Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,752 comments
I greet all fans of asetta corsa and raceroom, please I have a little question, is there any mod, application for editing external and internal cameras for cars - I have not found anything on various forums for raceroom.

yes, download

I tried the link in an other browser, than Chrome and it worked

thank you, yes this one works just fine.
Maybe was the same problem as i had with (don't remember the name) few days/week ago with a track which give me problem when try to decompress the archive and other people don't have. Strange behaviour :-/

I am not talking about wild lift off oversteer, but getting the nose pointing into the corner in a controlled manner, the only chance you get to rotate a FWD car is on corner entry when the weight is more on the front than the rear. The TCR mod doesn't feel this way to me, even when trail braking deep into the corner.
I like your descrip of trailing throttle understeer.

Just a small break from F1 extensions to share a Nordschleife one 😉

Thank you very much for this!
Do you plan to "update" all the other Kunos tracks too?

Just a small break from F1 extensions to share a Nordschleife one 😉

I was hoping that someone made an up to date nords with a reskin, amazing job!

One or two people on here try to do this with GTsupreme (who makes money off rips) and hit a wall of silence, yet i see many matching user names in for the pile on at RD.....
Why doesn't GTsupreme get treated the same on here then?

Bizzare....
It's funny isn't it ?
It is a fair question if GTsupreme has acted similar to RD/Steve Worrell. Has GTsupreme offered up "officially sponsored" content? Asking because I can't remember.
So ripping mods made by other people and hiding it behind a paywall is OK, but a subpar 'official' free mod on RD is when they take their pitchforks out ? Man this is... Weird. And tragic. Guess if you're a nobody making mods in your free time only to have it stolen it just happens, eh. Soz m8.

I'd get the anger if the TCR mod was a paid one.. But it's free. Why bother, then ?

Did anyone bought anything from APVS? I tried to contact them for support with one of their tracks but I didn't get any replies from them.
I fixed one of their track upon request of a person because the track have some huge problems. Don't know if they are good for the support or not to be honest, but if that person asked my help probably they didn't reply to him too

Hi everyone,
I have a lidar scan of the Pacific GP - Seattle's Premier Karting Track. I converted the data from a point cloud to a mesh but I don't have time to make it all the way through to an AC track.

Link to the track.

View attachment 1087470
Here is the scan of the track. I do have the surrounding landscape too, including the Pacific Raceways.

I wonder if anyone is interested in making this track if I can dm you the scan?
I would be interested. It would be a 1960s or 1970s version of Pacific Raceways. It would be cool to have a vintage kart track and of course a vintage version of Pacific Raceways.

It's funny isn't it ?

So ripping mods made by other people and hiding it behind a paywall is OK, but a subpar 'official' free mod on RD is when they take their pitchforks out ? Man this is... Weird. And tragic. Guess if you're a nobody making mods in your free time only to have it stolen it just happens, eh. Soz m8.

I'd get the anger if the TCR mod was a paid one.. But it's free. Why bother, then ?
I agree with you that pithforks and inappropriate language/communication are unnecessary. However, I can understand the disappointment when words like “official, sponsored, or licensed” are attached to this TCR mod. Considering RD’s stance on ripped content and those words, I think it’s fair to raise questions based on the content that was delivered.

I can only speak for myself. I never participated in GTsupreme’s patreon.

I fixed one of their track upon request of a person because the track have some huge problems. Don't know if they are good for the support or not to be honest, but if that person asked my help probably they didn't reply to him too
I bought the Balcarce track and the GTS cars (parody of Turismo Carretera cars) out of curiosity. The cars are nice but the track has issues. If I set up a qualy or track day event, the cars want to join the track immediately and crash upon the pit wall instead of going down the pit lane. It's like there's no set AI line for the pit lane. The pits being oddly placed in tents and not parallel to the track don't help. I would record AI lines myself but I don't have a wheel, I was told you need a wheel to properly record AI lines.

Is there an easy way to remove the tachometer that as been added in the TCR Virtual mod in cockpit view, on pancake it is not that bad, but in VR it is really not nice.

I bought the Balcarce track and the GTS cars (parody of Turismo Carretera cars) out of curiosity. The cars are nice but the track has issues. If I set up a qualy or track day event, the cars want to join the track immediately and crash upon the pit wall instead of going down the pit lane. It's like there's no set AI line for the pit lane. The pits being oddly placed in tents and not parallel to the track don't help. I would record AI lines myself but I don't have a wheel, I was told you need a wheel to properly record AI lines.
Yep, you can without but is better with a wheel for sure

what a beauty ^^

1634854385080.jpeg

1634854397502.jpeg

1634854442301.jpeg

Last edited:
I found out that Hum3D made a model of that Honda Civic Type R TCR which might as well be the most accurate rendition I've ever seen, especially its headlights being the most accurate to the real deal surprisingly (for a team that usually nails proportions in a similar vein to Turn 10). So I'm considering to buy this model once I'll find a job since it's really expensive (€95), but I personally think it's really worth it since all the other models of it, between all the current ones for AC and RaceRoom, they happen to have the most unaccurate headlights which are wrong in different ways for each model. Even though it doesn't have any interiors (like majority of other car models in that store), I can hopefully adapt an interior from another model of it which has the most accurate interiors out of them all and since lots of liveries have been made for each models in the past years, I feel like we can recreate ALL liveries which ever existed for that one TCR on the Hum3D model in order to have the most definitive version of it ever made for a driving simulator so far.

https://hum3d.com/it/3d-models/honda-civic-tcr-hatchback-2018/

I always thought that TCR has been portrayed badly in driving simulators so far, to multiple renditions of a single TCR car made for AC, to models not really looking the real part in other games such as RaceRoom as well. This time I feel we can all change that starting with this Honda eventually.

I need a little help on p134 please. I went from p63 to this direct and all of the sudden my brightness have gone to hell. everything super dark - like an AO film in car. I have Sol2.1.3 still and use _sol PP filter. Exposure was at 100% and Brightness also at 100%.

Going back to p63 everything works, but I would love to use the latest preview.

Should I use a different PPF or SOL version? Could you perhaps post your CM preset for me to try please?
Hi Browser. I'm not near my rig at present so I can't post specific settings right now, but as I haven't used the standard SOL PP filters for some time, my settings probably wouldn't look good on your monitor either way. They're all tuned for my 32:9 monitor/RTX3070 GPU.

I'd recommend you try reinstalling the latest version of SOL (after having done the CSP update). I can't remember how old SOL 2.1.3 is, but the ones on the SOL Discord channel have progressed well beyond the latest on RaceDepartment if that's the version you're running. Reboot your PC before firing everything up to try it again too.

Last edited:
I agree with you that pithforks and inappropriate language/communication are unnecessary. However, I can understand the disappointment when words like “official, sponsored, or licensed” are attached to this TCR mod. Considering RD’s stance on ripped content and those words, I think it’s fair to raise questions based on the content that was delivered.

I can only speak for myself. I never participated in GTsupreme’s patreon.
Disapointment is one thing, I mean there are many games with official licenses, like F1 games, Motogp games etc and they get critisised.
They cost money and in some cases people say its wasted license etc etc.

But the stuff over on RD is just a pile on with people salvating and getting giddy off it. Unedifying.

Had they of locked out the license and charged for it that is one thing, but they haven't, wtcr is still in race room (IMO the best FWD touring cars still in any sim).
It is a throw away landfill mod for an ageing sim which so happens to have a big audience draw still.

Words like 'official' and 'sponsored' are just that, words.
Heaps of gaming garbage has been 'official' over the decades, certainly not proof of quality.
I purchased the official Truck raicng game by big ben, i know what i am talking about... utter garbage.
Who is the fool?

Last edited:
Words like 'official' and 'sponsored' are just that, words.
Heaps of gaming garbage has been 'official' over the decades, certainly not proof of quality.
I purchased the official Truck raicng game by big ben, i know what i am talking about... utter garbage.
Who is the fool?
Fair point. Do you believe people are upset because they're comparing this TCR mod to WTCR RaceRoom and other highly rated officially licensed racing games/sims? Or are people comparing these new officially licensed cars to previous officially licensed cars in Assetto Corsa (the 178 original/DLC cars and the officially licensed KTM X-Bow GT4)?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back