Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,987 comments

Monza with more spectators.​

2.jpg

Last edited:
I've just fired this up and have a new tachometer appearing on screen, but... I haven't worked out where the controls are for its size and position, or discovered where you can turn if on and off. It doesn't seems to have the normal controls to do that. If anyone works out how to move and resize it, I'd appreciate hearing how!

EDIT: I worked out that it's controlled by the new LUA apps thingy.
I need a little help on p134 please. I went from p63 to this direct and all of the sudden my brightness have gone to hell. everything super dark - like an AO film in car. I have Sol2.1.3 still and use _sol PP filter. Exposure was at 100% and Brightness also at 100%.

Going back to p63 everything works, but I would love to use the latest preview.

Should I use a different PPF or SOL version? Could you perhaps post your CM preset for me to try please?

Last edited:
TCR physics are not particulars inspiring, I really struggle to get the car to rotate on corner entry, just doesn't feel like the weight is being moved to the front allowing the rear to be mobile. Even with lowest rear wing the rear jacked up, stiffest rear ARB, limiting rear travel and stiffing the packers it still doesn't rotate as much as I'd like! The driving experience lacks any FWD character for me.

TBH the "league physics" just seem to be a bit of a cop out :(

I have tried the Free T78 Hyundai, default setup, that thing really rotates, especially at speed, maybe even a little too much...

I guess if I want decent TCR racing I should stick with Raceroom ;)

The real think is that we are used to play FWD race mods like BTCC and other TCR which have a big tendency to rotate. Some times being little bit anoying because is very dificult to make a corner braking til the apex without make some drift.
At the end, every one is stifenimg the rear ARB, lowering the rear, reducing resr tyre pressure, etc etc.

The fact is that those cars have a lot of weight in the front end and the inertia should make them to suffer understeer.

It's true that in other hand, the low weight im the rear due to the weight transfer on braking could make us think that the rear end would feel loose maybe.

In the other FWD mods rear tires are always cold and they feel like make of wood.
But in reality, FWD race cars can heat up rear tires too, as the TCR virtual mod is doing.

Watching real WTCR onboards they look quite stable in the corner entry with no signs of wild overteer.

My point is that not because the major of the mods have a certain behaviour, means that must be the correct one.

Last edited:
To be honest, i don't expect models like in FM7 or similar, but AT LEAST, models that are high quality for an official content or AT LEAST at the level of the kunos models and not like a rip from rF1 from 2007....
Tbh I don't think I was the only one that half-expected Fuzo and the TMM team to be involved with the development of the official TCR mod. Their Cupra TCR is absolutely gorgeous, and it's published via RaceDepartment - all in all they are a known quantity.

I haven't the faintest idea who worked on the actual mod (has anybody heard of WSC Group before? honest question), I am sure they gave their 100% to create a mod that met the specifications required by the TCRv organizers, and ultimately the end result is just fine for online league racing, but there are definitely way better products out there - like Fuzo's Cupra or T78's TCR pack.

It's also annoying how inconsistent the mod's quality is - because the Lynk & Co's model is pretty much on the same level as Tommy78's, but then you have cars like the Audi or the Giulietta that are about as pleasant as a fistful of sand in the eyes to look at. And then you have things like the Lynk's dash or the Elantra's third stop not working - which I imagine could be problematic for league racers too.

Hopefully at least the promised Megane will be of a better quality than the one in he Rollovers' old TCR pack.

Tbh I don't think I was the only one that half-expected Fuzo and the TMM team to be involved with the development of the official TCR mod. Their Cupra TCR is absolutely gorgeous, and it's published via RaceDepartment - all in all they are a known quantity.

I haven't the faintest idea who worked on the actual mod (has anybody heard of WSC Group before? honest question), I am sure they gave their 100% to create a mod that met the specifications required by the TCRv organizers, and ultimately the end result is just fine for online league racing, but there are definitely way better products out there - like Fuzo's Cupra or T78's TCR pack.

It's also annoying how inconsistent the mod's quality is - because the Lynk & Co's model is pretty much on the same level as Tommy78's, but then you have cars like the Audi or the Giulietta that are about as pleasant as a fistful of sand in the eyes to look at. And then you have things like the Lynk's dash or the Elantra's third stop not working - which I imagine could be problematic for league racers too.

Hopefully at least the promised Megane will be of a better quality than the one in he Rollovers' old TCR pack.
never heard about them before (maybe they have a different name for other stuff) but, as said, i never expected from an "OFFICIAL" something a terrible quality like that. I'm sure that they have done all their best, but, probably, they are not enough able to produce stuff like that in the quality needed.

I'm a brand identity and graphic designer in real life, but i never ever sell myself as 3D designer, because i'm not. So, if they did it for free, for trying to be someone in the future, i can barely appreciated the effort, but no, they should have give up before or even avoided start working on them, because they are not enough able to produce this kind of content (for the moment).

I hope they will be one day a standard like RSS became, but for the moment they are pretty far from any quality level, and the fact that RD-TCR and whoever accepted this kind of stuff (thet have them ready before the release) makes me sad, because they for sure saw the lower quality of this content way before everyone of us.

I have nothing against WSC, but, as said, from a world competition like TCR, from a community like RD i was expecting so much more than this release :-/

The real think is that we are used to play FWD race mods like BTCC and other TCR which have a big tendency to rotate. Some times being little bit anoying because is very dificult to make a corner braking til the apex without make some drift.
At the end, every one is stifenimg the rear ARB, lowering the rear, reducing resr tyre pressure, etc etc.

The fact is that those cars have a lot of weight in the front end and the inertia should make them to suffer understeer.

It's true that in other hand, the low weight im the rear due to the weight transfer on braking could make us think that the rear end would feel loose maybe.

In the other FWD mods rear tires are always cold and they feel like make of wood.
But in reality, FWD race cars can heat up rear tires too, as the TCR virtual mod is doing.

Watching real WTCR onboards they look quite stable in the corner entry with no signs of wild overteer.

My point is that not because the major of the mods have a certain behaviour, means that must be the correct one.
Finally a smart and pertinent comment about FWD behaviour.
Thank you and congratulations.

For me the problem is only one:

• I ONLY pay for quality content (RSS, VRC and very very few others because the quality is on higer).
  • Whatever is ripper, if is BAD quality, models, physics or else it went on the trash bin immediately or even not downloaded from me.

The REAL problem with TCR mod is that they promoved it as the biggest thing ever done in sim racing, with official partnership, things that you've never seen before (with screens, video and so on) which sell things are not even real:

• Cars are very terrible models (jesus at this point it would have been better if they ripped them than share that unfinished models)
  • Models have holes, and missing double faces (basic for AC) like for the escape pipe which you can see through

• No official skins and the one presents are 2k upscaled from 1k (as graphic designer my eyes are started crying blood)
  • Missing basic features (they've showd rain screens, but the wipers aren't working and brake lights too on some models)

To be honest, i don't expect models like in FM7 or similar, but AT LEAST, models that are high quality for an official content or AT LEAST at the level of the kunos models and not like a rip from rF1 from 2007....

Who cares about the prize of 10k or real test for the winner when the brand-image of the TCR is represented by low poly models and crappy textures... This is not good for the TCR image itself, not only for the sim-racing community and RD too imho.

Ok, it's free, but who cares of something like that when it's available something which is 10 times better for a small amount of money (even less that the official mod on Raceroom)? I've registered myself in the championship, but i will not take part for it.
Well firstly TCR is a bit of a dead duck, it flopped in the UK because of BTCC, at times there were like 7 cars on the grid.
They merged into WTCC to WTCR, and personally its now dull.
It was never aimed to be the 'biggest thing ever done in sim racing', its just a silly comp to spred the brand to grab along some sim racers.

Secondly regardless of your thoughts on it, i don't understand the level of bile aimed at them and RD, its almost up there with sim dream hate.
I find it bizzare and seems to be an online pile on with people out doing each other with outrage effectively trying to apply cancel culture to a free throw away mod for a race series....

It shine a light on the level of a 'community' when it is happy to scrape around using alsorts of random rips normally, but takes unbridge to this one in particular?
One or two people on here try to do this with GTsupreme (who makes money off rips) and hit a wall of silence, yet i see many matching user names in for the pile on at RD.....
Why doesn't GTsupreme get treated the same on here then?

Bizzare....

Last edited:
Absolutely yes, especially your Polestar One as well (GT3 or GT2?)
Thank you - I rethought the C8.R model changes- will release it on the RTM model. This is still moving forward. Will post a video of it on track soon. GT3 (considering adding standard wing to GT3 model)

Jesus Christ how are you people still going on about TCR - its just a game, none of this matters, get over it and drive something else if you don't like them jfc
Because its the latest pile on.
And 3 pages at least of free adverts for Tommy78.
And people are naturally hypocrites.
And its better than 6 pages at a time about encryption.
EASY churns out a garbage GT2 track conversion every two pages, then its 3 pages of people fixing stuff for it, then few pages of at least 3 people doing extention flies for them each muddling over the next...

Last edited:
Well firstly TCR is a bit of a dead duck, it flopped in the UK because of BTCC, at times there were like 7 cars on the grid.
It was never aimed to be the 'biggest thing ever done in sim racing', its just a silly comp to spred the brand to grab along some sim racers.

Secondly regardless of your thoughts on it, i don't understand the level of bile aimed at them and RD, its almost up there with sim dream hate.
I find it bizzare and seems to be an online pile on with people out doing each other with outrage effectively trying to apply cancel culture to a free throw away mod for a race series....

It shine a light on the level of a 'community' when it is happy to scrape around using alsorts of random rips normally, but takes unbridge to this one in particular?
One or two people on here try to do this with GTsupreme (who makes money off rips) and hit a wall of silence, yet i see many matching user names in for the pile on at RD.....

Bizzare....
We enter a series of personal toughts also in this case but:

WHATEVER thinhs went under control of the FIA has been destroyed at some point (sees in the past the GT1 of 97, the WTCC, the WEC and so on, even sometimes something went good in a second time)...

In UK, the TCR went underrated because BTCC is way better than it (and thanks god FIA never put their hands on it).

With 'biggest thing ever done in sim racing' i mean they way they promoted it via social, forum and so on, the hype that mr RD have in the presentation video where he say NO we are not like the others was pretty clear to me.

As said, i don't care about crap stuff, i ignore them (don't care if people download or pay for them, i don't), but can i say what i think about it or i can't because it's free?

That's it.

Jesus Christ how are you people still going on about TCR - its just a game, none of this matters, get over it and drive something else if you don't like them jfc
And so? We can shut down GTP at this point? This is a community about sim racing, we talk about good and bad mods, we develop scratch cars or tracks and updates stuff. TCR is part of the game too, so why ignore it? Just because you said? You can ignore the discussion and move on...

RELEASED 2009 Pontiac Solstice Coupe GXP
It's just an other Pontiac Release...
CSP latest version is recommended (Turn Signals and Doors Animations. )
Sounds: Stock and LS3 Edited by Me and converted from Forza.
Features: The Hardtop can be removed & Diffs can be adjusted.
Download link, and have fun !
(UPDATED AGAIN, FIXED THE FLAME POSITION & ATTACHED THE BRAKE CAPS)
DO NOT REUPLOAD ANYWHERE AS LONG SHARING WITH ORGINIAL LINK IS ALLOWED. THAT'S MEAN NO REUPLOAD TO MODSHARE OR SIMLIAR "PAY PER CLICK" SHARE DOWNLOADS LINKS.
View attachment 1087702

RELEASED 1989 Chevrolet/GMC Suburban (PACK of 5)
After Long delay or halt, I decided to finish up the Suburban's and Release it.
CSP latest version is recommended (Refracting Lights and Doors Animations. )
5 Pack of Suburban's Contains:
----Chevrolet----
5.7 Gas V8 = 210hp & 407 Nm
6.2 Diesel V8 = 130hp & 325 Nm
----GMC-----
5.7L Gas V8 = 195hp & 407 Nm
6.2L Diesel V8 = 148hp & 351 Nm
7.4L Gas = 230hp & 522 Nm
Features:
Now can Adjust Diffs while in Pits,
Customize Suburban's "Parts/Kits" While in Pits.
TEMPLATES IS INCULDED IN DIESEL CHEVROLET SUBURBAN.
Sounds: All each cars are done by me. Engine Sound were generated by Game "Automation".
DO NOT REUPLOAD ANYWHERE AS LONG SHARING WITH ORGINIAL LINK IS ALLOWED. THAT'S MEAN NO REUPLOAD TO MODSHARE OR SIMLIAR "PAY PER CLICK" SHARE DOWNLOADS LINKS.
View attachment 1087703

RELEASED 1988 Ponatic Fiero GT (PACK of 4)
Reworked on Fiero Again, Now handles better, And Added 3 swapped cars.

Factory GT V6 Fiero,
LS3,
LS3 Turbo,
And Electric Swapped.

CSP latest version is recommended (Refracting Lights and Doors Animations. AND Exterior Transmission sound *For Electric.)
Sounds:
Factory: Myself (Forza)
Electric: Myself (Forza)
LS3: Myself (Forza)
LS3 Turbo: Unknown.
https://mega.nz/file/6g4w0CRI#H5spj0VdJrBvZhZ3s0AGj_gveXRv53IFbQDIEoXlCJc

DO NOT REUPLOAD ANYWHERE AS LONG SHARING WITH ORGINIAL LINK IS ALLOWED. THAT'S MEAN NO REUPLOAD TO MODSHARE OR SIMLIAR "PAY PER CLICK" SHARE DOWNLOADS LINKS.​

View attachment 1087704View attachment 1087705
These are all the same of what came out 2 months ago, right?

I am not talking about wild lift off oversteer, but getting the nose pointing into the corner in a controlled manner, the only chance you get to rotate a FWD car is on corner entry when the weight is more on the front than the rear. The TCR mod doesn't feel this way to me, even when trail braking deep into the corner.

I am not talking about wild lift off oversteer, but getting the nose pointing into the corner in a controlled manner, the only chance you get to rotate a FWD car is on corner entry when the weight is more on the front than the rear. The TCR mod doesn't feel this way to me, even when trail braking deep into the corner.
Hi mate, I understand your point.

The way the physic model has been concived the front tires get to the grip limit (get saturated) much earlier than the rears do.

The forces applied during the corner entry in the front outside wheel (weight+braking+steering angle) make this wheel slide first.
The rotation you are trying to provoque comes when the rear outside tire breaks its grip limit first.
I was trying also to provoque it too, but looking at the replays, the maximum I could achieve (with the Hyundai) is to block the rear inner wheel because isn't almost touching the ground.

It makes me think that in this mod the front braking power is much stronger than the rear.
In fact we can only set the brake bias to 50% percent as lower.
I we could set at 4x% we could actually provoque more rotation (yaw rate) by blocking the rear wheels (like tightening the hand brake).

Does it matches the real TCR cars? I don't know, I never drove one. (I hope to win the challenge and check it out:lol:)

Any way, I don't care a lot. It will be the same for all participants and from my point of view is very fun when you drive it to the limit.

cheers

Bizzare....
It is a fair question if GTsupreme has acted similar to RD/Steve Worrell. Has GTsupreme offered up "officially sponsored" content? Asking because I can't remember.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back