion

Same modder released a BMW M2 few hours a go...again same situation..even stock 2015 M2 is as fast as a Ferrari 458 Italia.. I hope they realise this situation and do something...

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

any time i try to lauch the track "buzetski dani 0,8" i get a crash with the error "Can’t launch the race: track main layout is missing."

Reloaded the tracks several times from racedepartment and installed it using content manager but the error remains. Some people seem to have the same problem, but reading the comment section on racedepartment it seems for most people the tracks works perfectly.

Any ideas...where the source of such problems may lie...? Help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Alex

Hey Guys,

any time i try to lauch the track "buzetski dani 0,8" i get a crash with the error "Can’t launch the race: track main layout is missing."

Reloaded the tracks several times from racedepartment and installed it using content manager but the error remains. Some people seem to have the same problem, but reading the comment section on racedepartment it seems for most people the tracks works perfectly.

Any ideas...where the source of such problems may lie...? Help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Alex
Just rename the folder of the track in Buzetski_Dani and do the same with the KN5 inside the folder. It will works fine then (Even it requires a new EXT_CONFIG which is not present since the track is on 0.7 version from a long time. I will make it as soon as i found time ;)

EDIT (I missed the v0.8 update but the solution works fine too)

• Rename the track folder from buzetski dani 0,8 to Buzetski_Dani
  • Then rename the buzetski dani 0,8 o and buzetski dani 0,8 inside the folder like Buzetski_Dani and Buzetski_Dani_1
  • Then copy and paste those two new names inside the models.ini

Everything will work fine

Last edited:
Hey guys been a while, I want to see everyone's opinion on what should I do, since im going to be skinning again.
Please vote every vote counts.
View attachment 1079905
Firstly welcome back to skinning you're Old skins - as in for old cars back in the 80s/90s are great additions for these cars. And honestly i'd say with nice advice go with your gut if you want to remaster your old skins go for it if you want to make some brand news skins go for it. Follow your own gut and main choice and do what your gut says

I think the track "Lime Rock Mountain" (for assetto) is that track. Not sure where it's from...
Alison Hine and I lobbied for a version of the never-built (irl) Lime Rock Mountain circuit. In my reporting, Jim Haynes told me it was never built because, at first, there weren't enough marshals to man all the extra stations, and, later, because the local anti-noise ordinance (why do people move near race tracks and then complain about the noise?) made any major changes improbable. For our troubles, we got parts of the new layout named after us: the Hine Hairpin and the Smith Straight. There have been a couple of tries at imagining the extension, but none are very convincing. Geodesic maps are available to get the elevations right, and I believe there are a couple of aerial photos showing faint traces of the time Jim Haynes rode his back-hoe through the woods to rough out an outline of the proposed addition.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back