Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
Happy New Year, folks.

FH8fb00XEAcskwl.jpg

Very strange indeed. I hope that Ilya's update fixes your problems.
could you tell me if you can get any one of these to work with your setup?

I can not get them to function. all others are now working for some reason. I turned extrafx back off and the ones that were fixed by turning it on, stayed fixed. I will warn you that trying to start Jeddah now will hard lock my computer and a reboot is needed. The others just have missing black textures. Also, 1.77 has crashed on me multiple times where I have never had that happen before. This is a pretty fresh install of AC with not a ton of content added.

could you tell me if you can get any one of these to work with your setup?

I can not get them to function. all others are now working for some reason. I turned extrafx back off and the ones that were fixed by turning it on, stayed fixed. I will warn you that trying to start Jeddah now will hard lock my computer and a reboot is needed. The others just have missing black textures. Also, 1.77 has crashed on me multiple times where I have never had that happen before. This is a pretty fresh install of AC with not a ton of content added.
Happy New Year 🙋‍♂️

Basically I got all tracks to work (without changing my setup). Problems seem to occur randomly.

Jeddah - 1st and 2nd try crash or error message, after that it runs.

Losail - 1st try texture error, after that it runs.

Indianapolis - 1st to 3rd try texture problems, then it works (edit: The only track that still has graphic errors now - even with the workaround "Unpack texture.zip". Apparently the 1x where it worked was coincidence.)

Sepang - 1st time texture error, then it works again.

Last edited:
You can try to unzip the "textures.zip" in the extension folder and remove all entries of "textures.zip::" in ext_config.ini. For example "RESOURCE_FILE_2=sponsors_dirt.dds" instead of "RESOURCE_FILE_2=textures.zip::sponsors_dirt.dds" in the ext_config.ini of sepang.

Is this the last version?
Kinda confused now.

The files size are exactly the same.
Left: old - Right: new
View attachment 1102813

Mod versions.
Left: old - Right: new
View attachment 1102816
This is only an example, checked all cars and all have the same files and folders sizes.
Thoughts? :)
Yes, I have installed this package maybe four times so version number should be 4 or 5. We just have to live with it that skillful modders are not so good in mathematics.

Do you have a good A180 mod? Or a car mod has similar specs?

I want to practice my pedals but the cars in the game are too racey...

Or do you have any mod suggestions for a preperation for the real test I'm open to it.

btw. i know it isn't real enough on sims but i never drive MT... I need/want to practice my muscle memory with clutch/stick timing.

So Pyyer has made extensions for the Nürburgring as well as the Nordschleife. Is there a way to combine those two for the endurance layouts for the Nords?
No, not out of the box. There is alot of adjustment necessary to have it working. Maybe @Pyyer can check if he wants to create an extension as well.

do you know anything about these cars? I found the photos on the web a few years ago

Attachments

• 15384610_1191259704289968_7646739836169214253_o.jpg
    15384610_1191259704289968_7646739836169214253_o.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 15578145_1196703080412297_2103733466238663444_o.jpg
    15578145_1196703080412297_2103733466238663444_o.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 15675594_1196703083745630_5108438199177809715_o.jpg
    15675594_1196703083745630_5108438199177809715_o.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 19
Happy new year everyone as I promised:

Here are the LMP cars: Credits we're already given in the discord if you're already in it. (ACFSK) And as I said The cars are coming to the GTP gang in the new year and here they are. As I said All but the Toyota TS050 is encrypted so you will need CSP i recommend having the latest one to use these cars and to clarify yes you can see them through CM showroom. Any bugs mention me in here and I'll get to the bottom of it.

Happy new Year from me.

1641037828096.png

edit: did the wrong link - google link includes the 1.2 fix.

Last edited:
Happy new year everyone as I promised:

Here are the LMP cars: Credits we're already given in the discord if you're already in it. (ACFSK) And as I said The cars are coming to the GTP gang in the new year and here they are. As I said All but the Toyota TS050 is encrypted so you will need CSP i recommend having the latest one to use these cars and to clarify yes you can see them through CM showroom. Any bugs mention me in here and I'll get to the bottom of it.

Happy new Year from me.

View attachment 1102907

edit: did the wrong link - google link includes the 1.2 fix.

As good as your word. Great start to the new year. Thank you :cheers:

add this to the extension folder in the specific car.
It's not needed, you just need to add to the car extension this

[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE=common/f1_tyre_damage.ini

the values you provide are already in the f1_tyre_damage.ini, so by including that string in the ext_config, AC recalls them in game without have to paste all that lines in the ext_config of the car ;)

Ah ok! It's already active but I also didn't know about this tire deformation.
Thanks
Tyre damage is not active (unless the modders include in the ext_config of the car), you have to manually add to the ext_config of the car itself this line for the tyre damage

[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE=common/f1_tyre_damage.ini

Last edited:
ahh Ok but with one line only you cant adjust the values like grain and flat spot.
it depends, you can create your own ini file and place in the same folder as that one and reuse for different type of car instead having to remember all the times all the values to put inside the ext_config ;)

Thanks to Zizh Games, who gave us some new russian cars for Christmas, I tried to pack some russian cars together on the grid to simulate russian racing car championship in the 90's.
1641046884269.jpeg

1641046940749.jpeg

I wanted to race in a russian track, and finally i selected the Togliatti Ring. Sadly the AI don't work, the cars stuck on the grid. ☹️
Unbelivable, but 1 day later, Carcide released on RaceDepartment fixes for this track. 🤓

I play some races with the Samara, the layout of the track is very good, I really like these races. The opponents are the other 2108, the SCC version of Lada 2101 and Moskvich, the IZH Oda 1600, Vaz2106Club, and I put the Golf2 BTCC as a western car. Sadly the 2105 A2 was very slow compared to others...
(Two day before, I realised that, I missed the VFTS and the Volga, they are also good opponents.)

But one thing is disturb me. The track cams.... They are too far. (The FOV is too large) 😕
So I modified the original cameras FOV from 60 to 30. And fixes the bug with the last and first cameras.

Maybe in some place is it a bit far yet, but when I see a replay I like to wach the other too. I not like the "very zoomed" cameras where only the driver head is visible...😉

Writing this post was take more time, than made this "new" cams. (including the test run laps) 😅
But this is the story behind this mod.

I hope you will enjoy this!
Happy New Year!

Attachments

• TogliattiRing-cameras_1-modifiedbyTibi.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Anyone knows how to implement the LOD generator in CM? I've tried to follow a tut on youtube, but it basically misses all the steps needed. I have a free license of Simplygon, installed and activated the free license of 5 yrs, but i can have the option in CM to make LODs. There's something i miss, something to activate or what? Thanks in advance

Beautiful mod!

...and another prime example of a mod that needs someone to work on the tire LUTs. After 15 laps around Toscana, the rear tires are still cold, no matter how hard I try to warm them up, and with that, the rear end often comes loose and around.

With an update that fixes this (I hope there's one), it will not just be a beautiful mod--It will be an excellent mod!

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back